"Officer of the Court" designation...pros & cons? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: "Officer of the Court" designation...pros & cons?
 Post Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2010 22:44 

Thought it appropriate to start a new discussion rather than hijack the other thread.

Having read of the success in Virginia, in getting 'Officer of the Court' status for the bail industry, there, I have a question or three for those among us who already have or will be getting so designated.

Aside from now having access to previously unavailable information from L.E. and/or the courts on a particular subject (seems like a good thing), what are some of the other advantages you also enjoy?

What are some of the disadvantages? Are you still considered a private business and free to turn down a bond for whatever reason you deem pertinent?

How might this tie to the 'system' affect public perception of the bondsman and the industry?

How might or has this tie to the system affect L.E. and the Court's perception/opinion of the industry?

Will leave it at that, for now, to see where the discussion goes. Thanks for any replies.

Professional regards.
David Platt
aka: bailagent100

Post subject: Re: "Officer of the Court" designation...pros & cons?
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Mar 2010 07:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
David,
I think we can have tunnel vision and know too much about our own industry and assume that the general public knows as well. I would offer that there would be no negative effects and that the general public, as well as law enforcement, will remain as ignorant about the bail process as they currently are. Every one of us has been forced into an impromptu bail class when confronted with uniformed police when we had a fugitive in custody. We all still field the "Are you just like Dog?" questions from these same LEO, so the inherit lack of respect remains intact. The hopes are that there will be cooperation from LEO. I would like to hear from the fine gentlemen from OH on here, because I understand them to have the same status.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post subject: Re: "Officer of the Court" designation...pros & cons?
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Mar 2010 09:16 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
I can see nothing but positives on this one. Scott's assessment was, IMHO, on the money.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion