help? • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: help?
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 10:51 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Hey there i am 26 yr old from arizona, and would like to become a b.e.a/f.r.a. or bounty hunter. Can anyone here help me out and let me know what i need to do exactly? I have seen the online seminars, but can't find any actual academy's near me, to go to in person? do you think i would be wasting my money on these online courses? Also I have read that some states have different rules about becoming a F.R.A.. It's been a pain in the butt trying to find out all the exact info that i need in becoming a F.R.A., if anyone can help me out with information it would be great. Thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 10:54 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
there is a thread on this forum entitled "BEA faq's". Read that and it will give you some guidance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 30 Nov 2006 19:11 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

thanks that did help me out some, but everywhere i am looking says you need a license to be a b.e.a. in arizona, yet i cant find what exactly you need, to get this license, or any form or application to be one. I read other places that you dont really need a license, can anyone help me out and answer this for me? As i am really serouis about getting in this line of work. I do know that you have to get fingerprinted and take a passport sized picture and send it in for fbi processing, and also get a ccw permit,is a good start with obvouisly the B.E.A. seminars, but need to know what else if anything i need to do? I mostly need information on getting the license. any help would be very appreciated!!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 01 Dec 2006 20:07 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1343
Experience: More than 10 years
That's the easy part. You need to go down to the State Department on Insurance office in your city. They might even mail you the forms. You ask for a Bail recovery Agent form or BRA. You will need to get a set of fingerprints and they will do a background check. You will also need to include a couple of passport photo's. And a fee of about $28.00 to process.
You might want to get a receipt because they will send you nothing. You will only get called if you do not pass the background. Once you have this you can start work that day if you can find someone to hire you on. I had them send me a letter saying I was on file, this saves times with Bail Enforcement Agents that might hire you and Bail bondsman. If you get hired the Agent or Bondsman must send a Bail agent utilization form to make you legal on a case.This must be done within 24 hrs. This goes to the Bail recovery Team. You must also have a certified copy of the bail bond and a authorization to arrest form. Next step find a good school. I went to an online school because I was in a hurry, and then found one to attend in person. " I also had some pryor training which helped with credibility." This my friend is the easy part. Next getting a job. There are only about 160 bail bondsmen in the State of Arizona. So you will have to to work hard to get a case. Also there are a few well know Bail Enforcement Agents around the state that you will need to butter up and convence them to let you work for free and bring them coffee and wash there car just so you can be the 3rd man on a team. Then maybe second man. If your still around after that you must visit the Bail bondsman with your business cards in hand and try to get cases. This process is roughly like asking for spare change on the street. "Then maybe one day one will toss you the worst case they have."Take it."Spend time on it. Lose money on it. But if you should pick up the fugitive you may get just enough credibility to get a second no money case. Then you build an inch at a time. I hope this helps some.

Mark C. Cavendish is a Certified Fugitive Recovery Agent, P.O.S.T. Certified by the State of Colorado and registered with the Arizona Department of Insurance. Member of the National Surety Investigators Network #MC806, The U.S. Professional Bail Bond Investigators Association, and a Life Member of The U.S. Coalition of Bail recovery Agents "Cobra" Control # 1058. Serveing Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.
phone 520.850.7490 24/7/365

"Sub Rosa"

Last edited by mark cavendish on Sun 03 Dec 2006 05:34, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 02 Dec 2006 00:26 
Posting Newbie
Posting Newbie

Thanks thats does help me out alot!! I appreciate it!! As for the back ground check i'm sure i will pass, at my last job i had to do all the fingerprinting and stuff, because i installed house alarms,survellince camera's, cable and phones lines. As for the whole paying your dues and kissing butt, i can understand that too as i was a professional wrestler for 3 years and have had to do that before, back when i was getting trained, it's not fun, but you gotta learn somehow. Anyways once again thanks, for the information. :lol:

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion