Question for Mr. Dorfman • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 16:18 

Mr. Hedrick,

If you happen to know of anyone that needs agents in the Northeast section of the Country from Baltimore and Above, We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We also Provide Close Protection Services as well. We travel Internaitonally. Thank you again for the kind words, and as for the new guy looking to get a start, BECAREFUL !! There are Bodyguard Companies out there as well that will take your money and run and leave you with a certified piece of paper that is not worth the cost of the paper to put it on. If you need any advise about schooling for bodyguard work, you can research that with Harlan ' Hucky ' Austin on Bodyguardcareers.com Mr. Austin is a former bodyguard of Prince and has been in that industry for many years. You will find his site informative about training when it comes to that industry as well.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 18:36 
in memoriam

In reference to the skip who called to be booked in... we had a skip a while ago in Burlington, Vermont, who ran to the PD in nearby Milton, Vermont scared to death. He asked to be locked up because the "body snatchers" were after him!

We had another who thought he was only going to sign "papers" leave Canada and meet us at the border. When he crossed into the USA, he got grabbed. He was safe in Canada. What an idiot!

Yet another took a bus from Tennessee believing he was going to be "re-bailed". We met him at the bus station and brought him to a State Police barracks where he is serving a few years in prison.

There are a lot of these stories through the years. I should write a book about them.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 19:20 

Mr. Wilkinson,

You are 100% correct. There are many out there and I do love hearing about all of them. This is good when the stories are told and the new guys can see that and get a few hints and pointers so they can try some of these tactics to bring their fugitives in. I had one guy, very new to the business, got his start-up money from his parents, he was 25 yrs old. Asked me one day why everyone he has been bailing out skips on him, I said in a laughing voice, " then stop bailing out the ones you know will run ". It was like a get out of jail free card, he would bail anyone, he didnt care, never looked at the flight risk or anything.

Post subject: post
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 19:46 
in memoriam

Anthony great posts and well said--tv has caused major problems in our proffession-du-du is the poster child for doing it wrong--in my opinion we need less beas but more pro bea-we need licensing to eliminate the problem children --as a pro yourself you know that no 2 ,3 , 4 day or 2 week school can teach enough to keep you out of jail and to keep you and the public safe--its a start but only a start--we need a mentoring program so when a recruit finishes schooling they need to work with a mentor for a specified time.i suggest we copy the pds most require 12 week acadamy and 6 monthe with a field training officer

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 20:25 

Mr. Dorfman,

I would have to agree with you. 2 days and even a week is not long enough. Do not get me wrong, there are some great schools out there, some great online courses that can be taken. And with that, some of them great course owners inform them to find a mentor when they are done. Do you realize it takes 6 to 8 weeks to drive a tractor trailer in truck driving school and in most states it takes a phone call to the IRS for a EIN, someone to spend 200.00 on shirts, badge, pepper spray, and they are an agent.

I decided lately, that even though I have been doing fugitive work for a little over 5 years, and bodyguarding for over 10, I needed to brush up and keep learning. I sent payment to Scott Harrell's course to do learn more. I figured he has a reputable course, I am sure I will learn from it, the cost was very affordable so I did it. For those of you who want to cut your gums in this business, get Scott's course, learn from it. Take what you have learned, go to a class. After that you will have 2 certifications, take them both and find a mentor and work with a mentor for free for a few months doing part-time work.

I know it seems hard and time consuming, but it really isn't. Its not expensive at all. The cost is right, you have learned what you need to so you can get started with a mentor. If anyone who reads this and wants to get into the business, you can ask me how to start.

But yes, Mr. Dorfman, I 100% agree. There should be a few state certified schools in every state, have them issue certifications and make it a 2 week course with another 3 to 4 weeks mentoring before anyone is certified. That will definately " WEED OUT " the guys who just watched dog and wanted to show off with friends and for the guys and gals who are serious about this, they come out of it all with a certification that can be proud of.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 20:33 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
"Baildoc" you forgot to mention that YOU were my date :cry:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 20:37 

Ahhh.......................little help here guys..............anybody?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 20:41 

baildoc....

it looks like she got your number. You know one thing i have learned in life and that is never cross a woman hahahahahahahaha mom taught me well very early in life.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 21:02 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
I think that the mentoring idea is a good one in that it would give an individual the opportunity to get a better perspective on this work.
Too many just want to 'rambo' along and that puts everyone in the Industry at risk (so to speak).
P - I do not eat a lot of cheerios - I eat homemade trailmix - SO . . . don't pee in my trailmix :)

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 21:15 

Absolutely right. It would give a great perspective to our work. Scott's online course from the reputation it has, is one where he goes into detail as well about the pros and cons in this business. That is one reason why I sent for the course. I am sure its reputation speaks for itself. I can't wait to start it. The new guys out to Rambo things, If you are reading this, all you will end up with is a felony charge, then you will know what it is like when a pro such as many people on here go out and you are the one we track because you missed your court date for a felony charge that you created when you did not get training. I can never express enough to the new guys out there to get training. It has saved my tail a more than a few times. I tell you what, if anything, the new guys can look at it this way. I will make this quick.

When I got my training and I was out on the streets, tracking and etc, I came upon a fugitive that I had 100% visual confirmation on, I just about went in that residence after him, But rememberd training, that saved me from a breaking and entering not to mention trespassing charge. I figured with the training I have received, it would have been more for the cost of the fines, court cost, jail term and loss of money I would have endured then it did the training. I went from 1,000 total invested dollars to get training, to almost spending 10 times that amount in not having the training and going into that house after that fugitive.

There are many people on here for you new guys that will be more than happy to share their experiences and mistakes and almost crucial mistakes with you new guys so you won't make the same mistakes we did. There are alot of rules out there, and if you are skipping state lines, know the rules for each one, and always remember what state you are in, for there was a time I forgot what state I was in and if It wasn't for a very understanding woman with a frying pan, I would have got more than the lump and 6 stitches in my head.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion