Dog the Racist, again • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Dog the Racist, again
 Post Posted: Wed 06 May 2009 11:24 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Those utubes are quite funny...

...as to the racist thing... I also grew up in the south... I never really thought about black/white differences mainly because I was not involved with anyone that didn't look just like me !! Segregation made sure that the races did not mix... so at the time, it wasn't an issue... I laughed at "Amos and Andy" but not because of the color but the humor... I didn't realize it actually did relate to color... but the big time realization of what a black man was came in 1961 when I showed up at Parris Island, SC for my little stint in the Marines... boy was that an eye opener and here in lies my point.

I had no particular feeling for blacks (Negroes at the time) when I stepped off the bus... neither positive or negative... of course I had heard all the racist jokes and laughed with all the other white guys... but it changed drastically in those short 13 weeks... I learned that those guys were just as real, just as emotional, just as tired and bled just as red blood as me... they could shoot, fight and had just as many questions about me as I did about them.... in other words... there really wasn't much difference and at the end of boot camp and after I went to my duty station... my friends and fellow Marines were not black or white or yellow... they were all GREEN and equal in every way to me and anyone else... that is how I am today and how I have been for the last 65 years... the bottom line is we are all the same in the end....

I have been to my black friends homes for a meal many times and sat and listened to stories from families that I suddenly came to realize were no different than mine... all the same ideas, needs, wants and desires as me... but the oppression they had suffered was brought home to me and I came to realize how it is to be on the receiving end of racism (although I certainly can never be fully aware simply because I am white) I did gain a drastic, realistic feeling for the problems... and in like, I have on many occasions had my friends to my home for dinner and a visit and the questions flew... we are all learning and teaching...

So, DSI, I partially agree that anyone has the choice who they deal with but respect is above the choice thing and after going through the "awakening" that I did back in '61... my thought is that we all have to maintain a certain level of respect and even if we make the choice not to align ourselves with someone for whatever reason, we still should maintain that level of respect... If what is being said is true... then he crossed the line mainly because he is (unfortunately) a personality that is in the public eye and should be at an even higher level than we are... because what he says influences in some manner, the public that views his shows... that is an even greater reason to get him "off the air"... in addition to the harm he has on our profession as a whole.

However, this also brings to mind the "censorship" thing and that is yet another point involved here...

I will also agree with DSI that racism will probably always exist and remain a part of society even if it is suppressed to a degree... prejudice is unfortunately a part of each of us... recognizing it and working through it will always be an ongoing personal issue that each of us must deal with.

BTW... I still can't stand RAP music... regardless of who sings (or screams) it................. that is a prejudice I can't seem to overcome....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 07 May 2009 12:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Again as everyone else has stated, IF he did say those things, then he has a big problem if it comes out.

Remember after the first tirade, he went on a nationwide tour to improve his image and to APOLOGIZE. He was on Hannity and Combs, Letterman? and other shows. He also stated that he wanted to be buried in a slave cemetary.

Heck he even is buddies with Snoopy Dog and tried to get Al Sharpton to absolve him with the great ones' forgiveness.

He also stated very loudly that he would never ever use that word again because he didn't know that because he was a white man, he couldn't use it.

So I hope that this didn't happen but, if it did it, just goes to show ( as if we didn't already know it ) doggie poo is just one big self promoting a$$h---. And all those that supported him and said he deserves a second chance, will feel like fools.

Post Posted: Thu 07 May 2009 16:23 
in memoriam

... you know what... I really don't care if he is a racist or not... or if he said "it" or not... there are many other reasons I don't watch his show... actually, I don't even have a feeling for his show one way or another... I just don't watch it cause it doesn't interest me.... I do think he gives the rank and file BEA's a very non professional circus persona that BEA's could do without... but that is only my opinion and that is only important to me.... if the general public like his show... then they can keep watching it.... I place him on the same level as professional wrestling... 'maybe' fun to watch but still entertainment and a tv show... and still a matter of personal opinion.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Thu 07 May 2009 21:23 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
'Dog' will hopefully slip up badly enough to land him and the 'loud mouth' (and rest) in jail. Its just a matter of time. Something we can all hope will come soon.

Montrose/Monument/Denver Colorado
COIBE CERT # 2009-1030
970-417-9482

Post Posted: Mon 08 Jun 2009 17:28 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

bwheelz05 wrote:
'Dog' will hopefully slip up badly enough to land him and the 'loud mouth' (and rest) in jail. Its just a matter of time. Something we can all hope will come soon.

I agree that the dude is a bit of douchebag and a loud mouth (especially calling himself the greatest bounty hunter in the world... wow), but there is one benefit to having him on TV doing his ridiculous antics and heavily themed episodes. People are stupid, they cling to crap like that and admire the little characters on their TV's fighting the little criminals and having emotional breakthroughs. They sympathize with those characters; it makes them feel all warm and toasty inside when the episode's over and they think that Dog saved some degenerate zombie from a life of smack and prostitution because he gave her a little pep talk and she nodded silently while some emotional music played in the background.

If Private Military Companies like Blackwater (Xe) or DynCorp had representation in daytime television like that, you'd have a lot less whiny assholes pretending to be experts on foreign wars and security contractors for the sake of having their shrill protests heard... or at very least, people would be less receptive to it. Just think of Chapman as the best public relations department you'll ever get for free. Yeah, it's ridiculous. Yeah, he's an jackhole and probably a bit of a racist one too. But like I said, people don't care about that crap; they're stupid. At least in this case the stupidity is working in our favor for the time being.

Post Posted: Mon 08 Jun 2009 21:04 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 1 year
Again... dog needs to be 'put down'.... :) I'm kinda tired picking up after his 'doo doo'. I get asked enough if I, "Know him" -or- "Work like him? NO and NO. O-well he might just one day screw up bad enough and NOT have the money to get out of it.

Montrose/Monument/Denver Colorado
COIBE CERT # 2009-1030
970-417-9482

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 02:20 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1945
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I'm not prejudice.......... I HATE EVERYBODY THE SAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... Not really..... I LOOOOOOOOVE all of YA'LL!!! I'm going back to bed now. whew!

(678) 759-0530
Bail Enforcement / Recovery
Specialized Repossessions
"NSF" Bad Check Recovery
Extraditions

Post Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2009 06:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Jim, I have said that before. Mine goes more like "I can't be prejudice. I like animals more than most people and I hate most people about the same." That's funny that you said that.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 06:08 
in memoriam

Anyone thinking that "Dog" and/or the TV depiction of our business does not have a detrimental effect... needs only take a look at the introduction statement on the "VIRGINIA BAIL ENFORCEMENT" application form and course study material to realize what an impact the TV crap has on us... here is a copy of that statement placed at the top of the application:

If your so inclined you may read the entire course study line at: http://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/pss/docume ... tlines.pdf
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
copied and paste:

BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENTS (44E): 40 hours

"It is vital to set the stage in this initial training session and communicate a pragmatic and realistic
approach to the overall course of study. It should be emphasized that this field of bail enforcement is not as
depicted on television and movie productions. The individual entering this field should have a firm
commitment to the ethical standards promoted as well as demonstrate a strong professional attitude
towards accuracy, fairness, and the ability to get along with people."

Post Posted: Thu 11 Jun 2009 15:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Bill,

Thanks for posting the VA BEA course outline. I will use it to help develope new training requirements in CA.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion