Body Size and Weight • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 13:24 

Your good too Randy. Ill vouch for ya... 8)

Post subject: garbage
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 13:45 
in memoriam

duty-utility-bat belts do not belong in this business--we are not swat--we carry our handguns under our shirts or iwb holsters --cuffs go in pockets or behind our back oc and or batons go into our pockets--badges are on neck chains and hidden unit time of arrest--if you want to wear bdus an act like swat become a cop and join a swat team--there are times that that type of dress is appropreate but not very often--some one just said they do not believe in bullet resistant vests--find a new job -- in this job all it takes is once and your history--please rethink your position on vests--it can save your life

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 13:54 

Find a new job? Feeling a bit high and mighty?

Sorry, but I dont take too good to rude people. Im doing fine. I do have a vest and wear it if I think the situation warrants it. But I dont wear it everyday.

Ill keep my job, with or without your approval.

Post subject: rude
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 14:21 
in memoriam

Andy that comment was not meant to be rude--i have been wearing a vest since 1972(nypd street cop-detective) and and continue to wear it today as a bea--i have seen people killed when arresting a traffic infraction subject -- here in NH we just lost a friend(manchester police officer) who was shot in the head--i do not want to hear about a fellow bea that died needlessly AGAIN ALL I SAY ALL IT TAKES IS ONE SHOT-most likely from a scared decent citizen who is out of his head and your history period no second chance--I have killed six people in my pd career and have had multiple gunfights 2 were with first time offenders muling large amounts of crack--give yourself all the edge you can----dead is gone forever a vest is uncomfortable for a short time--why play russian roulette with your life or the life of another team member that gets in deep du-du when you go down after being hit with a 22 when trying to arrest a good citizen for 3rd dwi and he knows he is going to jail for 1 year and is scared sh-tless.--after some thought i did want to be rude i want all beas to be vested--we lose enough good people by accident-we should not cause our own death by being stupid nor do i want a newbie to read this and say i do not need to invest in a good vest--and by the way i earned the right to be rude especially when it involves one of us--

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 14:32 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
I will never leave without my vest, I don't care if it is to pick-up a little old lady on a jay walking charge.

Hgunner yes you have earned the right.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 15:22 

You know, in the 2D format of these forums, sometimes things get taken the wrong way. The comment that got me was the get a new job. I re read and see what you were trying to say. I still think it could have been said a bit differently, but whatever. Also, I do know I have a tendency to react a little quick sometimes on these things, especially when Im busy and/or frustrated, like today. LOL

As for my comment about the vest, I re read that too. I can see how that was taken wrong. I was meaning that I dont go around dressed like a swat team member on a daily basis. I see some that do that and its kind of embarassing, to me anyway.

FWIW, I know Im new here and Ill tell ya a bit about myself. Im just now completing my 7th yr in this business. My partner has been in the business since 1982 and was a chief deputy before that. I have had good training both formal and more important, hands on. I must be doing something right. I was having a conversation with a member of this board via email and PMs a couple weeks back and looked back at my records. On that day, I went back to the same day in 2005, since then I had cleared 127 forfeitures for our company. Not all arrests. Thats including arrests, talking them in, whatever it took. I farmed two out to outside BEAs but the rest I have done with the aid of which ever agent wrote the particular bond. Thats a pretty typical year for us, percentage wise. Were still hiring new agents and expanding.

Like I said, take it for what its worth. Just thought maybe that would help a little since I am new here. But far from new in the business. Im not a rookie and not a "cowboy". Just a counrty boy trying to raise a family and keep a successful business on track. No frills here.

As for the vest, I do have one, like I said. I do wear it when I feel the need. I may get killed tonight, I guess, but Ive gotten by on my instincts pretty well thus far. Im really glad I found this place. Its nice to have people that are professional in the business to talk to. Its so cutthroat around here locally that another company is as likely to buy a skip a plane ticket to Mexico as to help you find one. Sad.

On the lighter side, speaking of picking up little old ladies, I had a tense situation with one a few years back. I bonded a 80yr old lady out for not paying a speeding ticket. She didnt go to court. My partner and I went to her house to get her to go in, didnt even plan on arresting her. I was met at the door by her with a shotgun!! She said she wasnt speeding, wasnt paying and wasnt going to court. Well, I didnt want to be known as the guy that shot the 80yr old lady, but sure as hell didnt want to be the guy SHOT by the 80yr old lady. LOL Anyway, we got her calmed down and LE came and took her in. So yeah, you gotta watch those old ladies!!

BTW, you do have an impressive record, from what I have seen. I still dont agree that gives you the right to be rude? JMHO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Nov 2006 17:12 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1343
Experience: More than 10 years
"Well feller's I've been a few scrapes myself, however the closest to death I've come, is trying to take a good pee in one of those tiny little stalls in a full uniform including a great big ole DUTYBELT with pistol, cuffs, oc spray, cell phone, mag clips, radio,and flashlight." I thought I might not escape, but someday someone may find me here. "Oh the problems with being a Big man."

Mark C. Cavendish is a Certified Fugitive Recovery Agent, P.O.S.T. Certified by the State of Colorado and registered with the Arizona Department of Insurance. Member of the National Surety Investigators Network #MC806, The U.S. Professional Bail Bond Investigators Association, and a Life Member of The U.S. Coalition of Bail recovery Agents "Cobra" Control # 1058. Serveing Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.
phone 520.850.7490 24/7/365

"Sub Rosa"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 29 Nov 2006 18:17 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Saw this thread and I just had to pipe in!

6'4" 370lbs. HGUNNER uses me for cover and concealment!

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion