Two Bail Bondsman charge With Felonies • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: Two Bail Bondsman charge With Felonies
 Post Posted: Sun 25 Jan 2009 21:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
get off that soap box . . . you know the story they are telling is not how it went down.
Their story is being told thru an interpreter if don't speak that well. :shock:

Thank YOU President Bush for doing the right thing and pardoning those Border Agents.
Does not anyone realize what precedence that case set for illegals against the Officers of The United States. Much less individuals like ourselves doing the nasty little job of bringing back some 'write for the money' persons' bad bond.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post Posted: Sun 25 Jan 2009 21:46 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Actually LuVonda I don't know that. Remember Jay's story of the 4 idiot BEA's that were running around the Gadsden, Al. area ripping off Illegals ? It just doesn't happen here either...I saw it when I worked in So. Ca. and Florida as well.

People figure they can abuse, rape, steal from Illegals because they wont call the cops due to fear of being deported.

Post Posted: Sun 25 Jan 2009 22:47 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
This is a good discussion, and it makes you wonder why the media isn't called on some of their "antics". Regardless, if this is true or not, the damage is done. If these guys walk, their reps are still in question. Standard SOP for many in the media.
It drives me nuts when they go off and "expose" and senstationalize these events. The public, for some reason, eat this stuff up and get in line. Remember the incidents at Abu? Poor detainees are humilated and it becomes a national scandal.
We watch and hear about American's, Westeners and civilains beheaded and it is just another story. PC at at's best...

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Sun 25 Jan 2009 23:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Exactly

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

Post Posted: Mon 26 Jan 2009 00:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
The worse the headlines, the better for the media. Any retractions are always buried in the back pages.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post Posted: Mon 26 Jan 2009 03:39 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
I was thinking on this some more (hit a nerve maybe), and I thought of that T. Cruise movie "Show me the Money".....different theme same story....kinda...or was it mr stone with "follow the money"? I don't know its all greek to me.

Northland
MN

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Mon 26 Jan 2009 06:25 

The media is all about ratings and sales. I live in a small town. If Johnny Nobody commits a crime, the local paper will have a little article with the name and charges. If it's someone known in the community, it will be a huge article that sounds like a Mickey Spillane novel! They print a couple of facts and the rest is a load of crap to boost sales! Nobody ever holds them accountable for what they print. A retraction happens very seldom. " Freedom of the press "?

Post Posted: Mon 26 Jan 2009 08:54 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 455
There are two sides of the story and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I would put nothing past some people and always look under the facade to seek their motivations.

Pillow cases are excellent tools to protect one's self from spitters or people that have been sprayed.

The majority of the Hispanic illegals here are employed by legal Hispanic nationals, kept in single family homes, with an entire family living in each bedroom. They are generally working on Government Minority Owned Business Set Aside Cleaning Contracts. They have their respective pay deducted for rent, usually 2 weeks pay, and they work their respective butts off, taken advantage of by their own people. They are like endentured servants, paying off their Coyote fees.

Scott

"Leaders are like Eagles, you never see them in a flock, but one at a time"

Chesapeake Group Investigations, Inc.
Chesapeake Bail Bonds
877-574-0500
301-392-1100 (fax)
301-392-1900 (Office)

Post Posted: Mon 26 Jan 2009 09:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

AND THAT IS JUST WRONG :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hmm . . a spitter? ARGH !!!

Post Posted: Mon 26 Jan 2009 11:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
From what I saw in the report, the tv station reporter only reported what was in the warrants and what little the "victim" told them. I did not hear or see any opinons or speculation. Did anyone else see something that I may have missed?

So I don't think they have reported anything that is not factual.

Now, the "facts" in the warrant may be wrong. If so that will come out in the police investigation. However, the media can not be held responsible for wrong facts given to them by LE or the DA. If they embellish or "dig" up wrong info on their own, then they can be held liable.

And of course, the media will "pump" up a story to get your attention. But as long as they still report only the facts as they are presented to them, it legal.

So who's repsonsibility is it for making sure the "facts" are correct before relasing infomation? Again, the story came from LE itself. They obtained the warrants based on the "victims" allegations. Some judge must have agreed that there was enough "evidence" that something may have happened.

Finally, arrest logs are public information. Every media outlet checks them everyday. They will pick the ones that are "interesting." How many of you watch C-Span or The Newshour on PBS? Very boring stuff isn't it? They don't have to make a profit. Commercial stations do. So they have to have large viewerships to get advertisers to place their commercials on their stations. So boring news will not make it.

If the media screws up, they will pay for it in a lawsuit. So far, I don't see anything remotely possible to cause a law suit against them.

One last thing. Everyone likes to say that the media should wait until all the facts are in before reporting. That may sound like a good idea.

Should they wait until the murderer is convicted before reporting on the story? How about when what was determined to be the cause of a house fire before they cover it? What about the plane crash into the Hudson? So far there has not been a final offcial cause for the crash. So theyare to not cover anything about it until the NSTB says what caused it?

I am not defending the media. I worked in television for 30 years and know how biased and quick to report it is. I also know for the most part, that a story a couple days old is not "news" anymore.

Just think about it, is Obama's inaugeration still as hot as it was last Wednesday? Don't think so.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage