Industry Website Hackers • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Industry Website Hackers
 Post Posted: Fri 04 Sep 2009 12:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Experience: More than 10 years
ROFLMAO

Attachments:
smileyrofl.gif
smileyrofl.gif [ 50.5 KiB | Viewed 4340 times ]

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Fri 04 Sep 2009 13:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I understand it. I have built numerous sites and host several. Security is top priority when you are in charge of other peoples sites. You can teach yourself alot of things just by doin it yourself.

-X-
St. Louis, MO
FRN#2
Member of The C.B.C

Post Posted: Fri 04 Sep 2009 13:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Quote:
Just because we're online doesn't mean that HUMINT rules don't apply. In fact, you should be more suspicious. Human engineering is an important tool in the work belt of any black hat.

I have a black hat . . . it has N R A blazed across the front.
Should I be more suspicious? I most often am of those that "talk funny" but then again I have been accused of that very thing . . . "talking funny" :|
Usually when I am . . I am accused of being a Witch :shock: and too suspicious :roll:
However BadBonds is not "My Community" it belongs to anther female here in AR.

OH . . . and do you know Bill Williams?

and BTW . . . I went and googled HUMINT . . . If that is / was your intention (or anyone elses for that matter) of coming here . . . read away. Enjoy your read Sir.

Post Script . . . In GOD I trust ~ In all others ~ I AM suspicious.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 04 Sep 2009 14:26 

Sorry if I sounded like have word-salad syndrome... I knew there would be casualties but I couldn't help myself.

Think of it like you had casually mentioned to a gear head friend how cool a new mustang was that you saw and they then spent the next 5 minutes making your eyes glaze over with every detail about why the 1970 Mustang Boss 302 is sooooo much cooler. :?

I mentioned HUMINT because 'social engineering' is a huge part of what many 'serious' hackers do. FRAs as well I would assume. If you want to read something interesting check out the Wiki article on Kevin Mitnick. He didn't just break into the Pentagon, FBI, and IBM's system by being good with technology but he was also excellent at manipulation and subterfuge. He'd dumpster dive looking for passwords, dress up as a handyman and infiltrate a facility, whatever he needed to do to get the information he wanted so that he could exploit it later. Sometimes it's much more efficient for someone with malicious intent to just call someone at their work, misrepresent themselves as 'Bob down the hall in IT', say some word-salad jumble of technical things, and straight out ask someone for their password.

Plenty of cyber-bullying and identity theft happens in a similar fashion now. One person could create multiple facebook /myspace / gmail etc accounts, misrepresenting themselves as old friends of their target, all for the purpose of getting to know that person better to later exploit.

I'd also assume that tactics like this could be helpful in skip tracing if the person you are trying to track is computer literate and uses the internet.

Have a good weekend,

Brett

Edit: I don't know who Bill Williams is.

Post Posted: Sat 05 Sep 2009 09:42 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
recoveryguy wrote:
I understand it. I have built numerous sites and host several. Security is top priority when you are in charge of other peoples sites. You can teach yourself alot of things just by doin it yourself.

Now that is an understatement.... I have blown up, burned up, crashed, fizzled, cracked, melted, trashed and generally ruined probably several dozen perfectly good computers over the past 15 years... I started out before Windows introduced its first version, when DOS was the thing and when computers cost $6000 and had 250k RAM... and no hard drive... but now that I am an expert, I only burn one up about every 6 months... my children stand outside my office window to catch them when I throw them out.... or they call me about once a month to find out if I have bought a new one so they can have the old one........................ for real.......... :shock:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion