Fully auto weapons available now as result of court battle? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Fully auto weapons available now as result of court battle?
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 07:20 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2419
Experience: 3 - 5 years
This came though as an email with an NRA logo attached. Would states rights still restrict possession and would use of them by the general public still be illegal.
Any truth to this or is this just marketing spam.
What happened to all the chiicken little " the sky is falling" in regards to gun ownership under the new administration?

"NFA laws have been repealed through a long standing court battle in the 7th US Circuit Court. The president of TGSCOM had sued the federal government on the grounds that the NFA law violated the Second Amendment of the Constitution. After heated and lengthy oral arguments, TGSCOM is now able to sell fully automatic weapons to the general public without tax stamps and the additional background check. The one stipulation to the agreement is that fully automatic rifles will be treated like handguns in that they will require a purchaser of 21 and older, the firearm must be transferred in the state of their residence (same as handguns) and that the buyer must submit to all regulations in the state of their residence."

Jenifer Jewell

DCJS 99-183465
Virginia

Post subject: Re: Fully auto weapons available now as result of court battle?
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 09:09 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
1) I have not heard anything about this anywhere else...if it were true, it would be all over the news media and the internet through all of the pro-gun forums and blogs.

2) The anticipated re-institution of the prior gun ban WILL be enacted by this present administration at some point in the future, based on Obama's many, many, promises to do so during his campaign. It's just a question of "when" his administration will do it. He has not only promised to bring it back, but to make it "permanent" so that future administrations will never be able to repeal it or allow it to expire.

It is this ominous threat to our right to own semi-automatic weapons that is driving the "panic buying" and stockpiling of these kinds of weapons and their related accessories and munitions. Once the ban is in effect, prices will skyrocket over night on "pre-ban" items just as they did during Clinton's administration.

So buy them now while you can, for tomorrow may be too late.

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 10:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
It’s an April Fools joke. On every link that I could find and every discussion board that I could find it's subject, the outcome is the same (I copied a few of the many I went to, below). You can do everything, as if ordering these weapons. Upon submitting your order, an error page will be displayed. It seems to be nothing more than a clever way to create traffic to on-line gun shops. Sorry for the broken hearts and busted bubbles.

http://www.thegunsource.com/Content.asp ... to&NID=364

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread ... &t=1274013

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/sho ... ?p=3407486

http://www.sotsyndicate.com/weapon-disc ... eaper.html

http://gunnuts.net/

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 12:27 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2419
Experience: 3 - 5 years
Wow..sorry ya all...
Guess I have been officially fooled (the thought did occur to me that it might be given the date!).
I can forward the email if anyone wants to see it.

Jenifer

DCJS 99-183465
Virginia

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 13:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
It seems that many people have been getting this through e-mail. I would have believed it to be true except that so many people were attempting to purchase these weapons and found out differently. Its the same as "And I woulda got away with it, if it weren't for those darn kids." In this case, the kids were people trying to buy the products and instead of getting away with it, I woulda fell for it........SO, I guess its not really the same thing, at all.....bad example. Never mind. I'm tired.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 20:28 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Well crap.... I guess I won't get my M-60 after all.... have to settle for my M-4... damn.

Here's 3 you can count on................

M4A1... complete with a little underbelly suprise...

Swedish Valmet82... I had one of these and sold it 10 years ago for $750??? sit back down BATF... it was semi-auto only... registered and legal...

AK... Coulda' had a dozen of these for about $300 each... try getting one now for under $1200+ but they do have a rather distinct sound... especially around 3am in the woods....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 01 Apr 2009 20:39 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Bill I just purchased a Saiga 12 ga....there is a company that makes a 30rd drum for it. You should check out the you tube videos of it being fired. Pretty awesome. The Saiga is 1 of the primary candidates, right up there with all .50 cal, Ar's, and all other "Assault weapons" including the lever action 30-30's.... :roll: for the impending gun ban. I was lucky to find it at the price I did.

Post Posted: Thu 02 Apr 2009 08:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
RWB wrote:
Bill I just purchased a Saiga 12 ga....there is a company that makes a 30rd drum for it. You should check out the you tube videos of it being fired. Pretty awesome. The Saiga is 1 of the primary candidates, right up there with all .50 cal, Ar's, and all other "Assault weapons" including the lever action 30-30's.... :roll: for the impending gun ban. I was lucky to find it at the price I did.

As mentioned in another post... I will be selling several weapons that might be in those categories... a partial list is:

ATTENTION CRIMINALS... I HAVE A HIGH TECH ALARM SYSTEM, SEVERAL BIG DOGS, MY WIFE KNOWS HOW TO SHOOT A .12 GAUGE PUMP SHOTGUN AND BIG CALIBER HANDGUN, SOMEONE IS ALWAY HOME, MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR IS CRAZY AND SITS ON HIS BACK PORCH WITH A COUPLE OF DOGS AND A SHOTGUN... I AM NOT SELLING MY MINI-14 W/30 RD MAG... WHICH I AM VERY PROFICIENT WITH.... having said all that... please stop by... I need the practice...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Preface: There are no assault rifles or assault shotguns involved here... these are all one owner weapons and all are in excellent condition... no marks on stocks, blued finish is perfect... I would class them all as new except most have been fired at least a dozen times but none have been fired over 1 box... except for the .357 Herrett T/C and the .30/.30 T/C and the .220 Swift Ruger which I have taken many ground hogs out to 300+yds with (yes I have!)... that rifle is awesome.... I handload all rifles and most pistols (in my younger days) and the .220 Swift was loaded a bit off max to conserve barrel life... usually around 35 to 3800' fps... with 55 grain or so bullets....

The .270 Remington Model 700 is a light weight rifle that would be great if you are hiking and hunting as out west... very light and with a great scope.... good long range antelope or deer gun... same for the Ruger #1... easy carry weapon on a hunt.

The Dan Wesson is a 'very big' and heavy weapon... if you can't shoot someone with it... you can use it like a club... but with the 8" heavy vented barrel it's kick is surprisingly light.

The .44 Marlin lever action is a good pack gun... horseback or even backpack... it is short and light and packs a good punch and goes well if you also have a .44 pistol... interchangeable ammunition and all that.......

I also have some ammunition (although it may be bit old but probably still good) and RCBS dies for most of these guns and handload handbooks for many different companies... frankly I have a bunch of stuff, including holsters, belts... little stuff like that... but lets just start with the meat of the stuff.... for now...

Long guns:
1 Marlin lever action .44 mag short barrel rifle blued
1 standard .870 3"mag Remington w/vented barrel blued
The two Winchester below have matching stocks (green laminated)
1.30-06 bolt action rifle w/3.5X10 Leopold Gold Ring scope
1. matching Winchester .12gauge National Turkey Federation 3"mag 1300 pump shotgun
1 Ruger .220 Swift "Bicentennial" heavy 26" barrel w/6.5X20 Leopold Gold Ring scope
1 Ruger #1 .270 standard barrel w/Redfield rings attached (no scope)
1 Remington .270 Model 700 light weight barrel w/3X9 wideview Redfield scope

Handguns:
1 Dan Wesson .44mag w/8" vented heavy barrel w/DW sig.Pacmar grips blued
1 Ruger MII, .22 heavy 5" blued
1 Ruger Blackhawk .357 6" stainless
1 Ruger New Model 'Single Six' .22 6" w/Pacmar grips blued
1 Ruger .41Mag Redhawk 5" stainless
1 Ruger .44Mag 'Super Blackhawk" Hunter model w/notched barrel for scope 7" stainless
1 Thompson Center .30/.30; 10" barrel w/2X Leopold extended eye relief scope/base Pacmar grips, blued

1 Thompson Center .357 Herrett super 14" barrel w/2X Leopold extended eye relief scope/base Pacmar grips, blued (This is a custom gun and the ammo has to be handloaded including the brass... it is a .30/.30 casing... necked out to .35 cal... so basically you have a .357 bullet sitting on a .30/30 case... (I have several boxes already loaded that go with this gun and also a set of RCBS dies)... is is similar to a .35 Winchester cal.... but one of Mr. Herretts custom calibers that were popular many years ago... it is one hell of an elk gun if you load it right and want a short barrel single shot... I have taken whitetail at 100+ yds with this gun... (I will say it shoots a lot better than I do... 8) )

I am working on pictures for each of these and also a fair price list is being worked on... but they are not ready to go just yet... I will post these on the "guns, guns, guns" post I did but the pictures or prices will not be posted... emails will be answered with prices and pictures later... maybe a week or so... it's hard putting all this together... just takes a little time.... anyone wanting a list and pictures with prices can again........ email me at fsbb@embarqmail.com or fsbonds@embarqmail.com and I will respond.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion