Need some Help in PA • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Need some Help in PA
 Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 13:36 

Hello

First off let me say hello to everyone and I am honored to now be a member on this website. I am a recent college grad and I am new to the Fugitive Recovery industry. I have been researching and learning everyday for a while now and I was lucky enough to get some jobs with a local Bondsman here. I do have a question that I hope someone in PA can answer.

1.) How do I go about getting an arrest warrant for the fugitive? I was under the impression that all I need is a certified copy of the bail bond and that would give me the power of arrest in PA? If not, how do I go about getting a warrant?

Thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: Need some Help in PA
 Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 13:44 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Experience: More than 10 years
Greetings,

You do not get arrest warrants.

You need a certified copy of the bail piece and a notorized power of attorney authorizing you to act as the "agent in fact" to apprehend the fugitive.

I hope this helps, and please go to the Introduction section and give a formal intro and proper signature line so we may know to whom we are speaking.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me.

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 14:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
th3mvp18 wrote:
Hello

First off let me say hello to everyone and I am honored to now be a member on this website. I am a recent college grad and I am new to the Fugitive Recovery industry. I have been researching and learning everyday for a while now and I was lucky enough to get some jobs with a local Bondsman here. I do have a question that I hope someone in PA can answer.

1.) How do I go about getting an arrest warrant for the fugitive? I was under the impression that all I need is a certified copy of the bail bond and that would give me the power of arrest in PA? If not, how do I go about getting a warrant?

Thanks so much!

Sugar, How did you get a job doing "Recovery" if you have not a clue?
I am not trying to be disrespectful, but this is a very serious business :|
Tho, I am sure that you realize this. It is definitely not what you see portrayed on television at all and sometimes is down right boring :wink:

Now please do as MARSHALL has requested and pop on over to the Introduction Section. Please take the time to read about The Forum Rules and then make a proper Introduction. Thank you

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 14:43 

LuVonda wrote:
th3mvp18 wrote:
Hello

Thanks so much!

Sugar, How did you get a job doing "Recovery" if you have not a clue?
I am not trying to be disrespectful, but this is a very serious business :|
Tho, I am sure that you realize this. It is definitely not what you see portrayed on television at all and sometimes is down right boring :wink:

Now please do as MARSHALL has requested and pop on over to the Introduction Section. Please take the time to read about The Forum Rules and then make a proper Introduction. Thank you

I got the job because I have a good educational background with a BA from a highly academic university and experience with law enforcement. I am new to fugitive recovery but everyone has to start somewhere.

I do have a clue as well. However, I was wondering how (or if) you can make an arrest in PA if the bondsman was not given a bail piece.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression in my first post.

Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 15:04 

I dont know about PA and I have never seen a "bail piece". In MO, if I were to hire you, I have to go to the Clerks office at the courthouse and get a copy of the original bond form, stamped and signed "certified" by the clerk. We call it a "Certified Copy of the Bond". I think that is something like a "bail piece"?

Anyway, I would have to give you this certified copy along with a letter stating I give you permission to work as my agent to pick this puke up and throw his sorry ass in the can. :shock: :mrgreen:

Sorry, I had to throw that last part in.

Just a note. Dont ever say you have a warrant for their arrest. You dont. Your not a cop. You dont serve warrants. You are just revoking a bond.

Good Luck.

Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 17:18 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
I don't know about PA, but in TN you have to have a certified copy of the bond or capias if one is issued when they skip their day in court, amongst other things. I think it's recommendable to have both if possible, amongst other things such as proving you are licensed in TN and are an agent of the bondsmen who issued it.

Cell # (423)506-6762

Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 17:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
First off, welcome aboard!
Secondly, I would advise you to contact Marshall off list and ask him to work the case with you. When you have a subject in custody, and he gets the first clue that you may not have all of the answers, you will have a tiger by the tail. This business is nothing like law enforcement, you can't get on a radio and get help, you must be self sufficient. You have overcome the biggest hurdle already by getting a case, network with Marshall so you come back alive and get the next case! Bondsmen will give you a case that has been worked to death, that the subject is already in custody someplace else etc. just to test you, some gifts aren't.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Tue 19 May 2009 22:05 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Pennsylvania Bail Laws

1) Applicable Statutes

7)Bail Agent's Arrest Authority

- A surety or bail agency may apply to the court for a bail piece.

- If the court is satisfied that a bail piece is required, it may issue a bail piece authorizing the surety or bail agency to apprehend and detain the defendant, and to bring the defendant before the bail authority without unnecessary delay. [ Pa. R. Crim. P. Rule 536]

PA: The surety upon receiving a bail piece from the court may apprehend the defendant wherever and whenever found (Rules of Crim. Proc. Ch 4016). A bondsman has a right to pursue and arrest the principal in another state. (Key#80 of Penn Digest 2d CA Pa 1971).

BAIL PIECE. - A certificate given by a judge or the clerk of the court, or other person authorized to keep the record, in which it is certified that A B, the bail, became bail, for C D, the defendant, in a certain sum, and in a particular case. It was the practice formerly, to write these certificates upon small pieces of parchment, in the following form: (See 3 Bl. Com. Appendix.)

BAIL PIECE REQUEST CHECKLIST
(Pa.R.Crim.P. 536)
1. Application signed by bondsman or agent on behalf of bonding company.
2. Statement of violation.
3. Check that alleged violation is a violation of bail conditions:
4. Clerk of Court or notary seal and signature.
5. Proposed order / bail piece attached, including name of any agent authorized to execute bail piece.
6. Attachments:
7. Copy of bail bond with Defendant’s signature
8. Copy of any additional bail conditions with Defendant’s signature
9. Copy of Surety Information page

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Fri 22 May 2009 19:57 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2567
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Mr. Rusher

You have to have a certified bond copy. I know that some counties around are telling everyone that the capias will serve as the bond copy. But when you go out of those counties into others local LEO tend to disagree. We had this problem just a few months ago. Completely our fault as the T.C.A. Code clearly states a certified copy of the undertaking. Just don't want to see you be mislead.

Jacksboro, Tn 37757
(865)223-2049
Tn P.I Lic # 6495 / 1609
T.C.A.40-11-301 Compliance Card
Member NAIS,NLLI,TPIA,USAPI,TACDL

Post Posted: Fri 22 May 2009 22:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Mdbtyhtr wrote:
First off, welcome aboard!
Secondly, I would advise you to contact Marshall off list and ask him to work the case with you. When you have a subject in custody, and he gets the first clue that you may not have all of the answers, you will have a tiger by the tail. This business is nothing like law enforcement, you can't get on a radio and get help, you must be self sufficient. You have overcome the biggest hurdle already by getting a case, network with Marshall so you come back alive and get the next case! Bondsmen will give you a case that has been worked to death, that the subject is already in custody someplace else etc. just to test you, some gifts aren't.

Scott

I know, I should have added all the Boiler Plate :wink:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion