non leathal wepons • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: non leathal wepons
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Feb 2009 23:56 

Thank you for your advice eagle I was not asking if i should use non letheal or not ! I already know that anser I was asking about types ... I wish I could find some one to work with here in oklahoma to learn from! I have tried but I guess there afraid of new people .
and trust me I will make it and I will be very good at it.

Thank you .
Brian jensen sayre ok

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 00:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I’m sorry Kathy, out of respect to your response, but can a verbal resolution to an apprehension be considered a non-lethal-weapon?

And asking me to do a search on here, Kathy, I’ve been an avid member here for 5 years now. I think I’ve searched them. If I haven’t, then by God I will… No need to attack me!

Love you anyways...

Anniston, AL

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 04:39 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Isn't it really a matter of semantics? Less than Lethal means just that--less lethal than a lethal weapon like a .357 or something similar....
Non-Lethal is not really the proper term for bean bags, rubber bullets, etc., because they can be lethal if not used properly.
Non-Lethal terminology has gotten mixed in with less than lethal terms over time, but still isn't correct.
I think the tongue could be considered a non-lethal weapon, unless of course you told the guy to take a jump, and then he did, and then he expired.

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 08:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
:lol: Brad, you're right. Guess I better make sure I go back and edit my post before confusion sets in...

Anniston, AL

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 09:10 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
The best weapon in the arsenal is the Brain.
The first thing to learn is "Write Tight"

Jay, Kathy was not talking to you :P . She was just saying the same thing that Bill & I said. That this has been bantered around before . . . all one has to do is do a search. :wink:

That is why the Mods are here to help direct and keep things flowing. I try very hard to keep my "Notes to Self" in order . . . however sometimes I do have a "OldTimers Moment"
If I think that I may have seen a similar thread, then I spend the time to look for it. To bring up an 'old' thread on a subject and to get fresh ideas from New People is great and what this is all about.
Oh and by the way glad that you are back and contributing to the Forum. Lots of folks from 'Bama signing up here lately.

Bill, KEWL "wepon"

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 09:19 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
I think maybe you all are getting a bit off the original subject/question here.... arguing over semantics rather than answers to the question.

Is a .44 magnum more or less lethal than a baseball bat... or a car? Would you say it has to do with the application of the item and nothing to do with the actual description of the item... ? :?:

Personally I like cars... you don't have to come into physical contact with the attacker... just run over them.... and then you could actually just say........... "oh, it was an accident.".... and you only have to have a drivers license... but then VW's are hard to conceal... see how off the wall this post could get? 8)

Just load the gun with HP or +P and forget it... just make sure if you pull it... you can use it... and hit what you are aiming at....

Quote:
The best weapon in the arsenal is the Brain.
boy is that right on the money....

and one other thing............ just remember.... when you introduce a weapon of any kind into a confrontation... you have raised the situation to a very, very different level... be very prepared in that case... this ain't TV... and in general, you ain't dealin' with overly bright people here.... hopefully, you are smarter than they...

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Last edited by speezack on Fri 13 Feb 2009 09:21, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 09:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Funny....I just wrote about VW's in a seperate post.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 09:23 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
:shock: :wink:

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 09:35 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
crap! Now I have to watch out for VWs :shock: OOps ! I really meant to hit the brakes LOL

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Fri 13 Feb 2009 13:19 
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Ok I couldn't read this without my own opinion. Of course opinions are like ... well... Any ways here is mine.
As a former Deputy and now recovery agent's assistant (waiting on licensure), I have to say that evaluation, common sense and pure good judgement plays key in all situations. I personally do many things in many different situations. A good information sheet will provide you with valuable information regarding a possible dangerous or non-dangerous threat. No one knows what every person will do when faced with an agent looking to take them back to the place they paid to get out of in the first place. So that said I use all of my common sense and apply the worst case scenario to every situation. I have heard of individuals resisting with force that would suggest the only alternative is to take him out with deadly force over something that would only cause them some fines and or a small jail sentence. I have also heard of indivuals that are known to fight police and previously stating that they would kill anyone who attempted to take them back to jail only to surrender without any incident at all.
My point is this... BE PREPARED for any given situation, you own life may depend on it. I wear my vest, firearm, taser and have plenty of back up in every situation. I would rather be prepared to face the worst and have nothing happen than to go unprepared and be a victim of such.

Small scenario:
Suspect Male 6'2" 235 pounds
Charges FTA, Aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon, Possesion of Cocaine with intent to distribute, and Agrevated Rresisting Arrest
Bond amount $100k
Numerous previous charges related to violence
Confidential Informant stated that subject would definately fight upon confrontation with police

Team of FRA 6 men with extensive law enforcement background and experience in the field
in an attemp to get a positive ID on our fugitive 2 agents entered the house and the subject merely put his hands out and surrendered without incident.

Of course we went fully prepared to face resistance but none was had.

330-399-6200
"We're in business to get you out!"

Agent Brian Fiorentino Sr.
License Number: 986851
NPN: 16919282

Agent Tabitha Fiorentino
License Number: 963447
NPN: 16683611

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion