Hunting Season is Officially Open • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Hunting Season is Officially Open
 Post Posted: Sun 19 Nov 2006 10:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
"Now 'tis the season for all good BEA's to step forward and return thier lost sheep to the fold"......lol. Ok. ok. so I Add-Libbed a little here. But my point is the same.

Most veteran BEA's know that the holiday season is prime-time hunting season. Myself and my team returned 3 "lost sheep" last year on T-day and caused a few others to turn themselves in after the holiday.

Most families, especially those that entertain, are mortally embarrassed when a team of bounty hunters show up at thier annual family reunion/holiday dinner inquiring about the missing guest of honour..the son, brother, uncle, aunt, daughter..whomever it may be. Especially if any of those relatives are leo's, judges, da's, attorney's, etc. Anything that can jeopardize thier livelihoods.

Better yet are in-laws or ex's that have a grudge against the fugitive... your "Judas" can often be found at these functions. Carry plenty of business cards and wanted posters, and advise the family that you will place the wanted poster in the Christmas edition of the local news paper....Most families, esp. here in the South, put a lot of stock in the family name/reputation. I have coerced a fugitive's location from family member's with this very tactic. Family's think that they are exempt from public scrutiny or exposure on minor offenses such as dui's, drugs, dv, etc. But when I threatened to publicize thier loved one in the weekly rag sheets, newspapers, crime stoppers, etc...then they usually surrender the fugitive.

So pick your toughest and oldest cases that you have left alone for a bit, stake out/surveil mom or grand-mom's house, and there's a great possibility your fugitive will show up.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 19 Nov 2006 11:50 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
What Ruffin said is usually very effective (with "normal" families), but the possibility exists that all hell could break loose if you show up at a "Jerry Springer" type families home on thanks giving.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Nov 2006 18:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Oh the names we are called for being such a cold hearted SOB on the holidays :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 28 Nov 2006 22:35 

I love it. Ive pissed off a few families myself. :twisted:

Probably the worst was a funeral. The guys mother died. I didnt take him out of the funeral home, but out of the parking lot.

He had it coming.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Nov 2006 09:52 

Hey, You didnt make him miss court :D

Hey, I agree sometimes they get bumb charges, Or charged for something they didnt do(it does happen)

But other than that, No one forced them to miss court.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Nov 2006 10:02 

Thats the way I look at it.

One of my favorites is "you lied to me", when you trick a skip or their friends. Like I commited a mortal sin. LOL They forget about the BIG lie they told me about being in court.

I always say, "It takes a lie to catch a liar." hehehe

Andy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 03 Dec 2006 09:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You should hear the names when you pick them up at a funeral or their mothers wake! They will not allow me to put into the print the names and words used but it is worse than the holiday's that are ruined and twice as funny!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 03 Dec 2006 10:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
LOL, ... As usual Bob, your right on the money. I had my first a few month's ago. I tracked my skip to North Carolina as he was living with his drug addicted mother well off the radar. It was also only a 5000.00 bond and not worth for the bondsman to send me, as i was looking forward to meeting Max A. Well, she OD'ed and after the county autoptsy was preformed, i got word they were coming north for a 2 hr viewing in Newark NJ. Feeling a little sorry for them, i initially figured i'd pop him after the service, but after consulting Hadley and following his good advice, we took him that morning as he was arriving in the parking lot, 1 hour late, lol. After securing him in the van , under the watchful eye of my german shephard, out came the banche's, screaming and threatening just short of a riot. We learned some new ebonicised curse word's that day for sure. lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 03 Dec 2006 11:19 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Yak I always give them the standard response "When they did the crime they did not care about what was going on with the victims at the time so why should I care!" I also let them know that when someone is on the run there are no such things as holidays or days that are exempt from them being arrested. I know they have already told me "cold hearted SOB" :D

Post subject: heart
 Post Posted: Mon 04 Dec 2006 07:13 
in memoriam

When it comes to bail jumping pos i have no heart i will take them out of anywhere i can do it safely holidays, funerals all are fair game--it comes back to my belief the skip initiated the reaction by his action of missing court--i will go into church,temple,synagoge,mosak i do not believe in nor do i agree with sancuary and it is not a legal point of law in most states

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion