Actions Of Bondsman Called Into Question • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Actions Of Bondsman Called Into Question
 Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 14:32 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
sam221 wrote:
The S.I.Q. will ALWAYS dictate how he/she will go back into custody.

No offense to anyone, but of everything I've read on this thread so far, the line above is the most sensible comment made yet. Bottom line, the best plan you can have is one you can change in a split second, if you have that long. You can always be ready for what a perp may do, but you can never be certain.

As to whether the gentlemen in FL did things right or wrong, I dunno. I wasn't there. And apart from what I just read, I don't know the perp or the circumstances and conditions under which the arrest was made. I may have done things differently, but then again... The main thing is, everyone (including the perp) left in an upright position, and under their own power.

And screw the bad press. It's become apparent to me, that's just part of doing business. I speak from experience when I say they're gonna print and report whatever the hell sells the most papers and commercial airtime. Just remember...

"The truth is irrelevant. Controversy, on the other hand, sells."

P.S. The convicted felon never should have been there. Period.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 18:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Quote:
And screw the bad press. It's become apparent to me, that's just part of doing business. I speak from experience when I say they're gonna print and report whatever the hell sells the most papers and commercial airtime. Just remember...

"The truth is irrelevant. Controversy, on the other hand, sells."

YEP . . . no matter who you are :|

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 22:30 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
"Sparring with you verbally is fine but in the real world, words will not get you an A on your report card when the person you are dealing with is a drugged out felon with a .40 auto aimed at your chest... talking will not solve your immediate problem and the partner you have hired to help you in that situation better not be your drugged out felons buddy. (even if he is a really nice guy)".

What I wrote went over your head no point in discussing this any further your quote on top makes it obvious. However you had some valid points not referring to this quote: The law is the law if the state one is licensed in does not allow one to hire a felon then one has to take responsibility for one's actions regardless, ignorance is no excuse in a scenario as such.

LOL
:)

Post Posted: Wed 23 Sep 2009 22:51 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Junior Poster you have some validity in your post
I concur
The job I'm in right now puts me in a position where I face descent people going thru hard times and where I also face the career criminals or just plain evil. Every time I make an apprehension I take a risk but in the end when I take a criminal off the streets it makes it all worth it even if I don't get all the glory and my methods may be ??? one less ******* in society to inflict pain and destruction on another soul. Poor judgment and pure evil are two separate issues.

LOL

Post Posted: Thu 24 Sep 2009 08:03 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Quote:
What I wrote went over your head no point in discussing this any further your quote on top makes it obvious. However you had some valid points not referring to this quote: The law is the law if the state one is licensed in does not allow one to hire a felon then one has to take responsibility for one's actions regardless, ignorance is no excuse in a scenario as such.

You are correct; I apologize, I am a bondsman and not used to dealing with such intelligent folks.
Over my head for sure.... after all I am only 5'2".

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 24 Sep 2009 11:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
What I find interesting is that nobody, not the politicians, the Law Enforcement quoted or the State Officers chose to hold the defendant responsible for his actions. The defendant pulled the weapon in a public place, not the bondsman. The public place is usually where a defendant will act up the least. Were he outside of the building, no fewer people would have been endangered by the actions of the defendant, not the bondsman. What would the people say if the defendant took off in a vehicle etc.

Now, just a note on communication...The person doing the communicating is responsible to communicate on the level of their intended recipient. Were the communicator to speak above or beyond the grasp of the intended recipient, they are the ignorant ones, not the individual that failed to understand what was communicated. Being learned or merely well read, and failing at making a point using the prose of another, causes pause and not much else. Never underestimate the body of work or level of intelligence of another, sometimes, you are just being played.

Put that in the "For what it is worth" file :)

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 24 Sep 2009 18:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
Being learned or merely well read, and failing at making a point using the prose of another, causes pause and not much else. Never underestimate the body of work or level of intelligence of another, sometimes, you are just being played.

DAYUM Lil Bro :shock: I will try hard to keep it down (tone it down Darlin') and I promise to be good and not "play" :lol:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Fri 25 Sep 2009 17:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Quote:
What I wrote went over your head no point in discussing this any further

There isn't anyone on this site that you are going to "talk over their head" . . . Infact you may want to "Really Read" the above post made by mdbtyhtr.
I am going to suggest (as I do to all the newcomers here) that you take the time to really read this Forum and get to know the people that you are talking to . . . I also would like for you to take the time to pop over to the Intro Section and make an Introduction of yourself . . . otherwise we only get a "read" of you here in this topic . . . Sometimes . . . what you see is not always the way that it is Enjoy your read fella.

Last edited by KARMA on Sat 26 Sep 2009 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
I had pegged the wrong fella . . . sorry brett :-(

Post Posted: Tue 29 Sep 2009 15:00 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

ML-MP wrote:
"Sparring with you verbally is fine but in the real world, words will not get you an A on your report card when the person you are dealing with is a drugged out felon with a .40 auto aimed at your chest... talking will not solve your immediate problem and the partner you have hired to help you in that situation better not be your drugged out felons buddy. (even if he is a really nice guy)".

LOL

If one believes one to be smarter than all of the other ones that discuss issues in an open forum, perhaps one should choose to discuss other issues, in another forum. I don't believe one's statement's went over anyone's head, but perhaps one's statements were too philosophically and illegibly stated so as to skew one's perception of what the hell one was actually talking about... simply to make one sound more intelligent then another... one. One simple piece of advice... if one is attempting for some strange reason to come across as more intelligent than someone else, the least you could do is use some kind of spell-check... after all, it only takes ONE second. That's just one's opinion.

Post Posted: Tue 29 Sep 2009 20:40 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
This is an open forum, where any and everyone can register and post their views and opinions. Those of us who are active on here do take the time to read and respond from our personal experiences and opinions. Just because your's doesn't agree with us doesn't make you wrong, but you had damn well be able to support your opinion with facts. Nobody is perfect, and none of us consider any other as such. We debate, we post personal experiences, and we either agree or agree to disagree based on each of our experiences. It's called personal respect, and a professional family. If you are questioned, it is because we expect others to provide us with information that we demand from each other. If you don't feel comfortable providing it in public, then provide it to a moderator (in green) or a verified member (in blue). We trust each other, so if one feels comfortable with a person, the others are willing to give them a chance.

Just so you know, registering on here, or even proving that you are qualified in your state does not immediately mean that you will be contacted or used by us. Take the time to get to know us, and let us get to know you, then ask for work. That way you won't get frustrated, and we won't respond in kind.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage