Bounty Boys Giving Back to the Community • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Bounty Boys Giving Back to the Community
 Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 07:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Always be aware of the Laws in your area of operation. What may be acceptable (legal) in one, may be a serious charge in another.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 07:48 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
I have never read or even heard of a law that would prohibit someone from being safe!

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 09:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It is alright here to "Visit" with someone while recovering another . . . it is not alright to "pat" (touch) them down or "detain" (ie . . . cuff them, hold {take} them to the side, in another room, etc.) them.
For touching them, one can be charged with "simple assault", a Class 'A' Misdemeanor (punishable ~ up to a year in the County Jail)
For detaining them, one can be charged with "False Imprisonment" . . . also a Class 'A' Misdemeanor (punishable ~ up to a year in the County Jail).

Of course, the above only would occur should the 'offended' party put up a fuss about it to the LE.

That is not to say that if you are "attacked" by a party other than the one you are taking into custody that you cannot defend your self. By all means one must protect him/herself.

Always be aware of the Laws in the area you are operating in or, intend to operate in

Quote:
I would stick by my guns and state it was for the safety of us and the DEF. Safety is always first, as well as de-escalating a tense situation. reddragon116

Uhm . . . I know the District Judge here would not take that into consideration during your sentencing. Altho, your lawyer could try ;-)

If a situation is bad to start out with it will only get worse . . . One can always come back another day . . . OR . . . another place.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 11:45 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
The same goes for California but probably to a higher degree! There are a lot of hungry trial lawyers out here that would jump at the chance to take that one to court (and probably win) in our court system. It goes along with the California Penal Code section that prohibits us from forcing our way into a residence unless it is owned by the subject we are looking for and we know, for a fact, that they are inside. Otherwise, it becomes breaking and entering, a felony here.

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 11:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
prohibits us from forcing our way into a residence unless it is owned by the subject we are looking for and we know, for a fact, that they are inside. Otherwise, it becomes breaking and entering, a felony here.

Yeah . . . here too. and NO entering of a third party residence . . .

I guess some States are more lax than others OR . . . the Laws have not been tested yet in regards to Our Industry.
There is always that "Test Case"

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 19:58 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

I love it when people lawyer up- they never "KNOW" the law but rather repeat what they have learned from somebody who heard it from somebody who has a friend that dated a cousins nephew that had lunch with a judge a year ago. I understand that laws vary from state to state and that bounty hunters have a loose, at best, guideline in which to operate but listen up- I don't care where you live or what law dictates what for whoever or whatever. There is no crime committed in the above mentioned situation, period! I won't even go into the fundamental applications on how to approach and command ones self while bounty hunting. I will simply say this: 10 years in the business, documented more than 10,000 arrests, zero law suites.

bb15

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 20:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
I will simply say this: 10 years in the business, documented more than 10,000 arrests, zero law suites.

Well., Kudos to you. You are obviously a very busy fella . . . working everyday for the past 10 years you have made a minimum of 2.739 re-arrests a day. You def deserve a break from all of this frustrating stuff. . .

What we are saying, is . . . what may work in your AO . . .MAY NOT work in anothers'.
Certainly not here in Arkansas nor in California. That certainly leaves alot of other States. Some of which I know are every bit as strict as the two already mentioned.

No one is arguing with you or trying to disrespect you . . . only stating fact.

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 20:37 

LOL

Doug and I were discussing this today driving down the road. He was a sheriff here for over 14 yrs. He had seen the same video I posted about. He agreed with me. That was assault. That guy clearly did nothing to have a guy dressed in SWAT wanna be uniform to grab the back of his shirt and have him grab some wall and be patted down.

BB15, I was just asking quesitons and wasnt going to make a deal of this. However, you talked yourself into it. Its pretty easy for me to see that your pretty quick to take offense and that makes me suspicious. Now your claiming almost 3 arrests a day, every single day for "over 10 years". I gotta call bullsht now.

Even though Im calling it, I still dont take away from the fact it appears you guys do a good job, act mostly professional, much better than Dog at least, and give back to your commmunity. Kudos for that. But dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

Post Posted: Mon 15 Mar 2010 22:45 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
BB15,

I do not know you, the laws regarding bouty hunting/fugitive recovery/bailenforcement in Oklahoma, nor anything about your team. It is not my intention to disparage you or your work. My post was in reference to California law and I do know the California Penal Code very well. Would you like me to list the actual sections of the PC that would apply in the indicated situation? If you would like I can also list quite a number of legal cites (from previously adjudicated court cases) where said laws were applied. The fact is that here in California the physical detention of anyone other than the subject in question and any kind of personal search would be considered Unlawful Detention and Simple Assault. Yes, in California, we ARE required to know the laws pertaining to Bail Fugitive Recovery in order to conduct operations in this state. That is part of our state mandated training.

If it is an actual assault on the recovery agent then you certainly have the right to defend yourself. However, if it is a percieved assualt, than the best action is to back away and try a different approach. I also must say that if you are, in fact, doing nearly 3 re-arrests per day and have been doing so every day for the past 10 years (which is what your numbers indicate), I find those numbers highly suspicious.

Post Posted: Tue 16 Mar 2010 17:50 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

This is funny to even talk about because as I mentioned- all my teams arrests are documented. I am not looking to debate law nor justify my tally of arrests because as already mentioned, THERE ALL DOCUMENTED! Allow me to help some of you who are quick to point fingers and talk about joy rides with police officers: If a person knocks on a door- home owner answers- said person requests to come inside- home owner obliges- there is no breaking an entry. If a person asks another their name and is given a name- there is no harassment. If a person asks to see if you have a weapon and then allowed to check- no illegal search has occurred. Get my position? Now after that, if a person posses a threat for what ever reason, to another, it doesn't matter that he is a bounty hunter. It only matters what kind of force is used. Now to the hunter that thinks it's better to walk away and came again some other day well, maybe that's why you don't enjoy the same numbers we have been blessed with. Last point to make- I have never in ten years created a single enemy in the field. It is unfortunate that there has been times where bronze had to take over brains however a camaraderie has always been created before the jail is reached. It is only "BOUNTY HUNTERS" who choose to show hostility towards me and the team. I don't ask for the belief in who we are or the level of success we have achieved- we provide free of charge for all the world to see. There is no "he said she said", it is all on film, period. And for the hatters that will continue to bash us, please applying for a job with us, we're not hiring!!!!

God Bless, bb15

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage