Hunter Charged With Murder • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Hunter Charged With Murder
 Post Posted: Sun 14 Feb 2010 20:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I stand by my previous post in that until Texas law is further defined, this person may have had every right to work there. The question is whether he exceeded his rights in shooting the defendant. Was it self-defense or not, and was the person following other state laws at the time? If not, then nothing else really matters. I can defend his right to make the apprehension, just as I can defend mine and others until there is a court ruling otherwise. My question is whether the actual shooting was justified.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Mon 15 Feb 2010 05:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
In addition to what Kathy offered, we were not there, and this industry is rife with news accounts that were on the front page and retracted later on the last page. We don't know the facts, and I hope they play out in his favor. If he was wrong, then the law will handle it accordingly, and it will have long term negative outcome for our industry as Andy said.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 16 Feb 2010 17:49 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Bad news creates interest, stories, TV and papers... same thing, all about power and/or money.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 17 Feb 2010 16:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
A Little Update and Speculation

Some not surprised by bounty hunter's arrest
By the PDH
Published: Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:06 PM CST

Some residents in Carlsbad, N.M., weren’t surprised to hear that one of their own was arrested for murder in Plainview on Tuesday night.

Bounty hunter Jarrod Neil Flaming, 41, was charged for the murder of 31-year-old Derek Graves, who was wanted on drug charges out of Amarillo.

"We knew it was coming," one Carlsbad resident, who requested anonymity, said in a phone interview. "We expected it at any time. We really thought he would shoot someone here just clowning around."

Online discussions also have made Flaming out to be a person obsessed with wanting to be a part of law enforcement.

"He’s dangerous because he desperately wanted to be this officer type of person," the Carlsbad caller, who has known Flaming for about nine years, said. "I guess he finally carried it to the extreme in Plainview."

The resident, who formerly worked as an EMT in New Mexico, mentioned instances where Flaming showed up attempting to apprehend people who were in need of medical assistance.

The man said they were attempting to arouse a woman who was unconscious when Flaming appeared on the scene demanding to take the girl into custody. The EMTs were forced to call Carlsbad police so they could provide the woman with medical care.

The caller also said Flaming would strut around community events showing off his gun.

"It’s like he wanted everyone to know he’s got it," he said.

Flaming is president and CEO of Bad Dog Bail Bonds, Inc., in Carlsbad. He and his partner, who sources have identified as Morgan Moore, were in Plainview attempting to find Graves, who had skipped out on a Potter County warrant for possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance.

According to reports, Moore knocked on the door of an apartment at Central Apartments, 910 W. 28th, where Graves was temporarily staying just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and was allowed in by the resident.

When Moore attempted to take Graves into custody, he reportedly jumped out the kitchen window where Flaming was waiting. Graves then fled on 29th Street and into the backyard of a residence at 1111 W. 29th where he was found by officers with one gunshot wound from a 9mm handgun.

Police still are not sure why Flaming shot Graves, Plainview Police Captain Manuel Balderas said, or why he shot off several other rounds with his gun.

Witnesses said they heard as many as 10 shots being fired.

Balderas said that Flaming and his company were not authorized with the correct licenses to come to Texas from New Mexico and apprehend Graves.

In Texas, bounty hunters must be licensed through the Department of Public Safety, and Flaming was not, Balderas said.

DPS officials are conducting their own investigation, and additional charges could be filed against Flaming and Moore.

Police also are working to confirm the authenticity of Flaming’s licenses in New Mexico, Balderas said Friday morning.

Flaming remained in jail on a $75,000 bond Saturday.

( He has since posted bail and is out of custody.)

(Contact Kevin Lewis at 806-296-1353 or kwlewis@hearstnp.com)

Post Posted: Wed 17 Feb 2010 17:42 

I was basing my opinion on what some of the comments from people that know him from NM. However after this revelation,

Quote:
The man said they were attempting to arouse a woman who was unconscious

I now have to question the people making the comments!! Just exactly what and why were they trying to "arouse" on the unconscious woman? I know if I tried that at home, it would lead to a whuppin when she woke up!! :shock:

Post Posted: Wed 17 Feb 2010 19:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Andy, No means No!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 20 Feb 2010 19:14 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Andy, you are baaaaaddddd :wink: .

We have only had two instances where we refused to completely relinquish custody to medical personnel, and neither time were the injuries caused by anything we did. What we did do was remain with the persons while medical attention was provided. In one case the SO completed the transport to the jail, in the other, the person was released back to us.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Mon 03 May 2010 16:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Latest Update

http://www.myplainview.com/news/article ... 002e0.html

Indicted for murder and bail is only $35,000?

Post Posted: Mon 10 May 2010 09:09 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Some of the others indicted were 20k for possesion and intent to sell... but murder and unlawful arrest are only 35k. Interesting

Post Posted: Thu 27 May 2010 18:22 

well that man should be put in jail forever!!! He had no right shooting at Graves!!! He ran so that means his back was towards him. So that means he couldnt have did anything back to the bounty hunter! Even if he did shot him, why did he shoot him 4 times??????? That it could intent to kill!!!! No matter what Graves charge was he should have not been killed!!!! GOD HAVE MERCY ON THAT BOUNTY HUNTER'S SOUL!!!! His bond should have been a lot more!!! Thats sad that we let muderer's back out on the street just like that!!!!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage