Just wondering? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Just wondering?
 Post Posted: Sat 30 May 2009 17:36 

What's a good Recovery go like? From the beginning of the day, until you capture the fugitive?

Just wondering on what a "bounty hunter" goes trough to capture a fugitive nowadays.

Post subject: Re: Just wondering?
 Post Posted: Sat 30 May 2009 18:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
This is only a personal opinion but I would have to say that every case is different so it is hard to specify a "good day". You could run into things like the family assisting the subject all the way down to family assisting you....you could have anything from LE cooperation to LE hindrance.....we have them running and shooting but we have them offer their hands in surrender, also. Like I said, it is a personal opinion but for me, there is nothing typical about the day or the cases. In reality, a good day is when I can stay in the office, make a phone call, and get paid for "apprehending" the fugitive......but (again, personally) I just don't get to many of those :D .

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Sat 30 May 2009 19:46 

A good recovery is one that takes the least amount of time, work and effort. I love it when I can close a case by whatever means and never leave my desk, whether it be by LE, talking the skip in or family member or whatever.

I have found over the years, in everything, including fugitive recovery, working smart beats working hard any day of the week. And, when I first started bonding, I would get a forfeiture and wouldnt rest until it was closed. And, I always wanted to be the one to nab the skip and get the cuffs on. I have learned that if Im patient and work smart, a lot of things can be worked out with very little effort. And, I could care less if I even see the skip, let alone put the cuffs on. It makes me no difference as long as the results are the same.

Im not trying to sound lazy. Im not. I just try to work smart.

Post Posted: Mon 01 Jun 2009 20:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1945
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I have had the skip call me at the direction of my clients (bonding company) and tell me they want to come back to Georgia from Baton Rouge but can't afford it. I bought him a Greyhound bus ticket for 90.00 and met him at the bus station in Atlanta. Never cuffed him, and drove him to the jail house. ( After feeding him lunch at the Varsity in Atlanta before going to jail). How's that for customer service? Anybody think I am a gungho liability? I will give you the skip's phone number for reference. He and I are friends now !!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. Then there's the one I hunted day and night for a year. He was a household name after a while at my house. I would head out the door only to have my 3 1/2 year old daughter ask me if I was going hunting for _ _ _ _ _ _ _. That's when you know you're putting way too much time into your work! Found him though. IN INDIA. Slipped right through the cracks and went to his homeland. Good place for him.

(678) 759-0530
Bail Enforcement / Recovery
Specialized Repossessions
"NSF" Bad Check Recovery
Extraditions

Post Posted: Tue 02 Jun 2009 06:13 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Jim, not to change subjects but, if you ever have the need for an informant near the Marta/Bus Station, I have a guy that is always there. You may have to talk to him down on one of the "nasty little" side streets but he knows everything about everybody in ATL. He is one of the sicko's that is being mentioned in this thread but he always leads me to something I can use. He deals drugs and pimps under age girls (which is what he FTAed on, for me to meet him). Since our first encounter in 2004, he has helped me with finding info, many times. Just contact me for more information.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Thu 04 Jun 2009 08:02 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2716
Experience: < 3 years
A good day is when you get your perp and everyone makes it home, paid and unscathed. Everything leading up to that is either drama, bulls*%t or fodder for good lies and brags around a pitcher of beer with the crew...

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

Post Posted: Thu 04 Jun 2009 12:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
a good hunt is a successful capture, everyone safe, no incidents, low impact and the check from the bondsman CLEARS!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion