do you need to take classes to get bailbond license NJ • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: do you need to take classes to get bailbond license NJ
 Post Posted: Fri 20 Oct 2006 07:20 

Hey all,
Im new to this site and glad to see there is a site to help each other in this field.
I was just recently hired by a company in New Jersey and was told that i had to take a class that is offered for $495.00 as a refresher course it seems for the state test that you have to take.
Here is my questions.
1 i heard from different people that you dont need a license to be a bail agent, But then hear other wise from others ? which is correct ?
2) do i need to take this expensive course or will the state allow me to study on my own and just go in and take it ?
Can you be also so kind as to provide me with a link to where the state site is where i would get the registration online or form for the state exam and any other info that they may provide on bi-laws and so forth for this license?
Thank you kindly all

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 20 Oct 2006 15:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
This is a question for Yak.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 20 Oct 2006 19:21 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
Stay away from the alleged "school" USRB.

Post subject: nj
 Post Posted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 07:17 
in memoriam

Get in touch with YAK on this site he was instamental in getting the NJ law in line--as far as I know right now a new bea law will come into effect on jan 1 2007 so find out about the requirements-i belive it states that you must have been a sworn police officer for 5 years to qualify for a bea license but Yak would be able to help you the most

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 07:17 

Mindtracker wrote:
Stay away from the alleged "school" USRB.

This is exactly what i thought as well and have heard. But to find out now that there is some sort of test here in New Jersey. But i cant find the damn webpage that offers any insight to this test nor registration info for this test.
I dont know why this is becoming such a hard progect. I have checked on the NJ website of insurance as well as countless sherrifs and police boards that offer info on PI license. Figured that it would be on that site as well.
Never the less if anyone has any info on a site that offers online info and registration for this test i would greatly appreciate it.
Im not paying close to $500.00 for 2 day class on how to wave a boton LOL>
Thanks again

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 21 Oct 2006 08:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Experience: More than 10 years
rnj305,
If i read your question correctly, for writing bonds???, if so ........
Contact Richard Blender, .... The leading Bail lawyer in the state. He taught the required 16 hour class himself back a while ago which i believe was $275.00, out of Paterson NJ. I believe they're are other courses available in central Jersey if the locale is easier for you. Give him a shout & he'll fill you in. If he is still teaching , i highly recommend him as to the quality of your education.
As Warned ...... Stay away from USRB .... period.

NJ Division of Insurance - Producer EducationBlender Esq., Richard P *, 100 Hamilton Plaza, Ste 1212, Paterson, NJ, 07505, (973) 279-2227. Diversified Marketing Inc,. Michael Rose, 1136 Clifton Avenue ...
www.nj.gov/dobi/ins_pass.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
If you need further assistance, feel free to call me at, (201) 538 -2947.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion