Special Agent? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Apr 2005 07:24 
in memoriam

I can advise as to why Chapman is no longer wearing the badge with the Colorado state seal... its because of a complaint I filed against him with the Office of the Colorado Secretary of State who issued him a 'cease-and-desist' last year. He was cautioned that if he continues to wear the state seal on his badge the matter would be turned over to the Colorado Attorney General's office for action. In fact, my complaint pissed Chapman off so much he telephoned Tom Evangelista (HBO's Family Bonds) who, in turn, telephoned me to say Chapman complained that I was (and I quote) "... causing him a lot of grief"; Chapman called Evangelista because he knows Evangelista and I have known each other for many years. Whenever I wrote against Chapman and his henchmen and/or filed a complaint I always sent the first copy to Chapman. It is illegal in every state in these United States for a BEA to have a state seal on their badge. Period.

As regards the word 'officer' on a badge... I won't even dignify that with an arguement against. The definition of officer does not make such a badge illegal though, the definition being... "One who holds an office; a person lawfully invested with an office, whether civil, military, or ecclesiastical; as, a church officer; a police officer; a staff officer." Common sense would dictate that a BEA should not wear a badge reading 'officer' but common sense is a rarity amongst the populace.

I do recall where it began (as far as I know)... many years ago NIC (a supplier) in Louisiana came out with the first badge I ever heard of or seen with Bail Enforcement Officer imprinted. Since that badge type is still available its obvious that "idiots" buy and display them so suppliers will continue to sell the badge.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 07 Apr 2005 14:19 

This is Kelly Cresswell I was formerly with a company which used titles such as Special Agent, Major, Captain etc. After being with them for several years I left due to personal reasons but realized that the comments that I was getting from seasoned agents like L.A.W. and others were right. There is no reason to use any title that could be misconstrued as a law enforcement officers title. I do apoligize to those who have dealt with my postings in the past and now have a better understanding of what they were saying, so now I am coming to you all as Kelly P. Cresswell, Bail Enforcement Agent and hope that this will clear up the confusion. Thanks to all who did try and warn me about using titles as such other then BEA or FRA and to be honest I really did not realize the impact that you were saying it had on the profession and the industry as a whole. Again I apoligize and will strive hard to bring professionlism to the company I am now with and they do not use and titles that could be screwed around with and mistaken as LE agents or officers. I am glad I have had the opportunity to hear from so many on this subject and do regret my arrogance and ignorance to this issue, using titles such as Officer, Captain, Special Agent is not doing you any good other than making you look foolish. I do however hope that the veterans that so freely posted regarding my titles that I was instructed to use by my superiors in the past will understand and have a little mercy on me since I am still relatively new at this profession only being in since 1999 and have only worked actively since 2001. I hope that I do get the chance to work with all of you and can assure you I will never be attached to a bogus company that uses false titles to attempt to make them look better. I hope all of you understand I am no longer affiliated with that agency and do not want to be criticized forever because of a "rookie" mistake please forgive me for the confusion that was made during my tenure with that agency.

Respectfully Yours,
Kelly P. Cresswell
Bail Enforcement Agent
NRS, Inc.
www.nrsrepo.com

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Thu 07 Apr 2005 14:27 
    in memoriam

You are well on your way to becoming a pro, Kelly Cresswell.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Last edited by L.A.W. on Thu 07 Apr 2005 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Thu 07 Apr 2005 14:32 

Mr wilkinson thank you for that posting and I truly hope to be recognized as a true professional soon. I look forward to working with professionals such as yourself in the future and hope that we are all successful in this industry. God Bless and Happy Hunting

Kelly P. Cresswell

Post subject: Reply
     Post Posted: Thu 07 Apr 2005 14:59 
    Advanced Poster
    Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
    Experience: More than 10 years
    I applaud Kelly for his humble and sincere reply, it takes a lot of courage to come to an open forum and admit your past mistakes, I think every BEA has gone through learning experiences that have caused them to change or improve the way they do certain things I know I have.

Post subject: Indeed
     Post Posted: Thu 07 Apr 2005 16:57 
    Senior Poster
    Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
    Experience: More than 10 years
    Certain people have trouble learning from their experiences and are even given to repeating the same mistakes in the face of logical counter-debate.

In Mr. Cresswell's case, it is very clear that he is capable of not just learning as he goes, but he is also capable of checking his pride at the forum door, which, in my opinion, is critical in remaining a student of not just bail but of many subjects to the extent that such virtues will most likely lead to Mr. Cresswell--at some point in the future--passing on what he has learned to new people--who may or may not listen :wink: .

Kelly, the wheel goes round full circle as you will see.

Rex

ps: Thanks for taking care of that 'thing' for me.

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Fri 08 Apr 2005 18:20 

Again I say to all of the BEA's who have commented to me over the past year thank you for your wisdom and experience it does go a long way with me that you took the time to help me straighten out my kinks in my professional chain, many thanks. I only hope to be as good as L.A.W. or Hadley Dorfman someday although they are in a class all of their own. I do however plan on bringing professionalism to the industry as a whole not to just BEA but all of bail. Remember guys I do know what I am doing job wise LOL Never ever will anyone know it all we are always learning, but if anyone ever needs work done in PENN, NYC, NJ, Southern Ohio please feel free to contact my agency I may not be the one to work the case but I can assure you that a professional Bail Enforcement Agent will be on the job and ready to serve you 24/7/365. Like I stated I am with a reputable company now and only hope that I am able to make the same impact I made previously with all of you only on a more profesional level and a respected level. One thing that bothers me is that I know that most of us who have done BEA work how we talk do you ever notice that the "wannabees" make us all look bad like the guys who couldn't pass the police academy tests so they checked the other box, some of us actually wanted to do this type of work and this type of work chooses you you do not choose it, you can either make it or break it here and we all know it is always a trial but nevertheless worth every bit of the headaches. I only hope those entering the profession have enough sense to listen to seasoned agents such as L.A.W. and Dorfman and hold on to the mighty knowledge that they offer, because when it comes dowen to it YOU WANT TO BE LIKED IN THIS INDUSTRY OR YOU WILL GO BELLY UP. Well this will be my last posting more than likely on this subject headed to NYC and NJ soon to work some cases wish me luck, Mr. Wilkinson and Mr. Dorfman thank you for your criticism it was well received and duly noted. God's Speed to you all and Be Safe

Kelly P. Cresswell
    Bail Enforcement Agent

Post subject: Kelly
     Post Posted: Sat 09 Apr 2005 10:34 
    in memoriam

Kelly glad to read you got it together and am progressing in our chosen field--I believe you are right on target with your assesment of the wannabe problem---there are plenty of so called bea training schools who are plain old bogus-sub standard instructors lack of knowledge and lack of real world experiance--one i can think of right away is the passic nj school who says anyone trained by them can work anywhere in the usa---absolute lies--until we can get a handle on this field and police it effectivly and show the public the real bea we are in major peril and can be legislated out of exsistance any time

by the way the name is hadley

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Tue 12 Apr 2005 12:25 

Hadley, thanks alot. Like I said I can only hope to be as well recognized and respected as you and Lance are in this industry, but I am work in progress LOL I appreciate you accepting me into this great profession and can assure you that any training I will be providing will not be a "certification" for all of USA since that is not feisable as we both know. I however am involved with an agency who offers an INTRODUCTION TO BAIL ENFORCEMENT SEMINAR not a certification class but a basic overview of the industry as a whole and things like NOT USING CERTAIN TITLES AS THEY WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE things like Taylor v. Taintor and arrest procedures etc. I hope to be successful at this seminar stuff as I was an Instructor for the other company that I worked for. I beleive that EXPEREINCED AGENTS should teach these classes and I feel after I have recognized what to do and not to do I will be good at helping others get into the industry and allow them to learn from my mistakes and from my successes. This is an interesting business we are in and we need to keep it professional the best we can, we don't need anymore NEGATIVE publicity especially in the media. I hope if I am ever in your area that I may get the chance to contact you and meet you in person to shake your hand as well as Lance (Great photo op with the two of you) LOL Because if it wasn't for seasoned agents as yourselves this biz would have long ago went belly up/ God Bless You and Yours and Safe Hunting

Kelly P. Cresswell
    Bail Enforcement Agent

Post subject: GOOD JOB
     Post Posted: Tue 12 Apr 2005 16:16 
    in memoriam

Kelly you are always welcome-call me anytime you are in north new england(mass -me-nh-vt) i would be glad to shake your hand and give you any assistance you need

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion