Firing Semi's on Full Auto Legally • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Firing Semi's on Full Auto Legally
 Post Posted: Sat 21 Mar 2009 13:26 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
I just discovered this technique earlier today while researching the Kel-Tec PLR-16 pistol, which I just purchased. This technique is called "Bump firing". A method of holding the trigger down and allowing the recoil of the weapon re-chamber and re-fire on its own, just as if it were on full auto. There a number of videos showing M1's, Ar's, and other assorted weapons. As soon as I can get to a range, I am going to try this out myself.

http://plrninja.com/blog/kel-tec-plr-16 ... t-attempt/

Post subject: Re: Firing Semi's on Full Auto Legally
 Post Posted: Sat 21 Mar 2009 19:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Ruffin, I think you probably already know what I am posting here, but I'll say it anyway...

First... the PLR-16 by Kal Tec is a hot little number, especially for the price... around $650.00... but full auto............

... ain't supposed to happen... unless something is missing or "out of adjustment" inside that weapon, it cannot fire full auto... now first let me say... I am certainly no gunsmith... however, years ago I became aware of some former military folks who were taking Mini-14's (Ruger .223 semiauto rifles) and converting them to full auto... no selector switch... just full auto... NO, I did not do this... I am not stupid (believe me)

... very simple but of course illegal... the hammer in this weapon (this is pretty much how most semi-autos work) has a notch on the rear that engages the secondary sear when fired and recoils back... it holds the hammer back until you release the trigger, the hammer moves forward and the primary sear engages the hammer until you pull the trigger again, releasing the hammer to fire... if you file down the notch on the hammer... it does not engage the sear and will travel forward again and fire a round each time, as long as you hold the trigger engaged... of course to have this operate correctly you have to change several other parts like the recoil springs and firing pin and firing pin spring and also there is an upgrade to the barrel which will get rather heated upon auto fire.... and also probably the ejector... LE uses these now with all the upgrade done at the factory... of course the setup is different but the effect is the same. I have a Mini-14 but it is stock and I will not change it for many reasons... frankly, having fired full auto weapons... I much prefer semi-auto... unless of course I am being advanced upon by a group of bad boys... but that probably won't be happening in Virginia for a while.... :shock: :shock:

I say again... unless there is something mechanically wrong with that weapon, it should not fire full auto... and if it does, you might want to obtain your class 3 FFL... and whoever sold it to you could go to jail... unless of course you all have the proper paperwork.

BATF is a hard crowd to deal with... but of couse you already know that and as much as a legal eagle you are... I know you wouldn't want to do something that might get you in trouble....

... firing a full auto anything without the proper paperwork is against the law... period.

now... having said that... I am going out in the backyard and fire a couple of mags through my BAR. :shock: 8) :mrgreen:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sat 21 Mar 2009 20:16 
in memoriam

Understood Bill,

However, this is a new technique (at least to me), called "Bump firing". Nothing has been altered. If you click on some of the other videos after watching the first one, you will find several instructional clips that show you how to do this. Some of the other videos illustrate Glock's, Ar's, M1's, Mini-14's, Ak's, etc. being fired in this manner...legally.

Naturally this manner is not for accuracy, rather for "spray n pray" situations or just for kicks...:)

Watching the guy do this with the ww2 M1 was awesome ! He used up the clip in a matter of seconds.

Post Posted: Sun 22 Mar 2009 06:18 
in memoriam

yep, I watched several of the videos... very interesting.... still not sure how they did that but you can rest assured that BATF is on it and will probably try and change something in the mix... I was only spouting off a bit and not trying to "enlighten" you... frankly, enlightening is something you usually do for us...

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 22 Mar 2009 12:56 

Not sure this is an area that you can do it and then ask for forgiveness later.

I am sure I read an article that contained the definition BATF uses for rapid fire or full-auto rate firing as they see as illegal. Looking for it now and will post.

However the idea behind it was that anyone who causes a weapon to fire at a rate other than intended by the manufacture can be held responsible for the illegal use of the weapon.

Would hate for someone at the range to get curious and cause you grief about it.

Now where did I put that clipping.

Post Posted: Sun 22 Mar 2009 14:44 
in memoriam

Alright ...enough of this...I found out about this thing, thought it was cool..thought I would share it...didn't mean to cause a huge discussion about it...geezzz...It's real simple folks..if you want to do it, fine; if you don't, then don't....it's that freakin simple.

No alterations have been made to the weapons demonstrated, no one is advocating intentional violation of any laws, yadda yadda yadda. It's like speed limits...you either choose to obey them or you don't...it's a victimless crime and a revenue generating method for the government.

Post Posted: Mon 23 Mar 2009 18:31 
in memoriam

I can "wiggle" my finger and make a semiauto fire pretty damn fast (I used to be able to wiggle my finger and make little miss Judy W. jump a little too... but that is another story :roll: ).... my little Mini-14 sounds almost like auto but it ain't... I think that 'bumpin' thing is just lettin' the jump of the recoil cause it to fire again and I don't think that is against the law anyway... cause you have done nothing but fire it fast in semiauto mode.

Now go back to sleep Ruffin.... you've had a long day and tomorrow we are gonna learn how to fly!! :D

Post Posted: Mon 23 Mar 2009 21:33 
in memoriam

I'll be flying tomorrow alright..but not in the sense you mean..I'll be higher than a kite, then knocked out for most of 2 days..I have another outpatient procedure tomorrow where they will have to put me completely under.... :(
Then on Friday-Sun., some friends of mine and I are going deep sea fishing....:)

Wish you could join us Bill....:)

Post Posted: Tue 24 Mar 2009 17:57 
in memoriam

RWB wrote:
I'll be flying tomorrow alright..but not in the sense you mean..I'll be higher than a kite, then knocked out for most of 2 days..I have another outpatient procedure tomorrow where they will have to put me completely under.... :(
Then on Friday-Sun., some friends of mine and I are going deep sea fishing....:)Wish you could join us Bill....:)

Well, first, sorry about the "procedure"... whatever it is... it ain't fun... so good luck to you on that one old boy... and second, I wish I could go with you and good luck on that too.... my last outing with my grandson was pretty good... we caught some tuna and although it was a bit expensive... it was very rewarding in the good time.... and the good tuna we took home and ate on for months....

On the way to the fishin grounds..........

A couple of the Tuna we caught...

You will know how good a shape you are in when you work a big fish for just a few minutes.... this 40lb. Tuna was kickin' my big azz...

Have a good time Ruffin.............

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion