Judges May Order Release of 57K California Inmates • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Judges May Order Release of 57K California Inmates
 Post Posted: Sat 14 Feb 2009 13:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Experience: More than 10 years
Brad,
Just out of curiosity, what tax bracket are you in now? 38%? Mine is a relative tax cut. Also, what did you plan on paying for your kids education? That expense has been removed from you as well. Let the kids pay for it out of future income, free has no value and if they are paying, they wont be spending 7 years in school for a 4 year degree.

If employers no longer had to contribute 12% of employees salaries, how many new jobs would that represent?

Scott for OZ dot com

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 14 Feb 2009 13:25 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Well, I'm not real sure about the tax bracket--I let the tax lady do that stuff, but I will say that at this point in my life, I have family, mortgages and such that make my tax liability less than probably many I believe I pay my fair share, but maybe could kick in a little more for the Right reasons.
The kids and colllege--I'll help them were they need it, but I'm not one to simply pay it all. They have all worked (to one degree or another...) since they were young and have hopefully learned the value of work and money....if not, there is always the GI bill or something like that were they will be able to learn some good life skills.

I'm with you on helping employers.........employers employ afterall, and that means more jobs and so on and so on.....

btw, where exactly is OZ????????????????????????????????

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Sat 14 Feb 2009 13:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
If we can't get elected here, then we will accept contributions for the future purchase of St. Kitts. It is one of the smallest countries in the Caribbean, and we should be able to afford it by paying cash :)

Who says utopia can't be in utopia?

You need to know what tax bracket you are in, it might scare you!

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Sat 14 Feb 2009 13:56 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Oz, Walden, Lake Wobegone or St. Kitts---count me in.
Let's put together some numbers for a purchase see if we can all make a deal.
How much can a small Caribbean Country cost anyway?

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Sat 14 Feb 2009 17:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
The beauty of the current tax system is that we think we are getting a break with the different credits or deductions.

We get deductions for dependants. So have more babies. Never mind that you will pay more iin food, clothes, medical, BAIL money over the life of the "child" than you will get back in the tax deduction.

We deduct mortgage interest and property taxes. But again you only get on average 1/3 of that back through your reducted tax liability. The average person will pay 3 times the value of the house in interest on a 30 year mortgage.

The U.S. tax code is structured for social and business engineering. Have more babies get a tax deduction. Buy a house, help real estate development, icnrease property taxes for cities and states, get a deduction.

Own a business? Hire employees, buy more equipment. Get a deduction.

Instead of doing things the most efficient way possible, spend more than you normally would because the government will "give" you some of that money back.

Yes these deductions help. But they really give a false feeling of savings something. The better way would be to have a flat tax with absolutely no deductions for anything. That would simplify the tax paying process. Elininate the 1,000 of jobs related to filing ( sorry Kathy )and paying taxes, and free up the IRS personel for making sure that everyone is paying their taxes rather than if they are cheating on their filings.

Out of every dollar the fed collects in taxes, it costs them .30 cents to do it.

If nothing else, simplifying the taxe code will save millions of tons of paper each year for not having to mail and prepare the millions of pages of returns.

I could eliminate a whole 4 drawer file cabinet of receipts and records that I keep only for tax purposes.

Post Posted: Sat 14 Feb 2009 23:32 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
What really irritates me is that I do my best for my tax clients. I keep up with their life changes (divorces, children growing up, etc), and tell them what to expect, but when they don't follow my advice and mess up, they go elsewhere to get their taxes done thinking they will do better. They pay a higher price, with less results, and still blame me for their problems.

I guess we are all in the same boat with this newer generation that wants to blame everyone other than themselves for their problems. In bonding, it is always somebody else's fault that they got arrested, and/or missed court. I got an expected forfeiture notice today from a defendant that I had been in contact with, and explained what he needed to do. He didn't follow through. I have 120 days to get him in, and will give him most of them to make it right. We just went through this, so I'm not too worried. I know where to find him if it comes to that.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage