GOOD JOB • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Apr 2007 20:28 

Good job thats whats its all about

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Apr 2007 10:00 

Good Job CAZ!! 8)

Welcome to the board!

How were you treated in Mexico? What did you do down there as far as the law goes? Just curious for the future reference memory bank. :wink:

We had a similar chase in Dec '05. We had him on 50k for raping his 14yr old daughter. He was in a motor home. We were two months behind when we left MO on our way to a shot in the dark lead to Boise ID. Spent a day there and found out he went to Prescott AZ. We went there and spent two days finding the campground he had stayed in. He had left there two weeks earlier headed for Quartzsite AZ to join a "wagon train" headed for Argentina, but was having trouble getting a passport due to using a fake name. (Talk about making your butt pucker, you hear YOUR 50K skips headed to South America.) We beat it for Quartzsite, and by the grace of God, among a half million campers, we found him shortly after daylight on the first day. First campground, drove straight to him. 8) 6 days, 5300 miles, very little sleep. But hes in the pen now.

8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Apr 2007 17:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
I say AWESOME JOB Andy!

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 13 Apr 2007 07:42 

Thanks LuVonda. I wasnt trying to hijack the thread. I just have stuff pop in my head and it gets typed sometimes. LOL

BTW, I like your title in your signature line. Thats funny. 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 13 Apr 2007 07:55 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
AH . . . so someone besides me knows about the DDS Dept :wink:
I gave that title to an old boss of mine and he used it one time whenon the phone with an irate client that wanted to know exactly what department that he managed.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject: Story continued...
 Post Posted: Sun 13 May 2007 12:44 

So this is another article written by the reporter on the same day as a side story. Guess they don't have much to fill up their newspapers out there. 8)

----------------------------------------------------

"Bail Enforcement: More a lifestyle than a living."
By Larry Hendricks
Sun Staff Reporter
09/21/2005

Don't call him a bounty hunter. He prefers the term bail enforcement agent.

Josh Haarbrink, "26 going on 40," works for CV Enterprises, located in Vancouver, Wash. The business contracts with A-Affordable Bonds to track down bail jumpers.

He was reached by cell phone Tuesday afternoon, once his bail jumper had been takin into custody by local law enforcement. He was already on his way to Phoenix to catch a plane back to Vancouver.

The usual term for his live of work is bounty hunter. He prefers bail enforcement agent, because bounty hunter has such a bad reputation. He's been at it for four years.

"I got into it by accident," Haarbrink said. An acquaintance of his was quitting and suggested he put in for the job.

The works isn't easy, and the pay isn't good. He said his company works on a combination of retainer and commissions.

He would not say how much he makes, or how much he would make by his bail jumpers capture. But he did say that the industry's best hunting grounds -- California -- has bail enforcement agents making upwards of $50,000 a year.

"It's definitely not a career though," he said. "It's more of a hobby."

A kamjority of bail enforcement agents work part time, relying on other jobs to pay the bills. He said he works full time as a bail enforcement agent. He thrives on trying to track down people who've jumped bail.

Haarbrink's journey to track down Robert Ethetton began in Idaho. His quarry took him through Colorado, New Mexico and Mexico before turning back to Arizona. He's put in a lot of time on the road, conducting surveilance and talking with people who might have information on Ethetton.

He's single and doesn't have a family, he said. The lifestyle makes it impossible to have a family.

"Maybe someday," he added.

He said that his first oder of business once he's home will be to catch up on sleep. He's only slept 45 minutes in the last two days. He laughed and said he also said he needs a shower.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 13 May 2007 12:51 

Bail Mo wrote:
Good Job CAZ!! 8)

Welcome to the board!

How were you treated in Mexico? What did you do down there as far as the law goes? Just curious for the future reference memory bank. :wink:

We had a similar chase in Dec '05. We had him on 50k for raping his 14yr old daughter. He was in a motor home. We were two months behind when we left MO on our way to a shot in the dark lead to Boise ID. Spent a day there and found out he went to Prescott AZ. We went there and spent two days finding the campground he had stayed in. He had left there two weeks earlier headed for Quartzsite AZ to join a "wagon train" headed for Argentina, but was having trouble getting a passport due to using a fake name. (Talk about making your butt pucker, you hear YOUR 50K skips headed to South America.) We beat it for Quartzsite, and by the grace of God, among a half million campers, we found him shortly after daylight on the first day. First campground, drove straight to him. 8) 6 days, 5300 miles, very little sleep. But hes in the pen now.

8)

Hey thanks for the support!! Mexico was great. I actually had awsome support from a contact at the US Marshalls. I located the def in a town in Mexico by performing a cell phone ping. I went down there and worked the town for a week looking for him. Got lots of solid hits on him but it turned out I missed him by 2 or 3 days. While I was down there, I was passing information and leads to my Marshall contact who was in turn passing the info to his contact with the local police in the town. I actually followed the police around and watched them as they worked my leads but they never knew I was down there. Only got about 2 hours of sunbathing all together tho while I was down there. :wink:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion