The English Language • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: The English Language
 Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 10:33 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
SnoWolf wrote:
Georgian <<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>> I will be leaving for about 5 - 6 weeks, for some training, in a few weeks. <<<<>>>>>>>>>>>That’s all. I will post a message when I get my exact ship date. I will check in when I can.

Hey big fella.............. I been speakin' Georgian for years.... ya'all... except when that Georgia state trooper stopped me north of Atlanta for speeding on I-85 and ask me where I was from... and I immediately figured because I was from Virginia... the capital of the Confederacy that he would look upon me as a fellow rebel and cut me some slack... so I said to him... "why officer, I am from Vaaagginnia"... in as much of a southern drawl as possible... and he looked at me without blinkin' an eye and said........ "DAMN.... A YANKEE!"................. I got the ticket.

Anyway, training? ship date? ... don't you be doin' nothin' stupid now.... don't be goin' someplace that is more dangerous than East Baltimore... or the cross Bronx projects...

I don't know what or where you are off to but while you are gone... we are gonna talk about you... so you better check in here once in a while and see what's happening... however, having said that......... frankly.... if your doin' what I think your doin'... suffice to say... if I was a bit younger... like 30 years... I'd go too.... but that is a moot point.

You better take care of yourself cause on this site anyway... you are not replaceable... and stay in touch when you do take off....

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 11:18 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Northland wrote:
In this field, there is always going to be the cowboy, TV types that want to be cool and famous. We see the same thing with LEO/Military types, but their process has a better way of weeding them out before too much damage is done--at least most of the time hopefully. Maybe I'm missing a lot here, but to me, it just doesn't make good business sense to have "Cowboys" running around making a bad name for the Industry.

Boy did you ask a lot of questions here.... I can't speak for the flock on here but I can tell you that my take on the FRN site is mostly networking between the certified members and information on the new members. The cowboys will always exist... most of us can spot one almost immediately... as for the efficiency and/or effectiveness and/or professionalism of each of us... well, it certainly varies greatly between us all...

We each have our fields of expertise... some much more than others... as time goes on and contact is established between each of us... and we are able to read the many posts and threads on here.... we can establish... at least in our individual thinking... whether we feel the person is "real" or not and to what degree that characteristic fits the person.

I can tell you this... I am a small town bondsman... I have been in the business 10 years +/-... I do most, not all, but most of my recovery work... I have very few skips, but there are some, which you will have if you write any bonds at all... I always say... "when you write a bond... you roll the dice". I do not like going into rough neighborhoods... not because I am necessarily "scared" but I... like Josy Wales said... "a man needs to know his limitations"... I am smart enough to know that if the situation goes south... I could probably take care of myself... but I am not stupid... and will take a more... shall we say... 'seasoned' person with me if need be....

So, having said that, what I am saying is that each of us has different qualifications and fields of endeavor... and by networking and staying in touch we can work things together and help each other. I can do a very good job of writing a bond and gathering info on the subjects involved... I can recover probably 99% of the few skips I get by myself... I believe I do great in my personal dealings with LE and court folks... magistrates, judges, lawyers, CA's and the like... and I get along with almost everyone in my business... but I can tell you that if there is a time when I need to raise to a higher level... I will not hesitate to call upon some of the members here that I know from experience are much more qualified than I in many of the associated fields that we work in.... I can name many but if you read much on here... you probably already know their names.

As to the cowboys, wannabees or whatever... well, anyone can read this site and after registering... they can post threads... whether they get past the initial intro is mostly up to them and the acceptance of the certified members who have the job of "oking" new people. I don't think there is much done on the 'vetting' process unless the person comes on strong and tries to step into the mix and then they get checked out quickly... and sometimes rather harshly... but that is life...

Now most will tell you that I spike my posts with humor (sometimes not as funny as I might think) but do not discount me based solely on my attempt at being funny.... "I hope I am judged not by my funny bone but by my back bone..." How's that for a quote?! :shock: :shock:

This is the only... I say only... site that I post to... I read others and try to learn as much as possible from a lot of sources but this is the only one that I feel comfortable enough to post to.... I see a softness here that allows individuals to be themselves combined with a certain hardness that I think, judges people in a realistic manner.

Now that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 11:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
Northland,
There are a couple of issues here...

There are many people and entities that read this site, some overtly while others do so covertly. It is imperative that we put the best foot forward and writing is a window to the caliber of people that contribute, whether we like it or not.

There is a clear distinction between self deprecation and admitting faults. One is generally used to garner a positive response, the other an excuse of some sort to justify inappropriate behavior.

The financial positions that drive the political positions in this industry are very complicated. This is a self cleaning oven type of business. If you are a career screw up, you won't last long in this business. Hopefully, an unsuccessful purveyor of this craft will go quietly without causing lasting damage to the industry. That has not always been the case. There are very knowledgeable and successful individuals in this industry that disagree on methodology. What works in one area is not acceptable in others. This does not make those individuals any less successful or knowledgeable or their information and teaching products any less desirable.

Our industry is made up of type A over achievers. You could not do what we do and not be an independent thinker. This industry is also inclusive of followers. If a follower chooses to align himself with a wayward thinker, actor, or just misguided soul, the problems begin. I have been witness to heated discussions based solely on loyalty and not the law. While the loyalty is admirable, it is also dangerous. This industry has it's detractors, and they come equipped with their own agendas. One individual, no matter their respective level of significance to the remainder of this industry, can be the catalyst that causes the failure of the entire industry.
This industry has experienced attacks in the past that were later exposed as having nothing to do with this industry, yet the attack was not derailed or corrected. Sometimes, an issue can be nothing more than the ability to keep ones name in the press, to the chagrin of the people that make a living at the industry sullied.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 12:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2087
Bill & Scott,

You both have responded to this issue in a manner that eminates
the professionalism and excellance that we as a whole strive for on this forum.

I think EVERYONE should read those posts and take them as a lesson as to what this forum is about.

The ability to network via this forum with professionals in this
business is a priceless asset unto itself. Being able to access the talent
and experience each person brings to this forum is incredible,
and both you have shown exactly that thru your post on this issue.

I personally thank you and congratulate you both for a job well done.

J.G. Marshall
MARSHALL FUGITIVE SERVICE
Lic. # 2008-392

Its the Irish in my mind that keeps me sane,
and the Irish in my heart that keeps me strong.

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 13:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
Wow......Those are posts that need no response (Bill and Scott M.). Wonderful, guys. Very well stated.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 16:34 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Thanks Scott and Bill. I was hoping for that type of frank discussion and you guys went over and above. As a new poster it is difficult, at least for me, to try and navigate through everything here and know what is to be taken away for your own particular skills, knowlege and ability.
As you read more, it seems like you focus in on some of the main posters and then widdle that down to a few that you "like" based on what they post and almost develop a kind of trust based on what is written.
I know I search out certain posters, and likewise avoid others. No real factual, objective reasoning, only a feeling I guess.

Thanks again, it is genuinley appreciated , and I look forward to many more words of Wisdom.

Northland
Minnesota

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 16:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Northland,
I would not discount any of the posters on this and other sites. Read and consume all of the information you can. Research the laws in your area of operation.

Nobody has power over you that you do not allow them to have. (Scottie's Rules)

Become the expert that we turn to in your area of operations. Kind of a "Pay it Forward" attitude. Once you have become knowledgeable about the laws, policies and procedures in your state, apply what you read against what you know. We call that practicing discernment, and it applies to any business, religious statements, political opinions etc. Keep what you feel will benefit you and discard the rest. Remember, that just because you choose to discard information from a poster one time, does not mean that he/she won't have a pearl of wisdom for you to profit from another time. Become a sponge.

Scott

Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 17:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Just one correction in Bill's remarks,

Josy Wales said... "a man needs to know his limitations"...

The above quote was made by "Dirty" Harry Halahan in the movie "Dirty Harry" and he used it a couple of times but the final scene where he placed the bomb in Hal Holbrooks car as he drove off was the last lione in the movie.

Yea I spent and continue to spend too much time in front of the tube! :(

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 17:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Tony,
Thanks for the links on the bail schedules, and Kathy for relaying the request.

I will fill you both in on the program later, offline.

I am a big fan of Turner Classic Movies channel. I love it when they have Morgan Freeman, Robert Duval, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, James Earl Jones type weekends. Especially when I get home late at night and need to wind down before I can get to sleep. My kids stop by and say "What, another western?"

Tony, I had occasion to brag on you the other day to some political friends of mine. Suffice it to say the best compliments are often those you never hear but others do!

Love ya' Brother! (My big sis too)

Scott

Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Fri 30 Jan 2009 18:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
No problem, Scott. It gave me an excuse to call Tony and we had a very enjoyable chat. It wasn't all just about you, either :mrgreen: .

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion