Weapons and CCW • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Weapons and CCW
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 17:50 

This may be an old discussion on here, I dont know. Just thought I would bring it up.

Do you folks carry CCW on a daily basis? If so, what do you carry and how? Do you carry something different when working? If so, what and how? Just curious.

I carry practially 24/7. Were lucky enough in MO to have the states attorney to actually hire someone to work with other states getting our license recognized in as many places a possible. From what I understand, we now are tied with FL and UT as being able to carry in the most states.

I carry a Tarus PT 145, 45 ACP, on a daily basis and when working. No change. Either in a IWB or a high ride belt slide at about the 4 oclock position, under my shirt tail. I really like this little gun. Small, shoots good and holds 11 rounds. My favorite way to carry it is on the belt slide. Very comfortable and when dressing casual, conceals well. I was carrying a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in 44spl, but I gave it away to a friend of mine. He carries it now.

Also, I have a little Beretta Bobcat 22lr, 8 shot semi auto I carry in my back pocket alot. I know its not much, but better than throwing rocks. Its also handy if Im wearing shorts or at the beach, ect.... I can conceal it just about anywhere. I dont carry it full time, but quite often.

Sometimes I will carry my Glock 17 as well, with a 17rd clip. This is only rarely if were going into a known dangerous situation. I just carry it in a pancake holster open. I also have a Rem 870 shotgun with an extended tube and 19"bbl, loaded with #4 buck. Again, this is only for those rare occaisons. Good back door gun.

Thankfully, I havent had to use one. Hope I never do. I can count on one hand how many times I have had to draw it on someone. I do take it out once in a while if I get that eerie feeling when searching a house, just in case.

Most all of the time, you would never know I carry a weapon period. I keep it concealed well and kinda feel nekked without it. :D

Andy

Post subject: guns
 Post Posted: Fri 17 Nov 2006 20:00 
in memoriam

andy good choice on weapons--my team carries sig 220 in pancake or blackhawk serpa holsters with retension device-I carry either a kimber pro carry or a colt combat commander enhanced from the custom shop at colt--i carry with a mitch rosen iwb holster only--sometimes we carry kel tec p3at 380 as back up--we also have bennelli m3 tactical 12 guage semi auto pump shotgun and 2 bushmaster m4 ar-i5 carbines with halo site on one and an acog 4x32 on the other--our shotgun and ars also are equiped with m6 tac lites w/laser--all ars and shotgun remain in the vehicle--we also have 2 tazers, 1 netgun, pepper ball gun, oc , batons and assorted less lethal ammo---all of these toys are of little use with out a working head--the most important weapon we have is tactical training and thought--most situations that occur is because we failed to plan correctly--all of this glitter makes for a good tv show but without good quality training it becomes a serious threat to the user--

also a good resource for reciprosity for ccw is packing.org they have very up to date info--also in some jurisdictions even though you have a ccw just showing the weapon can cause a criminal charge

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 17 Nov 2006 20:17 

Thanks HG. Do you carry all the time?

There is a site called Missouricarry.com. One of the head guys there actually was very active in getting MO CCW passed and works with the AGs office on reciprocity. I rely pretty well on him. He has copies of the actual letters between the states if you need them.....

Our guys all carry different weapons. I keep the "toy" box in my car. Just one tazer, everyone has stun guns and pepper spray. The two main guys that go with me each have shotguns. Like you, the shotguns stay in the car most of the time. Only when were actually hitting a house do we get them out. I like to try and make arrests when I can catch them off guard, in public, if possilbe. Lot less chance of things getting crazy. I dont carry a baton. Just a huge maglite. Dual purpose. :)

I would like a pepper ball gun or something along those lines. Had a guy in a crawl space a while back. Like to have never got him out. He crawled all the way to the other end of the house. I finally blocked all the holes and vents and sprayed three cans of spray in there. It took a while, but he came out. I left one vent open on the end where he was to get the suck going. It worked but a pepper projectile would have been much more efficent.

One thing that works good for me, and this is getting off the subject of this thread, is I dont write that many bonds anymore. So, the skip doesnt have a clue what I look like. I try to dress the part for whatever area were in. Usually jeans and tshirts. Biggest part of the time I can walk right up to them, if Ive done my homework, and have them bagged and tagged before they realize whats up. Then, I do most of the driving, they hardly get a good look at my face or hardly ever know my name. I like it like that. :) Thats why the CCW thing with notthing showing Im up to anything works good for me. Thats my favorite way to work things, and can alot of the time, like I said, if Ive done my homework correctly.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 17 Nov 2006 20:20 

BTW, the belt slide holster I like so well is a Galco. I really like those holsters. Well made. Just thought I would add that....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 17 Nov 2006 20:40 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1343
Experience: More than 10 years
I have the Ruger P91 and p97; one is a .40cal the other a .45. They are the same type of pistol so I don't have to learn anything new. I use the Fobus holster as well as an Uncle Mikes tripple retention holster on my duty belt. I have a 16 inch ASP baton and a couple of leather saps from my days on the reservation. I also carry a Remmington 870 12 ga. and a Ruger mini 14 ranch model in .223. I carry the basic amout of oc pepper spray, two pair of handcuffs, leg cuffs, and some plastic cuffs. A couple of big flashlights, a spotlight And a threat-level III vest from Pointblank body armor. I also carry a backup gun which is a .45/.410 ga. derringer from American firearms in a wallet holster that I carry most of the time.

Mark C. Cavendish is a Certified Fugitive Recovery Agent, P.O.S.T. Certified by the State of Colorado and registered with the Arizona Department of Insurance. Member of the National Surety Investigators Network #MC806, The U.S. Professional Bail Bond Investigators Association, and a Life Member of The U.S. Coalition of Bail recovery Agents "Cobra" Control # 1058. Serveing Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.
phone 520.850.7490 24/7/365

"Sub Rosa"

Post subject: carry
 Post Posted: Sat 18 Nov 2006 00:03 
in memoriam

Andy i have carried since 1972-s&w model 10 4 inch 38 special(1st duty weapon) and i still carry 24/7 today--we are in a proffession where we are not well liked by some people and nh is a small state--you never know who you will bump into at a local resturant or an auto parts store so i do carry all the time--i would rather leave a place than have an incident but sometimes you plain old can not sao artillery comes in handy--it is a little scary looking down the barrel of a 45 and tends to make the bad guys wet their pants--if you have to hold some one at gunpoint always have the pd notified so your side is told first

the reason all my team carries sig 220 is for mags if one person runs out another person can give him their spare + nh is the home of sig arms and i believe sig is one of the best handguns made

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 18 Nov 2006 15:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
OK guys, enough bragging. In California, we can't even own some of the nice toys, I mean tools of the trade, that you have.

We can't own or possess anything that looks like a military rifle. Oh yes we were to register the "assault" rifles and the State would leave us alone. Lately, if you are arrested for anything and they know you have an assault weapon, its confiscated and you don't get it back!

The good news or bad, however you want to look at it is, that now we have the gun grabbing leaders like Pelosi, Tauscher, Waxman, Feinstein, Boxer from CA and Hilary, Conyers, Kennedy, Rangel in charge of congress. The s@#$ will soon hit the fan nationwide.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 18 Nov 2006 16:32 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Now is the time to buy everything you can while you can, then when the stuff does hit the fan, you hide the "toys" until the next election when we can vote the "Nazis" out.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Nov 2006 13:02 

I agree, there are a couple of new toys I have been wanting that I had better move on.

I have always wanted an AR15. Not so much for work but play. I like to call coyotes in my free time. It seems like it would be fast handling and just plain looks cool. LOL I would probably have it rebarreled to either 17Rem or 204 Ruger. Those are the calibers I call with now. More fur freindly than the 223.

And, I want a Barrett 50 BMG. Just because I dont have one. Maybe its a Tim the Toolman Taylor, More Power, thing. LOL

I would say those wont be available to dangerous people like me to play with in the near future. You know, I might fire more than one round at something or shoot a target at a half mile. We wouldnt want that now would we. :evil:

Bastards.

Andy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 25 Nov 2006 13:08 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I don't necessarily carry 24/7, but I always have one within reach in my desk drawer and vehicle. My preference for concealed is my little Keltec .32 that I keep loaded with hollow points. Small gun, fits right into my back pocket, and carries a BIG punch.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion