Man dangles baby after escaping fugitive recovery agents • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Man dangles baby after escaping fugitive recovery agents
 Post Posted: Mon 08 Jun 2009 22:21 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Newschannel5.com

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Two fugitive recovery agents with E & W Bail Bonding were transporting 24-year-old Jonah Floyd, Floyd's girlfriend and their baby in a van to booking Sunday evening when Floyd escaped.

Floyd allegedly jumped out of the van on his way to booking, snatched his 10-month-old daughter, Kimora, and hung the baby over the overpass on 3rd Avenue North.

The two fugitive recovery agents rushed out of the van to calm Floyd down and recover the baby.

"I knew that I had a couple of seconds and one chance to grab his child, so I grabbed his child and held his child throughout the entire incident after that," said bounty hunter Tony.

With the bail bondsmen busy with the baby, Floyd jumped back into the van and took off with his girlfriend still inside the vehicle.

"I think he was dead serious about that I mean anybody that would one jump out of a moving vehicle with a child and two take a child straight over to the bridge. I think he was pretty serious about this is a last ditch effort," said Tony.

While, escaping Floyd hit one of the bail bondsman with van. The bondsman hurt his leg, and was taken to Vanderbilt Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

Metro police later found the girlfriend not far from where the bail bondsmen and the toddler were left. When asked about the whereabouts of Floyd, the girlfriend said that Floyd took off and left the van at 7th and Garfield.

Kendra said the only thing Floyd was guilty of was trying to get away, and that he would never put his baby's life in danger. She said the bounty hunters made up the story in order to cover their own tracks.

"She means the world to me. She's my only child therefore I'm going to do anything to protect her, and if he held her over a bridge I would say that he did because of course I would want something done about that," said Floyd's girlfriend and Kimora's mother, Kendra.

She said they did not handcuff Floyd, and broke rules by allowing his family to ride along.

"I'm grateful I can't ask for anything else she was my number one concern during the incident and she's all I live for," said Kendra.

Metro Police said they did not find the vehicle at 7th and Garfield, but the van was later found on Interstate 65 north near Rosa Parks. An unidentified male was driving the vehicle, and Floyd was no where to be found.

Floyd faces charges of aggravated assault and car jacking, if you know of his whereabouts call police.

Post subject: Re: Man dangles baby after escaping fugitive recovery agents
 Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 01:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 757
Experience: More than 10 years
Wow, what a story! :shock: :shock:

NSIN# SF0105
LIC. #704058

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 13:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1988
I agree that is a hell of a story. :shock:

Tel: 1-800-387-0787

Anti-Moral Majority Club President
"Fear not the unknown, Fear the person who controls the unknown" Gene 7:14

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 13:58 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Was a shock to me when I heard it. Now the mother of the child is saying that the story of the father holding the baby over the bridge is false and that the agents made it up. Man what a situation. What is everyone's input? There are two innocent bystandards involved so what should have happened??

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 14:24 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
What kind of a POS coward would intentionally endanger the life of a child for any reason? And then the mother has the stones to defend the SOB? Even after nearly twenty years of chasing s*&theads like these, I still get pizzed off when people hold children in such disregard. Those idiots aren't worth the skin they live in.

The FRA's in this story are true heroes for putting the safety of the child ahead of their own. The "parents" need to be relieved of custody, sterlized and locked up for the rest of their natural lives.

'Nuff said.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 14:44 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Oh, and the guy is still at large! Up for grabs whom ever wants him. Should dangle his but over the interstate with a crane or shot between the eyes. Oops, I was aiming center mass ;)
Anyhows, he is a piece of dirt and alot of people here in Nashville are mad about what he did, so I am sure he will be given up one way or another.

His picture is on newschannel5.com if anyone is interested.

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 14:53 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

AND NOW THE RESET OF THE STORY

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Metro police arrested a man early Tuesday morning they said ran over a bond recovery agent during a bizarre getaway with a baby. Jonah Floyd, 24, was arrested on charges of aggravated assault and carjacking. He is being held on $125,000 bond.

Police said agents were taking Floyd to jail on Sunday night for violating bond. His girlfriend and their 9-month-old daughter were apparently along for the ride to jail. Bounty hunters were driving the trio in a van when Floyd appeared to have a seizure. The agents stopped the vehicle along 3rd Avenue and Coffee Street, north of the Germantown area of Nashville.

At that point, officers said, Floyd grabbed the child and dangled her over the overpass above Interstate 65.

"He chose his own freedom over his child's life," said Tony, a bounty hunter. "He jumped completely out of the car. I jumped out behind him. That's when he walks out to the bridge and he's telling us, 'just leave me alone,' and he's holding the baby in front of him."

The bondsman said he grabbed the child, but Floyd continued to struggle with him and his partner, 25-year-old Mike Boykins. Floyd then jumped into the driver's seat of the van and ran over Boykins' leg.

"I knew that I had one chance to grab his child," said Floyd.

Boykins broke his leg and was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center.

Officers later found the van along I-65 north, but there was no sign of Floyd.

Police were able to track down the girlfriend and talk to her, but Floyd is still on the loose.

The suspect's girlfriend has a completely different account of what happened.

"He had my daughter in his arms," said the child's mother Kendra Allen.

She said the van was going to reroute to the hospital after it slowed down. When it slowed, Floyd got out of the van.

"That's when (the agents) ran up on him to tackle him while he had her. They all almost went over the embankment. He did not dangle her," said Allen.

Allen and Floyd have a history of domestic problems. She filed a warrant on him about two weeks ago. She told police they had a fight over money, and he yelled, "I'm going to kill you when we get home," and then he allegedly hit her.

Floyd was charged with domestic assault and drug charges after that incident. After this occurred, that is when the bonding company started looking for him.

Floyd's history includes a felony escape charge, as well as a number of charges for probation violations and not showing up for court.

Anyone who sees him is asked to call the Metro police at 74-CRIME.
Copyright 2009 by WSMV.com. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Got a story idea? E-mail newstips to news@wsmv.com or call the newsroom 24/7 at 615-353-2231.

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 16:36 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
The baby's Mother has a reason to be less than truthful, she wants to maintain custody and the guy who pays the bills. I can understand why the BEA's acted like they did, but never will again.

It reminds me of when I was a child and the Marine across the street had a pet Boa Constrictor. He would raise his own mice and allow us kids to watch when he fed the snake. The snake always let the mice run around the aquarium until they got tired and then he would strike. That is until one curious mouse bit him on the end of the nose. After that incident, the mice never hit the bottom of the cage when the Marine dropped one in!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 17:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Why were the girlfriend and child in the vehicle? That is a major liability issue in itself.

Was it an arranged apprehension and the SIQ got cold feet? Could that explain why he wasn't cuffed?

Way too many loose ends on this one :shock: .

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Mon 06 Jul 2009 21:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1973
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Wow.
Even if it was arranged apprehension they should not have been there and at least front cuffed.

Dave
Private Investigator
Licensed by the NYS DOS Division of Licensing

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage