I have a few questions • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: I have a few questions
 Post Posted: Mon 06 Apr 2009 17:54 

Hello: I just completed my training her in Utah for BEA because it is mandatory to have before you can get certified. My first question is I work for a detention center for 4 years and Im still there. One of the qualifications is you need 2000 hours before you can get certified. Would my experience at the detention center work for hours? The second question I have is if my experience is not accepted I have to start out as an apprentice. So is there any company in Utah that hires apprentices? and my third Question is What equipment should I get for myself? Im new and I want to start out right.

Thanks,

Ben M

Post subject: Re: I have a few questions
 Post Posted: Mon 06 Apr 2009 18:30 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
All your questions can be answered by simply running a search for each item you ask.... look at the top of the page and start looking, every aspect you mention has been answered many times... your in the right place... as for Utah companies... same thing applies... take a look in the National Directory and start calling... I would advise working up a very well worded approach on paper so you know what you are asking for when you are face to face with the company you are interested in.... good luck and welcome to FRN.

One other thing... fix up a signature line so we know a bit about you.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 07 Apr 2009 08:03 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Generally speaking.....

1) Persons actively engaged, employed, or otherwise contracted to leo agencies, in whatever capacity, are normally prohibited by law, statute, ordinance, departmental policy, etc. from outside employment with bail bond companies. In some states/jurisdictions, the Chief of Police or the County Sheriff will authorize special permission to their employees for this line of work as long as it occurs outside of their respective jurisdictions and it is not connected to any pending cases to same.

2) The majority of your questions are both state and area specific. Outsiders will not know the answers. Therefore you should be talking to the people who certify you.

3) Contacting Bonding Companies: I disagree with my esteemed colleague on calling them. I don't deal with "wannabes" who solicit me by phone. There are literally dozens of articles regarding the proper protocall and ettiquette for marketing yourself. Please use the search function for those answers.

Post Posted: Tue 07 Apr 2009 20:47 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
RWB wrote:
I disagree with my esteemed colleague on calling them. I don't deal with "wannabes" who solicit me by phone.

The error was in the word... should have said "contact" rather than "calling"... the next sentence sort of clarified that...
Quote:
I would advise working up a very well worded approach on paper so you know what you are asking for when you are face to face with the company you are interested in....

as always... thanks for the correction, you are right.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Tue 07 Apr 2009 23:08 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I recently got a call where the person didn't identify himself other than saying he was a new BEA in a neighboring county and wanted to know if I had any skips he could chase. At this time I don't, but even if I did, I would require a lot more than that unidentified call. This person didn't even bother to give his name, and given his approach, I didn't bother to ask for it.

I don't have a problem with a person calling me, mailing information to me, or dropping in on me, as long as they do so with their class certificate and necessary background check in hand. That is different from getting a call from an unidentified person asking for work.

Pretty much I do my own research on my bonds and for those that I sometimes work for. I seldom hire out my bonds unless the person is out of state. In those cases, I only refer those that I know or that are referred by others that I trust. There have been times when a job was taken over by an unknown, and given the facts about their legality, I would not have hired the person.

It is up to each of us to do our research and hire a person that works within the laws of their particular state.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion