VA Recovery Laws • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: VA Recovery Laws
 Post Posted: Tue 30 Jun 2009 18:50 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Hello Everyone,

I have a skip in VA that we need to go and pickup. I checked around and it seems that there are no particular rules regarding hunting in VA.

Does anyone know of any new laws or rules in effect in VA that would bar NJ bondsmen from picking up a skip in VA?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: VA Recovery Laws
 Post Posted: Tue 30 Jun 2009 21:45 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Contact Speezak. He can answer your VA questions.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Wed 01 Jul 2009 05:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Experience: More than 10 years
Green light Bob, ... Go get em & good luck. But remember one of the golden rules, NETWORK!!, let someone verify your skip is there and perhaps assist in the apprehension as this will SAVE you time, money & frustration.

Ph. (201) 538 - 2947
Fax (201) 342 - 5405

Post Posted: Wed 01 Jul 2009 15:45 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
If you are not licensed in Virginia as either a BEA or BB... to the best of my knowledge, you need to have someone with you that is either a BB or a BEA and is licensed in VA; that has been told to me by several magistrates in my AO.... but it absolutely depends on the area you are working in....

I do know that LICENSED bondsmen and/or BEA from OTHER states have come into Va, done pickups and left with no apparent problems but on the occasion you run into a situation... I would recommend having a Va. licensed agent with you.

I know this is a very broad answer but I know that the larger city jurisdictions go by the written rule and the small town country jurisdictions do whatever they feel like, and that is a fact I have witnessed for over 10 years.

I rode with an Ohio Bondsman/BEA on a Hampton Virginia pickup that went south real fast and I believe the major factor in us getting this guy out of the state was my being onboard... facing the police and the magistrate.... inside a courthouse (really weird deal) that got us out without too much effort. Me being licensed I think was the key.... it damn sure wasn't my looks... 8)

I have been unable to find any specific rules or laws relating to LICENSED out of state BEA operations in VA.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 01 Jul 2009 21:51 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
I don't know exactly what the rules are currently because they aren't very clear for out of state recovery agents but i do know that recently i have picked up two skips out of Winchester with no problems. I did call ahead and let them know where i was going to be and who i was like i always do but i did have City PD come out to the most recent pick up because the homeowner had called them on us. It was a crappy situation where the accused's identity was stolen and another person was bonded out under her name and then ran. We still had to take the person back to WV to process the mix up through the magistrate and the police backed us up on that fact with the homeowner.

My best suggestion would be to call the department who has jurisdiction in whatever area your going to be in and ask them what the rules are, I'm about 99.999% positive that you will have no problems though.

After Hours Bail Bonds
Hagerstown & Frederick, MD
Phone - (240) 347-BAIL
Phone - (240) 285-9005
Fax - (877) 867-3730

Stephen Thompson Jr.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion