Anybody ever dealt with this bonding co? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Anybody ever dealt with this bonding co?
 Post Posted: Fri 30 Oct 2009 14:26 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
South Green Bonding Co. in Greeneville, TN? Has anyone ever done fugitive recovery or had direct dealings with this co? I was contacted to do some skip tracing work, but every time I mentioned a contract would have to be completed, the "owner" would dodge this idea. Sounds like somebody wants some free information to me.

Owner, A Beagle Investigations and Process Service
TN P.I. License #6232, TN P.I. Company License #1496
Senior Agent, A Bail Away Bonding Company Inc.
T.A.P.B.A. Certification Always Current

Post subject: Re: Anybody ever dealt with this bonding co?
 Post Posted: Fri 30 Oct 2009 16:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Or doesn't want to be tied to a contract that one could use to enforce payment.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 30 Oct 2009 17:08 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

That is a fact! Just talked to him a moment ago and asked him to fax a copy of the privacy waiver and his exact words were, "I don't think we got nothin' like that." I said it was sometimes on the same page as the promissory note, and he was confused. Now this guy owns the company. This is Tennessee, but goodness.

Post Posted: Fri 30 Oct 2009 21:06 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
It doesn't matter where you work. Privacy waivers, Indemnitor agreements and bond applications, BE contracts, whatever. Most bondsmen don't understand the need for them, and/or seem to have a problem with "contracts." If it isn't somebody that you absolutely know and trust to pay you for your work, walk away until a contract is signed. Otherwise you may be working for free, and that is not your goal. If the bondsman won't sign the contract, they know they can get around paying you. If their intent was to pay, they wouldn't question signing. As long as you have the signed contract, you can take them to court. They know this! Get it signed, or let them pay the bond. It is their choice!!!

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Sat 31 Oct 2009 19:54 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
From the bondsmans view... I get calls on occasion, wanting to do recovery for me... the first thing I ask for is a FAX with all related licenses, including pictures... lots of times they say something like... "I know exactly where so-in-so is located"... and when I hear that...... I just say......... well in that case bring him to me and I'll get out my check book, but I can not give you a written contract or permission without the license info. If you know where he is just go get him on your own and call me.

I do not worry about them causing a problem for me if they botch a pickup because they have nothing in writing and my response usually shuts them down immediately anyway.

It has been my general observation in business that you will know in the first 60 seconds of conversation, where the line is going and if the person you are talking to is legit.

You see... I am one of the best BS professionals out here, and I can spot another in an instant..... but on the occasions that I need to be fully professional, I can be... a crack pot on the other hand... especially an uneducated one... can not switch back and forth... his true colors will prevail and his vocabulary will often give him away....

Quote:
"I don't think we got nothin' like that."

However, let me clarify one thing along this line.... I actually do know some "Bubba's" that are pretty good in the recovery business, they just sound like "Larry the cable guy" when they talk, so it may take you 180 seconds rather than the 60... to make that determination... 8) 8) and there are actually times... when I want someone to think I am ..... we call them........ "Virginia dumbs".... sometimes that works better than the educated approach. :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 01 Nov 2009 11:21 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Bill,

I thank you might be confused. Although, I do agree with everything you said.

This individual, who says he owns the bonding company, called ME to do some recovery work for HIM. I do all of our recovery work for A Bail Away Bonding Co. Inc., which we own, and I also do contract FR work (with people across the state mainly in different districts). So he called me to help him find this individual. He wanted me to call his bounty hunter he uses sometimes named Mark Coy if I remember correctly. Has anybody ever heard of him? It was just a really strange and unprofessional phone call. In other words, he can call somebody else that will work without a contract, because I won't. Its just too easy to get screwed.

Post Posted: Sun 01 Nov 2009 18:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Joshua, he came to you so you are in charge of the situation. Nobody has power over you that you don't allow them to have. Try responding with "We are a licensed, bonded and insured company and we will only work when contracted properly to do so. If you would like me to fax you an agreement, I will, so that you can review it with your attorney.

See where that takes you!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 01 Nov 2009 19:47 
in memoriam

abeaglepi wrote:
Bill, I thank you might be confused.

I stand corrected, as for my being confused... that is probably an understatement.... I am old, it is late, I am tired... thank you for correcting me... I will now go directly to bed. :shock: :wink:

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 02 Nov 2009 00:11 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
South Greene Bonding is owned by Henry Martin. While I don't know him very well, I have met him a couple of times and one of my recovery/ bond agents in that district does quite a bit of recovery work for him. I asked him about Henry after reading this post and he assured me that he never has a problem being paid whatever they agreed. On a side note I find it interesting that you would inquire on a national forum as to the reputation of a local company that is literally in both our backyards. Even a cursory investigation should have uncovered who owned the company and their reputation. As to the issue of contracts, I have never signed one nor have I ever asked for one. I try to prevent this by delivering the arrestee to the bonding company as opposed to the jail and collecting my fee upon delivery. I don't begrudge anyone who uses them as I am able to commiserate with the need for them; I just never have found them neccessary. I do however insist on an endorsement as outlined in the TCA.
Also on a side not, I found your remark. "I know this is Tennessee, but come on", a bit condescending. Many of the bonding companies in this area have been around for years and rely on their reputations to do business. As you were the one contacted, I certainly feel as if you are entirely within your rights to assist or not assist and to do so on your own terms, but you may find as you go along in this business that not all rewards are monetary. Sometimes the goodwill that you develop in assisting others within the profession will pay greater dividends in the future than immediate cash compensation. I hope this helps.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Mon 02 Nov 2009 07:14 
in memoriam

Joe Stiles wrote:
I found your remark. "I know this is Tennessee, but come on", a bit condescending. Many of the bonding companies in this area have been around for years and rely on their reputations to do business.

Joe, I think it was a remark aimed at a particular group neither including or excluding our profession... I talk, as most of us do, about "Kentucky dumbs"... "Tennessee Hillbillies"... "Virginia Rednecks"... "New York Yankees"... ect.... not too many politically correct folks in our business I think. I understand where your coming from but ................. here we go again....... "Joe, you are wrapped entirely too tight".... but I still pay attention to your posts cause in the end, I figure you do know of what you speak.... Now you may jump back if you so wish... and do have a good day.... :wink:

Oh, wait a minute, I think I see the problem............. you wrote that at 3:11am.... (must be on a stake out!) :shock:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion