MEDIA NEEDS PHOTOS OF MICHIGAN BOND RECOVERY AGENTS • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: MEDIA NEEDS PHOTOS OF MICHIGAN BOND RECOVERY AGENTS
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Feb 2009 09:21 

I’m a reporter with a Michigan media outlet doing a story on bond recovery agents. If you wouldn’t mind having us take your photo while you’re working on a case, please contact me at micawber@hotmail.com. At that time, I’ll let you know who I am and the specific angle of the story.

Post subject: Re: MEDIA NEEDS PHOTOS OF MICHIGAN BOND RECOVERY AGENTS
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Feb 2009 21:59 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
With all due respect......"NUTS !"

Do you honestly think any experienced pro, knowing the hazards of dealing with any of you media "hounds", would voluntarily submit anything to you, an unidentified person ?
This is a control issue....you want/have all of the control.....

To my way of thinking, a legitimate reporter would publicly announce thier identity, thier media affiliation, and thier stated intents. They have nothing to hide.

Now I know some "wannabee's" out here have probably e-mailed you thier pics wielding assault rifles, tactical shotguns, wearing para-leo attire standing next to ex-cop cars or Hummers, yadda, yadda, yadda...hoping to land a multi-million dollar media deal. It's truly amazing what some idiots will do for temporary fame and glory...selling thier souls to the devil.

Post Posted: Fri 20 Feb 2009 00:06 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Ruffin, I knew I could count on you on this one.

I agree 100%. All this so called reporter is going to get is a bunch
of cowboy yahoos and make us all look bad, as they usually do.

If you, the "reporter", want to see professionals in this busines, act like one and make a legitimate request with your name, intent, and what you seek.

Respectfully,

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Fri 20 Feb 2009 04:14 

I found it strange that someone working for a media outlet would be using a hotmail account. Any reporter that I have ever dealt with have an account with the company they work for.

Post Posted: Fri 20 Feb 2009 04:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Probably another wanna be..If you work for a media outlet, you would have a legit email address, and you would NOT be afraid to identify yourself. I personally would never volunteer for anything like this..you're exposing yourself to danger, and having your identity exposed...next thing you know your car gets stolen, your home vandelized, etc....we've all heard this before.

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post Posted: Fri 20 Feb 2009 09:34 

i'm using my personal email address because i don't want my competition to know i'm working on story. my work email contains my name and organization.

Post Posted: Fri 20 Feb 2009 09:56 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Sir/Ma'am,

Maybe you are legit, then again maybe you aren't....I don't know. Therein lies the problem, none of us do. What you are asking for is akin to me asking for your credit card numbers, your home address, your bank accounts, etc. We know nothing about you.

Are you a famous investigative reporter who is going to slam our industry ?

Are you a recent college grad looking for your "angle" to gain a quick reputation and secure that coveted "anchor" job in a resort town somewhere ?

Are you a criminal in hiding looking for ways to "get even" with the BEA who re-apprehended you ?

Yes, paranoia does run deep in some people..... :roll:

I understand that fear of recognition by others in your craft of your professional e-mail address and media affiliation might spoil your project, but here's a news flash: Unless something spectacular has happened in Michigan that I don't know about here recently, our industry is not new or deserving of media attention.

Here is my suggestion: Look at the Mi. State Directory and contact some of those listed there via e-mail or pm, and work through them. Tri-State Recovery, Terry Moon, Peerless Recovery, Etc. Any of those people and others unnamed might be willing to assist you.

Post Posted: Fri 20 Feb 2009 15:00 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 37
Experience: 5 - 7 years
This is getting blown way out of proportion.

Also look at some of the well known BEA’s and the apparel they wear. If I remember right, Hadley had his picture taken in front of his Hummer.

Andy Dickey

Post Posted: Fri 20 Feb 2009 21:52 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I don't have a problem with the media if they can prove themselves as such and have a legitimate reason for obtaining their cause, and further leave what is published restricted to the individual in the report full access in allowing or not the pics and reports. My concern would lean more towards the current disagreement on MI's laws and one side gleaning evidence to support the use of personal interpretation of the laws against the other.

No matter who is a contributer to the "news" all are suspect if they sway more towards one side than the other, and all do. I say "nay" to anything that could be detrimental.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion