possible public, pvt. partnerships • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 20 Oct 2006 11:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I understand that there is a program in Idaho that uses the private sector. It works the same as for us no body no booty and the payment comes form money collected from bail bond forfeitures.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 24 Oct 2006 23:33 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1343
Experience: More than 10 years
There is a meeting friday morning at 11.00 a.m. at the courts building. More Information should surface after that. If anything solid comes of it, I will send it out. I heard some talk today they were talking about running it through the old Tucson city Marshall office, which to my knowledge was shut down many years ago. I will keep interest folks informed.

Mark C. Cavendish is a Certified Fugitive Recovery Agent, P.O.S.T. Certified by the State of Colorado and registered with the Arizona Department of Insurance. Member of the National Surety Investigators Network #MC806, The U.S. Professional Bail Bond Investigators Association, and a Life Member of The U.S. Coalition of Bail recovery Agents "Cobra" Control # 1058. Serveing Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.
phone 520.850.7490 24/7/365

"Sub Rosa"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 24 Oct 2006 23:48 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I will try and get out authorization out here for everyone's use. It's pretty standard for an insurance company and bondman's use, and should work pretty much anywhere.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 27 Oct 2006 09:59 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I just got an email back from the Arizona Board of Tech. Registration (which I had emailed a few weeks ago).

This is their reply:

Don:

We do not have any contracts, or plans to initiate any contracts, with agencies to do follow up on meth sites.

We have a unique group in Arizona. The Arizona Rangers are recognized in state statutes as a civilian law enforcement support group organized as a 501 C. 3 and authorized to provide support services to any federal, state or local law enforcement agency in Arizona.

I got the Attorney General’s Office to say that investigations of the meth lab sites was a support to the state law enforcement community and was an appropriate use of the Rangers and then talked them into doing the investigations. I then forward the results to the seizing agency. There is no contract and it is not subject to procurement regulations.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Ron Dalrymple

Executive Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 27 Oct 2006 13:19 
in memoriam

man, I could have gone all day without hearing that. I'm glad they responded anyway. This idea was still being talked about aroud hear recently. I hope for better news to come out of the city courts meeting.

Mark C. Cavendish is a Certified Fugitive Recovery Agent, P.O.S.T. Certified by the State of Colorado and registered with the Arizona Department of Insurance. Member of the National Surety Investigators Network #MC806, The U.S. Professional Bail Bond Investigators Association, and a Life Member of The U.S. Coalition of Bail recovery Agents "Cobra" Control # 1058. Serveing Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.

"Sub Rosa"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 31 Oct 2006 01:07 
in memoriam

The news out of the meeting at the courts bld. fri. was murkey at best. The Judge does not want to make anyone sworn officers of the court, they did not overcome any of the leagal issues. They want to go ahead but all the details as to how have not been settled. "Know one knows anymore than before."

"Sub Rosa"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 31 Oct 2006 10:35 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
My guess would be due to the liability issues involved. if you are licensed, insured and bonded, that may be a selling point for you. That you are willing to assume any and all liability for any lawsuits that arise out of the apprehensions/investigations. That may cause the city attorney to breathe a little easier.

Like I said before though, I would never make such a deal. To me, if the community wants private leo's, then they must be willing to take on some of the assumption of liability.

Another angle may be that you can get the sheriff to swear in a posse. Therefore you are not sworn leo's, you are a member of a civilian unit organized to assist the sheriff as needed. Then if the sheriff says go find these guys, well there you go.

Just rambling ideas.....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 31 Oct 2006 17:21 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
A question about liability insurance. Many of you are PI's and have liability insurance for that work. Has your insurer stated that the policy will cover you for bail fugitive recovery work also?

Here is CA and in the rest of the U.S., insurers will not cover bail recovery. Thats unless someone knows of a insurance company that does write such policy for bail recovery only.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion