Hello there everyone! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Hello there everyone!
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 15:04 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I was wondering if an of you Bounty Hunters have any interesting stories from your times of adventure. Particularly, I'm wondering if any of you have ever went after a fugitive, solo, 100% on your own, and came back successful. I'm also wondering, have any of you ever went in on a fugitive recovery mission, completely got your butt whipped, and left with your tail between your legs? It's okay we've no reason to be shy with these kinds of stories! Be honest! :mrgreen: !

Post subject: Re: Hello there everyone!
 Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 16:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Who are you and why do you want to know? While not advisable, every successful Bail Enforcement Agent has had the occasion to make an apprehension solitarily, because no back up was available or law enforcement refused to assist. When you get a hot tip from a known confidential informant, you have to act on it. If you don't. they may never assist you again. If you are the bondsman and the fugitive represents your money, absolutely. I have been involved in physical altercations with defendants, have received a hell of a workout, questioned why I am still doing a young man's job, but NEVER left without my fugitive in custody after having my hands on him or her. I have, however, had some out run me and get away that day, but I didn't get my hands on them and eventually captured them at a later date.

There you go, now tell me why you want to know.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 16:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3671
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Scott,

Why entertain this clown?

Ca. Bail Agent Lic#1845795
Owner/Operator, Thomas Duprey Bail Bonds
Owner/Operator, Orange County Bounty
(714) 727-4689

Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 17:50 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Thank you Scott, as I greatly appreciate your answer. For you, Tom, I am not a clown. This was an honest question, as I do in fact plan on becoming a Bounty Hunter (Fugitive Recovery Agent). I was wondering if it was possible to start off individually on my own, as in recovering fugitives on my own for a while. Although I know it is not recommended, and alot more dangerous, I was wondering how many of you were successful on individual captures. That was the general importance of the question, so once again, I greatly appreciate your honest answer, and you responded as I expected. Truely a great man. Now, anyone else care to share your stories? I would greatly appreciate it!

Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 18:51 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Feel free to complete your profile, and post a detailed introdution as to who you are, what you have done, and what you would like to accomplish.

READ, READ, AND READ SOME MORE!! Start with the FAQ's and other info that is "stickied" to the top of the various sections. That way you will find most of your answers and get to know us at the same time. Give yourself a chance to get to know us, and us to get to know you. You will learn that we are tough, but fair.

Welcome, and good luck to you!

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 19:07 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Thank you Kathy,

The information is greatly appreciated. You all seem so very kind, I'm greatful to have signed up on this forum!

Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 19:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I once captured a fugitive at the Dairy Queen while he was eating an ice cream cone.... got ice cream all over myself and him, got the cuffs on him and took him to jail.... as for the azz whippin.... when I got home, my wife whipped my azz..... for not bringing her some ice cream. I have to tell you my friend, this business is not quite as exciting as you may have been brought to believe..... TV is for entertainment... most of my 10 years as a bondsman have been rather droll.... except when I get to watch someone like Steve F. in action.... :mrgreen: and if you can run fast enough... you will never have to worry about an azz whippin... what I do is try to really piss them off... then get them to chase me and then run into a police station. :shock: ............ or as Steve did one time... get the SIQ to start running inside a courthouse and all the deputies inside the building will do your job for you............ right Steve? 8) :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 28 Sep 2009 21:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1945
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I heard of this guy who single-handedly apprehended over 700 armed men at one time, BY HIMSELF !!! His name was Alvin York. He single-handedly had over 700 armed German soldiers surrender to him. Got him the Congressional Metal of Honor. Now Don't you wish you could have him for a partner!!!!!!!!!!

Man, now I feel like Bill !!!! lol.

I'll shut up for now.

Wait a minute. I did go by myself one night last year when both my backup guys were sick. I fought a guy in his house and ended up in a kiddy pool on the back deck before I had him in custody ( thanks to a Tazer ). All this over a 750.00 bond. I have never worked harder for 75.00 in my life.

A skip is more likely to put up a fight if you go alone. They will size you up and take their chances. So do yourself and the skip a favor and take a backup or two with you. They are a lot less likely to put up a fight when they are outnumbered. This makes it safer for yourself and the skip.

Ya'll have a good night !!!!!

(678) 759-0530
Bail Enforcement / Recovery
Specialized Repossessions
"NSF" Bad Check Recovery
Extraditions

Post Posted: Tue 29 Sep 2009 02:02 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Again, thank you all for your great stories. Bill, I think becoming a F.R.A. might become alot more adrenaline enduced if your trying to apprehend all of the fugitives on your own, rather then them succumbing to three guys out of shear fear of being outnumbered 8) .
More stories, anyone? I'd be happy to hear them all! :D .

Post Posted: Tue 29 Sep 2009 10:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
I don't have any stories as i just sit at the office and count my money :shock: :shock: :shock:

Welcome to the forum

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion