Opinion on pistols • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Opinion on pistols
 Post Posted: Sun 14 Dec 2008 10:32 

RWB wrote:
Re: Ammo Capacity

We all know the anti gun people of this country have won another victory with the election of President-elect Obama and a total government in the control of the Democrats. The Clintons will push for re-instatement of thier adiminstration's weapons ban, the Brady Campaigners will push thier agenda, and the general "Anti gun nazis" of this country are also chomping at the bit, anxiously awaiting Jan 20th 2009.

How does all of this relate to ammo capacity ? Simple. The previous restrictions, among other things, included low-cap mags. Nothing over 10 rounds. Hi-cap mags had to be listed as "pre-ban" and almost tripled in price over night, until the next Republican took office and allowed the bans to die during his administration.

So the object lesson here, since history is indeed repeating itself, is to buy as many hi-cap mags while we still can afford to do so, as well as stockpiling ammo, reloading supplies, and related accessories. President-elect Obama may only last 4 yrs, then again we may have to suffer under him for 8 yrs, just like we did the Clintons..who knows...

So again, following the Old Boy Scout Motto...do indeed "Be Prepared"....

Amen I couldent have said it better my self since he was elected I have already bought 3 new guns and am planning 2 more before jan 20th

Post Posted: Sun 14 Dec 2008 10:38 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
Experience: More than 10 years
Well, as long as I can find HE rounds for my M79... my 3.5 (bazooka)... my M60... my M1 Garand... my M1 Carbine... my P-38... my flamethrower... my BAR and my RPG-7.... I will be fine.

BTW- maybe we should be bit closer to the hip on some of this crazy stuff we post..... ya neva know... the BATF might actually be reading this stuff and they may actually think we are for real.... I am sure that some of the words in this and other posts are 'alert words' on their sophisticated search engines.... don't ya recon?? of course, surely they must know by now that I am just a nutty old guy and not pay any attention to me.......................... hopefully............

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Sun 14 Dec 2008 11:00 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I am sure that many "hit words" (that is the term that we use in Intellignce) are posted on this forum. They always catch my eye, when I see the ones that "we" are looking and listening for......It's just one of those moments that make me double take. No harm done, just makes me chuckle when it happens cause I know that someone, somewhere is having to read all these posts.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Tue 16 Dec 2008 21:08 
in memoriam

SnoWolf wrote:
I am sure that many "hit words" (that is the term that we use in Intellignce) are posted on this forum. They always catch my eye, when I see the ones that "we" are looking and listening for......It's just one of those moments that make me double take. No harm done, just makes me chuckle when it happens cause I know that someone, somewhere is having to read all these posts.

Snowolf... right on the money.... when I was in service... 100 years ago... my brother was in Navy Intelligence... (yes it's true.... ) and his job was to listen to conversations on certain frequencies, bands or whatever... he also read code very, very fast.... and report anything that he deemed worthy... now, when you are stationed ... let's just say, overseas.... you tend to hear a lot of strange stuff... in fact... he told me in later years that the average person would absolutely not believe some of the things that go on during a regular day in this world... that it is very hard to believe the number of people that have a very deep interest in bringing our country down.... he verified that somebody, somewhere reads/listens/watches every word that is uttered in any type of communication....... worldwide.... 24/7/365.... in fact, just take a look at the "dishes" on top of that big building in Langley, VA.... whew...... what a job that must be??? I have a hard enough time trying to keep up with LuVonda and Kathy on FRN.... oh... and all the Scotts and not to forget RWB :mrgreen:

I am certainly glad I am old and insignificant... :roll: I will try and not use any "hit words" in the future.... like dynamite!! ...bet that got somebodies attention, somewhere?? :D

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Mon 19 Jan 2009 07:25 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Wow, know that is what I'm talking about. This has go to be the best darn thread i've red in a long, long time.
You guys are funny......
Glad to see some of the same carry's that I have been checking out. Wasn't going to mention the small 32 or 380, but since someone did i really like the small ness and esp weight of these. I take a SW 38 and it is pretty good but still a little fatter than you might like.
Been eyeing that 32 at the pawn shop and it sure is a good deal. Of course if I'm that close probably better off with Snubby (does anyone else name their guns? or am I just strange?)
Anyway, heading to Atlanta for a march and then east for a party. Unfortunately snubby won't be able to go, in fact I heard their is some kind of injunction against all snubys this week--can't figure but it's all good at the end of the day.
One last thing on this. Was talking to a guy and he stressed the practice part, and whether it's a 22 or a 44..........practice, practice, practice..........

Thanks,

NSS
MN

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Mon 19 Jan 2009 09:19 
in memoriam

MarshallSvc1 wrote:
Thats absolutely correct!Its not the size of the pistol, its how the projectile performs!

What do they say......... "It ain't the size of the wand... it's the magic in the magician...."

DID I JUST SAY THIS ON THE OTHER PAGE........... I AM GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or ........... uh........ does that relate to something else?? well, it applies here too I think...........

However, and I regress here.... I would opt for something above .25... probably in the .38 range for starters.... with light loads unless you have some experience... IMHO

I personally agree that the best overall weapon has nothing to do with caliber or brand... it's the one you can hit what you aim at when you pull the trigger. period...

Post Posted: Mon 19 Jan 2009 09:39 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Good point Sir.
I've been practicing mostly with my 870 but I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out how to get it in my pants w/o crowding my other unit. Although, you have to admit, I think, sometimes smaller size has it's distinct advantages.

Thanks

B. McCulloch
Northland

MN #40202245
NSIN: BM0510
218-565-0459

Post Posted: Mon 19 Jan 2009 12:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1999
Yes. I agree about the 25. My grandmother had a .25 because she thought it was "cute" (crome with a pearl handle). When she ended up using it....she was very disappointed. She emptied it into a guy that had broke into her house (5 shots from about 15 - 20 feet). The guy fell down some steps and she worried that she had killed him cause he didn't move until the police showed up. Come to find out, 4 shots left WELPS and only one broke the skin. The one that broke the skin was shallow enough that a paramedic "brushed it from his shoulder" and placed a small gauze pad on the wound....the subject was healthy enough to be taken to jail instead of the hospital. Just to let you in on the mentality of my grand mother....she now carries a Dirty Harry 357. She doesn't even have to pull the trigger, anymore. Folks figure that someone that is 83, carrying something that big, isn't just making threats or playing games. Grandma has stopped her stores from being robbed so many times that even in the in areas the police avoid, her stores done get "hit", anymore.

I think I told this one before.....but the point is, a .25 is not something that worries people (expecially todays 'gangstas")or has much power. For these two reasons, I would not depend on one EXCEPT for a 3rd and well hidden, concealed back up.....maybe. If you had the opportunity to get a point blank shot, it would save your life. From a few feet away, not much happening.

GAPB 20120726
NSIS ST0707
http://www.rocksolidrg.com
"The hero is not the man that acts without fear,
He is the man that acts inspite of fear"

Post Posted: Mon 19 Jan 2009 19:25 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2419
Experience: 3 - 5 years
I carry an Taurus ultralight 38 revolver with a laser sight. In a moment of need I cant see myself trying to line up the sights, especially since I need reading glasses to see the end of the revolver and then the glasses distort anything past the end of the sight.
I don't use it for target practice as it hurts my hand after a few rounds. However I have a sentimental affection for it, since its my first ever gun.
I am considering adding a glock 17.
Being a lefty, most guns are arse backwards for me..but somehow I manage to keep up with the re-certification of my firearms endorsement in spite of my deficiencies.
I also have pepper spray and a 800K watt stun baton added to my arsenal. Still looking for a place to get a stun gun ( not taser) training certification, however I havent found any classes for it.
Jenifer

DCJS 99-183465
Virginia

Last edited by ladysurveil on Mon 19 Jan 2009 21:24, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon 19 Jan 2009 19:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Another lefty.. Welcome to the club :)

" Yeah, I see ya, you ding dong..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion