Bounty Boys Giving Back to the Community • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Bounty Boys Giving Back to the Community
 Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 11:57 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
Experience: More than 10 years
Hmmm....disparaging bail bond agents....wait! Isn't that who you do work for? When recovery people start attacking bail agents are you not cutting your own lifeline. Remember that there are only a few surety companies in this business and word travels rather fast to and from those sureties on recovery persons that act responsibly and those that do not. Mitigating legal liability in this business is the key ingredient when working with professional bail agents. (By the way, I am not a bail bond agent nor a posting agent, I am a licensed private investigator and legally certified bail fugitve recovery person as are many of the members of this forum.) I have worked with bail agents nationwide in locating and apprehending their skips. I also have been in this business far longer than your team.

Mr. Black, this whole discussion started when some of us had viewed your online videos and simply stated that, while you may be able to use some of those tactics in Oklahoma they would be considered illegal in other states and jurisdictions. No argument, just saying that they were illegal in other areas. If the tactics you use are legal in Oklahoma and you never intend to work outside of the state, then certainly continue using them if they work for you. These observations were based on the videos you have intentionally posted for others to see. No one was arguing with you, just posting statements of fact regarding our own Areas of Operation.

Last edited by RCrew on Wed 17 Mar 2010 22:01, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 14:44 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
"I guess you would rather we drive a truck, wear blue jeans and bring our wives with us to go hunt our own bond forfeitures in between our part time job as a bondsman from our home office in the back of our trailer home."

Congratulations, Mr. Black. Whatever respect I did have for you just went down the tubes, not that it matters to you, in the least. You obviously came to this forum with some pre-conceived notions about bail bond agents and what we do for a living. I am a licensed bail bond agent, and I do this job full time. This is how I provide for my family, just as your vocation is how you provide for yours. For you to cast dispersions about what I do for a living is short sighted and ignorant.

My license allows me to pursue skips as well as write bail. I enthusiastically pursue my own skips, out of a very deep sense of responsibility to both my general agent and the courts of jurisdiction in which I write. The time will come when I'll have to hire outside help to get that job done, but you can bet your ass the person I hire won't be a hedonistic, arrogant child.

From what I've read here, no one set out to demean your business or your methodology. It was simply stated that your approach won't work in every jurisdiction. Period. If you can't handle the differing opinions of a few fellow professionals without becoming insulting and combative, then this forum is no place for you, because these folks will tell you like it is.

Good day, Mr. Black, and best of luck to you.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Last edited by bail_maker_582 on Wed 17 Mar 2010 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 15:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I too am a licensed bail bond agent and BEA..
Granted, I do a lot of the legwork for the persons going after
our skips... Some I do personally, as I did not 3 weeks ago.
Got a kid out on a total of $115,000 in bonds to boot.
Honestly, I personally would not hire someone of your caliber..
It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I don't want to ever ruin
the record I have with the state.

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 15:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
:cry: Geez,

I read the posts with interest but never intending to post a reply but I feel like I have been made fun of.

You see, when chasing my own skips, I use my F-250. Randy can vouch for that except when caught unexpectantly with hot intel while in my CV. And it looks like a cop car because it is.

(It saves me in parking tickets and an occassional accidental speeding ticket. It also keeps the pan handlers away and allows me to drop off my clients at home in the bad parts of Oakland and Richmond without problems from the local bad boys.)

But I really like to use my truck and I take personal offense of you degrading all us FULLTIME bail agents that work our on skips, in a pickup truck. Or my wifes Mazda station wagon. Or my father in laws Chevy mini van.

So to reply with a insult of my own, 10,000 actual, hands on, hook and book skip recoveries in OK alone, seems a bit high to me also.

Unless the bail agents there write some really supid bonds and the skips are even more stupid and are just standing on the corner waiting fro you guys to come along and pick them up.

Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 16:42 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
Geez, Tony...I think I WAS wearing jeans the last time we went out in your F-250!!! (Though my normal attire is business casual.) :wink:

Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 18:12 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
I have read this thread from the beginning as it was posted and believed no value in responding, not because it didn't deserve it, but because I detest the smell of pee. I have no issue with self promoting, we all do it. I have no problem with constructive criticism, as I am more critical on myself than anyone. I concur that tactics and behavior may be acceptable in one area of operation and not in mine. I have observed that in the more populated, and yes more educated areas of this country, less is tolerated. Do what you do, it costs me nothing...until your antics make headlines and cause more negative pressure on an already struggling industry.

To your points...many of us do good works daily, quietly, laying up treasures in Heaven, and you won't see that on video. I am a Surety Bondsman, a Property Bondsman with in excessive of 1 million dollars in property, free and clear, titled to the court, I am a licensed Private Investigator in multiple states, and I am a Bail Enforcement Agent. My recoveries are also documented, and the actual totals at one time were used by our industry lobbyist to fight for our industry. The numbers don't matter to anybody but me, and they are no where near yours, so kudos to you. I have been in the recovery business since the 1980's and did not start bonding until 1999. Staying power, I have it. Industry knowledge and hands on experience, I have that too. I have made legal apprehensions in 34 states to date, in person and have caused the arrests in a few more. I have been an instructor and educator in this industry for many years.

Every facet of this industry has a value. A good "Posting Agent" is worth their weight in gold if they protect the assets of the bondsman that is responsible. Not all bondsman that hire recovery people do so because they do not know how or can't do the investigation and recovery themselves. They have reached a stage in their financial growth that it is not cost effective for them to do it anymore. Personally, I have always practiced what I preach and that is "Low Impact" fugitive recovery. For those that have worked for or with me, they can attest to that. I am personally insulted, albeit not surprised, at your response to the industry that feeds you. Although I do not wish you any harm, a little humble pie might alleviate any future trouble that will occur. You were given decent advice that you summarily dismissed. When we lose the ability to learn, we are defeated.

I wish you much success, but when you fall, do it quietly and don't take food off of my table in the process.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 18:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I can attest to Scotts knowledge. A few years back, the PBUS invited Mr. Duane Chapman to their Las Vegas convention. Mr. Chapmamn spoke about "him" how great he was, not in the exact words but, it was all about him. He also posed for photos with his admirerers.

The next day Scott and another recovery agent spoke for a hour and half. Less than half the people attended their session than stood in line to meet the "Dog."

Yet, there was no comparison between the two. The knowledge, skills, professionalism and ethics of Scott, was way far and above the "Dog."

So when Scott speaks, we all listen. And learn.

That goes for the many other pros on this site.

Me, I'm just a baby in this field compared to them.

I still like my truck for chasing skips. I must remember to keep a pair of blue jeans in the back.

Post Posted: Wed 17 Mar 2010 19:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Thanks Tony,
As you well know, Rex Venator was the other guest speaker who, as usual, did a stellar job in representing this industry, and continues to do so with his BailSpeak classes.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 18 Mar 2010 05:23 

I gotta throw one more thing in here. This guy is not the only one that runs down posting agents. I recently sat on a panel to help write legisilation to revamp the laws regarding bail in MO. I was shocked at how the general agents, for the most part, ran down posting agents. We dont view it that way at all. IMHO, a bail bond company is only as good as its agents. If you dont take care of those agents that get out and make the money for you, they will go somewhere else and you wont be so high and mighty.

We try our best to treat our agents as good as possible. Make sure they are happy and do all we can to see they make money. If they dont make money, we dont make money. As for BB, I dont see his angle. Putting down bondsmen seems like a good way for a bounty hunter to go out of business. I do beilieve I will copy all of his condescending comments and forward them with an explaination to some lowly bondsmen I know in his area of operation.

Which, just so you yall know, OK is one of the easier states I have ever worked in. All except for once, in OKC, I have called in to get LE to come out with us to comply with state law and have been told to go ahead and do it and call if we need help. In OKC, once out of many, I was told to wait til they got there. So, unless you just dont want the drive, you can work there on your own with no problem.

Post Posted: Thu 18 Mar 2010 05:37 

That says it all about BB15. Not only could he not answer a question stright. He removed his posts. Thats what I like, a man of conviction that stands by his words. :roll: Just as suspected, a LEO wanna be. Probably hasnt been in business nearly as long as he claims and Im positive not nearly as much action as he claims. When I can, Im going to research him and his partner a little. I think the truth needs telling.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage