possible public, pvt. partnerships • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 Oct 2006 18:27 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1343
Experience: More than 10 years
I will get that information out the moment I have it. When I heard they were thinking of doing this and started calling around, I found this is something they want to do. And they are motivated to solve. There is a large back log in pima county, and the smaller towns to the south east have been overcome by a sudden growth. There is also a need On the Reservations and tribal court etc. An area I have done a lot of work in past so I can hit the ground running. Of course working on the reservation and along the boarder has I often do has it's own set of problems and rules. But when I get something solid in writing I will fax it, email it , mail it. But one way or the oter I will get it in your hands. Mark "Tiny" Cavendish

Mark C. Cavendish is a Certified Fugitive Recovery Agent, P.O.S.T. Certified by the State of Colorado and registered with the Arizona Department of Insurance. Member of the National Surety Investigators Network #MC806, The U.S. Professional Bail Bond Investigators Association, and a Life Member of The U.S. Coalition of Bail recovery Agents "Cobra" Control # 1058. Serveing Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.
phone 520.850.7490 24/7/365

"Sub Rosa"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 Oct 2006 19:23 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

That would be much appreciated Mark, thank you.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 Oct 2006 19:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Allen County has closer to 9000 active warrants to date. I would say that a body attachment warrant (This is a warrant that creditors use) make up around 100 new warrants per week. and is very low in priority. Wants & Warrants division in Allen county is a skeleton crew due to budget cuts over the years. All city and county warrants are handled by the Allen County Sheriff's Office, also city and county lock-up are maned by the county, most of the Jailers are private citizens hired to be Jailers at $13.65 an hour.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 Oct 2006 19:49 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

wow... last I checked allen had a little over 7000 and that was about 3 or 4 months ago. Last year it was in the 6000 range.

Man they are really racking up the warrants LOL.

But then again, with a skeleton crew, I don't know if they can ever clear them up. At their rate they are going to top 10k by the end of the year.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 Oct 2006 20:03 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
A good friend of the family heads up the Wants & Warrant division for Allen County it seems they only have 6 officers allotted to that division full time down from 32 in previous years.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Oct 2006 01:26 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Colorado allows BEA's to be hired by Court Officials (Judges or DA's) to enforce FTA warrants. It still falls under BE laws, and not under any other local LE rights to arrest (non-FTA warrants). We haven't pursued this since our local DA is very difficult to deal with on any level. He is about the only local person that I have a problem with. He disagrees with my (occasional) requirements to get a case done with in an expedient manner, if a bond agreement has certain (agreed upon with the plaintiff and/or cosigner) requirements, so that the person can get into treatment in a timely manner, or other necessary requirements based on their needs. Although this DA's main goal is to get a conviction of some sort on any defendant, he refuses to work with me on filing charges of "harboring or abetting a fugitive" no matter what proof I provide. I have researched and provided statutatory laws on the few ocassions that he has approached me, even though I get nothing in return unless the court orders it.

Some people are just too into themselves to work well with others. He may have a "job to do" but I get my business because everyone knows that I am honest, upfront, and fair. I go out of my way to get continuances on court dates, reinstate bonds, rebond "screw ups" as long as my clients are honest and work with me. If they "run" and I have to chase them, they go back to jail, and I have the contacts to see that they stay there. I have "the" reputation in my AO. If I refuse a bond, anyone is stupid to do it. If they run on me, I WILL find them, and nobody else (except an idiot) will get them out. This happens sometimes, and the local attitude is that the agent who bonded them is an idiot, and they have no local support or assistance.

Even the agent that I previously wrote for wrote bonds on people that I rejected, and he was proven wrong. Fortunately for him, we managed to resolve those, although not a few other stupid ones that he wrote, without thorough background checks. Working in BE is an invaluable experience in knowing who to bond, and what paperwork to get along with personal feelings and experiences.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Oct 2006 06:47 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Kathy,

Perhaps you could e-mail the laws/contracts/procedures that you refer to allowing BEA's to perform FTA arrests to anyone who wants them. This way Mr. Cavendish could take those as an example to his potential clients as a model for them to use and adopt into thier city or county statutes.

Don could also benefit from them, again as a model, to take to his people there in Indianna.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Oct 2006 12:17 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

That would be nice.

- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Oct 2006 14:38 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1343
Mam, that sure would be a big help. I would pay postage and any expense.My address is listed. And thank you for thinking of that Mindtracker. "When I was in Sells yesterday I had copies of the Wilkinson and Venator books in my briefcase to refer to some of the forms when a staffer asked me if he could make copies of them. "I said ok, but I'm thinking man have we got a long way to go when they are asking me for reference material.

Mark C. Cavendish is a Certified Fugitive Recovery Agent, P.O.S.T. Certified by the State of Colorado and registered with the Arizona Department of Insurance. Member of the National Surety Investigators Network #MC806, The U.S. Professional Bail Bond Investigators Association, and a Life Member of The U.S. Coalition of Bail recovery Agents "Cobra" Control # 1058. Serveing Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.
phone 520.850.7490 24/7/365

"Sub Rosa"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 Oct 2006 16:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
I don't think they will start contracting out outstanding warrants here in CA. Our county has 25,000 at last count and Alameda county (Oakland) had over 50,000. I forgot San Francisco and LA's numbers.

If this catches on across the U.S. we may see it here in CA. Nahhhh CA is too PC for that.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion