Scary Stuff • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Scary Stuff
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Jun 2009 19:58 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alberta/ ... 6-sun.html

So just taken at face value, this story is a little frightening. I've been under the impression that Taylor vs. Taintor as well as state bounty hunter laws provide protection against these kinds of charges. I assume this isn't the whole story, but 'forcible confinement' seems like something you could be charged with anytime you successfully do your job.

Note that my concern isn't necessarily whether or not he's found guilty at this moment, but why the hell he's being charged in the first place.

So far, it just makes zero sense.

Any vets around here that can shed some light on this seemingly dark issue?

Post subject: Re: Scary Stuff
 Post Posted: Wed 10 Jun 2009 21:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Experience: More than 10 years
Look Matt Parker is/was a good friend of alot of people on the forum. But there was a Dark side of him that we all didn't know about. As for Taylor vs. Taintor, This cannot help him, he is not protected by this. He did some crimes that were in the past and not to long ago. Again, he had a Dark side to him. Taylor vs. Taintor, only protects you if your working on the job, not when your commiting crimes on your free time.

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Wed 10 Jun 2009 21:26 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

AWOBB wrote:
Look Matt Parker is/was a good friend of alot of people on the forum. But there was a Dark side of him that we all didn't know about. As for Taylor vs. Taintor, This cannot help him, he is not protected by this. He did some crimes that were in the past and not to long ago. Again, he had a Dark side to him. Taylor vs. Taintor, only protects you if your working on the job, not when your commiting crimes on your free time.

I totally respect what you're saying, but what about the claim that some of these things were done on the job, such as forcible confinement? I'm not concerned about his sex offender stuff, that's obviously a totally separate issue that occurred when he was a teenager or something. The forcible confinement is supposedly a felony, and sounds related to his work as a bounty hunter. (In one article I read, Julio Fernandez was claiming that Matt wasn't actually even a Bounty Hunter... what the hell is with that?)

Post Posted: Wed 10 Jun 2009 21:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Eponym wrote:
AWOBB wrote:

I totally respect what you're saying, but what about the claim that some of these things were done on the job, such as forcible confinement? I'm not concerned about his sex offender stuff, that's obviously a totally separate issue that occurred when he was a teenager or something. The forcible confinement is supposedly a felony, and sounds related to his work as a bounty hunter. (In one article I read, Julio Fernandez was claiming that Matt wasn't actually even a Bounty Hunter... what the hell is with that?)

Well, from what I have read and was told about it, I would say the charges are about right, but on the other hand we really don't know what happen for sure. No One was there but only Matt from what I understand. I havn't seen a police report on this case. Who really knows what happen that night. Only Matt, the victim and the police or what they were told. I mean there had to be witnesses to this case and that's why the police went through with the charges. Matt did work alone alot....

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Wed 10 Jun 2009 23:05 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Eponym wrote:
AWOBB wrote:

We all know that the media is only open to sensationalizing things, so pretty much anything that is reported is open to speculation and investigation. Read the part that says that he was working as a security guard when these charges were filed. They had nothing to do with his work as bail enforcement!

Our work is constantly challenged, and anybody that has ever claimed to do so is also automatically associated and catorigized with everyone else. Do your own research and decide who you want to work with. That is our response in a nutshell.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 00:35 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

So... am I to understand the moral of the story is don't work alone?

Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 07:08 

I dont know why everyone is sugar coating this or tip toeing around the issue.

First, there is nothing in this story to tell you why he was charged with the crime in the first place. So why are you trying to make a case that he is innocent under TVT? The way I see this, he should have never been a BEA to begin with. At least in MO, you cannot be a felon or have a conviction of a crime of moral turpitude. The whole sex crime thing should have disqualified him right there. Not registering as a sex offender just adds to the problem. Strike two. The check, in this county anyway, all counties are different, is a felony, strike three.

I see something in there about impersonating an officer. I take it to mean its related to the forcible confinement charge. Although is certain situations this can be scary for us, as it could be taken by a prosecutor to mean a wide variety of things we do, this guy already has so many things against him, Im sure has been taken into account.

So lets see. Here is a shady character to begin with with strikes already against him that should disqualify him from being a BEA in the first place. He gets a charge of forcible confinement and battery against him while impersonating an officer. At the time this happens, he has not registered as a sex offender and is in trouble for that. For whatever reason, he takes off for Canada. He gets arrested and it is serious enough that he is extradited back. There is not enough in this story to make a determination about the original charge, but it must have been pretty serious for the state to spend the cash it takes to get someone back out of Canada.

Again, I dont know why everyone is sugar coating this. Even if he did make friends on the forum, obviously it was under false pretense. I know if I trusted someone on here and found out all this later, I would cut that relationship off pronto.

Oh, and for working alone, thats BEA 101. Although we all have to do it from time to time under certain situations, the golden rule is, never work alone.

And no, I didnt get that as the moral of the story in any way, shape or form.

Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 07:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
At the time Matt got his Recovery License there was only a statewide criminal background in place as he was clean in this state. His felony charge did not show up as it was never inputted from the state he got in from. The law here has changed they do a nationwide back ground . As for registering as a sex offender they leave it up to the offender to register this is the way it is in most states

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 09:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
The moral of the story is simple, don't break the law!

I cannot comprehend reading anymore into it than that.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 10:01 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
DMARTZ wrote:
As for registering as a sex offender they leave it up to the offender to register this is the way it is in most states

I can tell you that in MO, registration as a sex offender is not voluntary. In fact, I'm not aware of any state where registration is voluntary. Here, depending upon the conviction, registration is either mandatory or not required at all. In either case, a conviction for any sex crime raises the issue of moral turpitude, and would (should) certainly disqualify an applicant for licensure in MO. And I would hope any other state, as well.

Additionally, in the states I'm familiar with, refusing or failing to register as a sex offender when required to do so constitutes a separate violation of law all together and results (or should result) in additional charges. Again, I would hope this would be grounds for disqualification in other states.

As for the other allegations made against Parker, I feel I should state that I'm not acquainted with Parker, not through this forum or by any other means, nor am I completely familiar with the cases that have been brought against him. As such, I don't want to be construed as passing judgement.

However, I have to agree with Andy. There's so much questionable behaviour here, I find it difficult to understand how anyone in Parker's position would have ever gotten a license in the first place. Whatever comes of it, his actions were deemed serious enough to warrant deportation and extradition from another country. That doesn't happen in misdemeanor cases.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion