Question regarding Fugitive Recovery • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Question regarding Fugitive Recovery
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Mar 2009 11:07 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
No. You are really confusing the issues here.

A Bail Bondsperson has the right to revoke a person's bail bond anytime they choose to for a variety of reasons. You keep targeting the parole and probation aspects here.

This also sounds like a personal vendetta against the defendant or fugitive. Why are you so anxious to re-apprehend this 1 particular fugitive ? Now all of my investigative instincts are questioning your actions....

If you truly are new to this field and desire to enter it professionally, then you would be asking an entirely different set of questions.

Basically, the fugitive you keep asking about is not going to be re-apprehended by leo's due to the issues surrounding the cost of extradition. It's a dead horse now. Yet you keep trying to find loopholes to have him/her re-apprehended...begs the question of why ?

Post Posted: Thu 19 Mar 2009 13:29 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
raususken wrote:
My friend and I have been discussing getting started in this field, and figured since we knew where a fugitive was we could get a good start.

Washington State requires licensing for bail enforcement. From what I have been told, it isn't a cheap process. If you are thinking about getting into the business then you need to be looking into what your state requires for you to legally perform the work. It isn't as simple as knowing where a fugitive is and deciding thats a good way to start a business. Here is the link where you can find the information. http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/bailbonds/bbra.html

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Thu 19 Mar 2009 14:47 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2419
Experience: 3 - 5 years
My take on the subject..
The US Marshal's Service has an Internet site profiling WANTED persons who have absconded during parole or broke out of prison etc, to which they offer a reward for information leading to capture. http://www.usmarshals.gov/investigation ... index.html
What they state is that they are only interested in a location and not a capture. According to their web site, they do not want civilians picking up these fugitives. ( BEA's are civilians!)
I think getting paid for identifying a fugitive's location and not getting personally involved in the capture is an interesting thought..however.. someone I spoke to recently about this subject said he doubted whether one would actually get paid ( lack of any contract)
It also comes to mind whether one might get charged for obstruction of justice for carrying on an unauthorized investigation or surveillance of such a person. In addition, the fugitive recovery agent does not have in their possession any legal documentation or leads, so finding someone would be simply by chance in most cases.
I have heard via the grapevine that there were fugitive recovery agents working these cases but could never verify if that was true or not.
There is a man wanted from my area, Paul Clouston, age 70, who is a really bad guy ( a paroled cop killer and serial sexual predator of children) and the US Marshal's Service is offering UP TO $25K for his arrest. I, of course, keep a photo of him in my car in the event I happen to spot him during my natural travels..I'll be happy to make the call. However that is as far as I would go.
I'd like to hear other's opinions on this since the subject has been brought up.
Jenifer

DCJS 99-183465
Virginia

Post Posted: Fri 20 Mar 2009 20:16 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
That was a very informative post, thanks alot. I think my intentions were either misstated, or misinturpreted. BTW, thanks for the post on licensing cost Kathy.

I believe my misunderstanding was the difference between a BEA and a recovery agent, as I thought they were one in the same.

I have not performed any surveillance of said person, I merely went to the Florida wanted site, and put his name in to see if there was any merit to his story.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Post Posted: Fri 20 Mar 2009 22:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Then you are still confused!

Bail fugitive recovery agent
Bail enforcement agent
Fugitive recovery agent
Bail enforcer
Bail investigator
Bail bond agent

and of course

Bounty hunter.

Post Posted: Sat 21 Mar 2009 05:44 
in memoriam

Then, once again, I have to question your particular interest in this person. You have intentionally avoided this question. You obvioulsy have a special interest in this person. Perhaps he is an ex- of some kind, owes you back child support, or he hurt some one close to you. In spite of all the answers and information you have garnered on your own, you are still trying to find a way to have him arrested and incarcerated.

Well not to bust your bubble, but due to federal mandates regarding over crowding in jails, cost of housing inmates, and other factors, even if you were successful in getting this person arrested, he wouldn't stay in jail for very long.

I have re-apprehended people who fta'd and they were released within a couple of hours through another bonding company. So whatever delusions you have of putting this person in jail are probably just exactly that..delusions.

Post Posted: Sat 21 Mar 2009 19:31 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: None
Im not quite sure I understand your outright aggressive, and quite personal attack against my inquiry. I have no kids, this is not an ex, nor anything of the sort. Let your investigative intuition lead you where it will, but this is simply NOT the case. You are acting as though, because I have a portion of a background on someone, that I have collectively put together some sort of inestigation. Again, this is NOT the case. Putting a name into a state's WANTED database is not a crime. Inquiring on the process required to apprehend/re-apprehend someone is not a crime. Checking, double checking, triple checking everything you hear, read, and see is not a crime. So the only question begging to be answered is why you seem to read into this sooooo greatly? Let us say for one instance you were correct. Lets say I am an ex, and this person left me with a 3yr old owing child support. What law would I be breaking asking how to have this person re-apprehended? Lawyers spend countless hours at night searching old court rulings to find loopholes for their clients. Your reaction leads me to believe that by simply asking questions, I am do something wrong. And just to put your mind at ease, I am a 27 yr old male with no kids, I am a video gamer on WoW/GW/Nemesis, and I work 4 months out of the year installing security systems. So...let me be blatantly clear!!! Your spidey senses lied to you!

Thank you everyone for your answers, this will be my last post. Clearly, BEA/FR goes on the "not my type job list".

Post Posted: Sat 21 Mar 2009 20:06 
in memoriam

lol..wow....:)

1) You were asked a direct question which you intentionally avoided answering from the very beginning..indicating hidden agendas, motivations, etc. Please remember most experienced BEA's/Pi's have been trained in interrogation techniques. 1 of the things they teach in those classes is the non-verbal communication that a person engages in..which, according to some reports, is as high as 90%. We are also taught to pay attention not so much as to what is being said, but rather what isn't...to literally read between the lines. So when you refused to answer a direct question, you intentionally harped on finding loopholes to have a particular person re-apprehended, and you have not asked a single question regarding entering the field...well you see 1 set of reasonable conclusions an experienced investigator could come to....which is you having a personal vendetta against this particular fugitive.

2) There has not been any "aggressive or personal" behaviours on my part towards you whatsoever. I don't know you at all so how could it be "personal" ? You came on here asking how to get someone arrested....your questions were answered...and then you were asked some questions, so you get offended ? duhhhh..Helloooooo ? We are investigators here...we do subscribe to unwritten codes of ethics, morality, security etc.... we don't know to whom we are addressing..maybe you are the fugitive in question trying to self-educate on how to avoid being arrested ? Did that ever cross your mind ? On how you come across to us ?

3) Also remember the internet is full of "players", criminals, child molesters, con artists, etc. Anyone can claim to be anything at anytime online. Just because you claim to be a 27 yr old male, doesn't make it so. Additionally, Gay couples do have children these days, they do get married (in some states), and they do get divorced. I have read about gay couples engaging in child custody battles. So you saying that you are a male and the def. is male doesn't mean anything.

4) You are correct in determining that this field probably isn't for you. If you can't handle being questioned by an anonymous person online, then how would you handle a full scale interrogation by cops/Da's/defense attorneys ?
Obviously the thought of having to subject yourself to leo inquiries has never entered your mind. There are an infinite number of scenarios that the professional BEA may and does find him/herself in on a daily basis:

A) You enter a house only to see kilos of cocaine in plain sight

B) You enter a dwelling to find a dead/tortured/mutilated body

C) You locate a def's vehicle only to find it bloody and bullet ridden

D) You find a dead body in the vehicle....

On and on I could go. You would then be subjected to not just hours of brutal interrogations by all kinds of people from all different kinds of leo agencies, but the media as well for years...some cases go on and on and on.....

This business requires a "tough skin" personality, and if my few words made you this upset...wow..I'd hate to see you when you get grilled by a group of cops when they get called on you at a potential subject's house, only the call comes out on the radio as "suspicious person with a gun" or "Man with a gun"...lol

Best of luck to you in your future...whatever it may be...:)

Post Posted: Sun 22 Mar 2009 17:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
This is offered only for informational purposes only. Not to beat the dead horse any deader!

If with California's $40+ billion dollar deficit, they will extradite parolees at large or probationers that have left the state, why wouldn't Florida our any other state do the same?

Just think about it. If each state just let every parolees or probationers leave the state and the state did not extradite them once learning of their whereabouts, they would all ENCOURAGE their newly released bad boys and girls to leave and go elswhere. The state would save a lot of money.

States like CA, FL, TX. NY, IL probably have a surplus of people they would like to get rid off.

So in this example that FL does want him or her and WA won't send him or her back doesn't sound right to me. Secondly, how did FL and WA learn where this person was or is, anyway?

Finally, transportation of of person back to their home states is not that expensive anymore. There are several private prisoner transport companies available to do the job now.

Post Posted: Sun 22 Mar 2009 20:19 

Tony. Tell them to send them all up here to WI. We could add them to our stockpile of people out there with active warrants that will only get caught on a traffic stop! Maybe then, our state will open up to the idea of commercial bonds. I'm sure they'd enjoy our winters! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion