CO certified, NOT! • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: CO certified, NOT!
 Post Posted: Sun 21 Jun 2009 15:58 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 92
Experience: More than 10 years
I can only echo what both Scott and Andy have said, but will offer two cases in point. The first happened a little while ago. I went after a female a couple of counties away from my home base. Good address, no history of running, simple milk run, right? Long story, short- I find her, she jumps out a window and gets away. Now, I'm burned, my vehicle is burned and if I do get her again and have to hurt her to bring her in, there may be some claim of revenge on their part. I end up hiring Curtis Burkett of Burkett and Associates. Curtis is from that area, knows it well and very competent. Curtis sets up on the house and pops the girl on the first day, but he set there most of the day. I paid him less than a days pay for me, so I came out ahead.
Second case- Less than ten days to go to payment of final forfeiture. Second request for extension, denied. I get some information on a skip that is point on and reliable. Problem? The address is almost 500 miles away in another state. So I did what I do in many instances where I don't know someone in an area; I call my brother Scott M. Scott connects me with Hank Findlay, one of his guys in that area, and in less than twenty-four hours, my skip is back here in handcuffs and again it cost me less than what I wquld have spent in time and expense. Can I pick up my own skips, absolutely. Do I prefer it? Again, yes, but I'm not just a bail agent or a bail enforcement agent, I'm a businessman and I have to look at it from a business decision. When you start letting it get personal, you will inevitably make mistakes.

Knoxville, TN
800-689-5031

Post Posted: Sun 21 Jun 2009 16:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Hank did a job for me too. A damn Fine one . . .

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 21 Jun 2009 23:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I do most of my own research and try to get the defendant in for a Consent or to rebond if at all possible. Like my lil bro Scott M., I started as BEA, so I have the knowledge from that which I was able to transfer to writing bonds. If my efforts fail, then I call in the muscle to help me knock on doors if local, or farm the work out if not. Like many bondsmen, I don't have a lot to pay a BEA. Unlike many, I know that is my problem, so won't hire somebody and then try to screw them over. That is one of the reasons I write tight, and do most of my own work. The few skips that I have are usually pretty well collateralized and I either take the collateral for the bond or to pay for mine and others efforts.

I know some bondsmen that have no clue how to research and find a person, nor do they know what to look for or do to tech off of a bond or get remission when the opportunity arises. I know these things, and some I get well paid for, some I "throw in" because I get well paid for the others. Other bondsmen expect their work to be done for free or at barely enough to cover expenses when I have been able to make or cause apprehensions or exonerations based on my knowledge or contacts that they had previously paid for with no success. That was their excuse, was that they had already paid expenses and salaries for no results, so they couldn't afford to pay me for getting the result.

Being on both ends of the bonding and enforcement business, I can see both sides. I do favors for some, and call in favors when I need them. I save others money at times, and have to pay less at times. It's all in building trust and good relationships as well as knowing to always treat everyone fairly and insist that we are treated the same. Work with others as you expect them to work with you, and if they refuse, find somebody else to work with. Selling yourself short is the same as allowing yourself to be cheated. It is very hard to recover from that reputation, just as it is almost impossible to recover from a reputation of cheating others.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Mon 22 Jun 2009 07:11 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
What she said!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sun 28 Jun 2009 18:37 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2567
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Thanks Joe we appreciate your business .

Jacksboro, Tn 37757
(865)223-2049
Tn P.I Lic # 6495 / 1609
T.C.A.40-11-301 Compliance Card
Member NAIS,NLLI,TPIA,USAPI,TACDL

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion