Silent members • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 14:05 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

thank you bob. youve proved an invaluable source.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 18:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I would follow the advise you got to contact the suggested people in Illinois... but on a side note I am curious about what you said of the local Law Enfocement. Most states bar their LEO's from acting as "independant contractors" as it were... this isn't mexico. In fact, here in Indiana it is against the law for law enforcement to receive any monies for picking up a fugitive other than ACTUAL expenses. As I recall KY is similiar for officers "freelancing" as it were using their city and state powers for personal gain.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 20:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Don I explained the UCEA to him and that it might help but, also may be foreign to the local Judge and LEO's. I also suggested maybe getting a contract with the Bondsman about getting them picked up then, having Law Enforcement pick them up then have a verification form signed so he can get paid. He should go back to Illinois spot the skips, call in the LEO's for the arrest, have the form signed and, let his home state work on the extradition. This should clear the Bondsman of any liability since the action is now a Law Enforcement function.

At least that is how I would handle it and expressed this to him.
As always this is just my opinion.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 22 Aug 2005 20:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hey bob,

I agree... all my contracts have the following (posted below).

What caught my eye was the statement that the local LEO would assist in exchange for the bounty... in most states that is explicitly against the law. I was surprised that might not be the case in Illinois and their officers were actually using their "color of authority" as freelance agents.

---contract excerpt---

Whereas Agent agrees to provide the following services for Grantor upon execution of this agreement, and shall immediately pay Agent after any of the below conditions have been met:

Locate and arrest, or cause arrest of the Fugitive who is currently in violation of a bail bond agreement and is a fugitive under the laws of the State of __________________________ ;

Receive receipt for above subject from the Law Enforcement Agency that has taken custody of subject;

Verify above subject has been admitted to any detention center, health care facility, or other institution and provide Grantor with information;

Subject voluntarily surrenders to authorities, or is subsequently taken into custody by the result of this Agent’s investigations and efforts;

A certified copy of the Death certificate is located and presented to Grantor.

---------

"keys"

since I am freely distributing forms these days give me a holler and I will send you a template you can tailor to your own use if you have Microsoft Word. I also have a simple form that an officer or department representative can sign to say that they took the fugitive into their custody.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 23 Aug 2005 19:33 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

thanx guys for the help...Ive got it covered.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2005 12:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
I think that we can all relate to those "off Days" at least I know that I can.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 27 Aug 2005 15:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hello 'Hammer',

are you one of the people I spoke with at A Hood Bonding?

- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject: Re: Silent members
 Post Posted: Thu 01 Sep 2005 08:43 

kebcpa wrote:
I was just checking the memberlist and see where over 60 people have signed up in the last 30 days. Out of these only about 12 have made any posts and those only 1-3.

There are over 1200 registered members and 90% of these have never posted anything. From what I can see only a very few people are even active here. What's the deal? Guess the newbies and wannabes can't hang.

Now I wouldnt say we cant hang, some of us, like myself take great amount of time with my family when I am not working. I have a young son and want to spend as much time with him as I can.
And reading and writing to people on a forum, well isnt as important. But from what i have read today I have found some interesting and helpfull information. And plan on contributing more in the future.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 17:42 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Maybe we should all take a look at this post again

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion