Question for Mr. Dorfman • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 19:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
"I don't think you need to take a class to work in the BEA field in MA. For NH you need to take Hadleys course. The executive protection company is in woburn MA I don't know how close are you to woburn. What is you're background?" Pendagon

"There is no licensing procedure for BEA work in Massachusetts
To be registered in NH, you must successfully complete the course I wrote
I turned the instruction over to Hadley Dorfman effective 8/1/06."
LAW

"You can call Mr. Dorfman directly and get the CORRECT information straight from the horses' mouth. " Ruffin

Ain't it great to have this forum for all of us to share info.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 11 Oct 2006 20:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Ruffin :wink:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject: mass
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 07:41 
in memoriam

No license or certification is needed to do bea in mass(big problem)--ucea applies to all arrests including bea apprehensions(do not remove your skip from the state you will be charged with kidnapping)turn your skip over to the local pd asap--if your skip does not qualify for extradition do not apprehend him - if you do and bring him to the pd you stand a good chance of them letting him go and charging you with deprivation of liberty and or false arrest--alot of technical issues in mass

as far as work goes in mass for bea as LAW says really only one active bondsmen --lance and i are his beas--most bail in mass is court sponsered and therefor out of a bea reach

there are many pi firms in mass specilizing in many areas--exsecutive protection is a rather closed field also--if you do not have a solid backround--ie military, pd, goverment most of the better firms will not take the time and expense to train you---there are other areas such as survailence , insurance, divorce that you could fit in

getting to nh again there are only 3 bondsmen in nh also they are contracted with us and again there is limited work we do 99.9 percent of all bail apprehensions in nh , vt, me --bea work is limited in new england because the states all use a court sponsed system feel free to give me a call anytime

Last edited by HGUNNER on Thu 12 Oct 2006 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 14:18 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
BTW baildoc, you will not believe what happened with that skip we discussed a couple of weeks ago.

He (the skip) called me yesterday from the parking lot of our county jail and said I needed to bring my paper work so they could book him in...

His sister told him we had his location and some Florida Recovery Agents were going to snatch him and meet us to bring him in. So he felt is was best to catch a bus and go straight to the jail. Wish they were all that easy.

Thanks for your help...

Anniston, AL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 14:36 

That's the way they all should go! All you had to do is threaten to go and pick the guy up and the guy turns himself in. You'll have to let me know how you do that. :) The only other time I have heard of that happening (where someone went to jail in lieu of the alternative) was LuVonda's date for the Sadie Hawkins dance in High School. 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 14:42 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
ROTFL..:)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 15:52 

Bottom Line, there are 3 top things you DO NOT DO in this business.

1) DO NOT GET HURT

2) DO NOT GET ARRESTED

3) DO NOT GET SUED

I seen where you stated that Mass has no laws for BEAs. Well just like here in Pennsylvania, there are no laws that you have to have training or need to be licensed in this state. This may be true, you may not be required to have traning and a license, but all you are sure to get is one of the above. Take classes, take advise, read, research, and when you think you have it down and you are ready, do it again. One thing I have learned in my years, you never ever know everything. I have been in this business over 15 years, I still learn new things all the time. Nobody can ever say they know it all, they do not. You got great advise from everyone on here, these collegues are 100% professionals.
They do not want to see you out there, your first fugitive, you are excited, the blood is pumping, and you make a mistake that will leave you not seeing the morning after. Bottom line, classes, research, more classes, read, and then do it again.

Side Personal note, I know of a guy, from PA ok. He seen there is no law for licensed in PA, no training, he just watched dog, thought he can do it by watching the show. He went on the net, found a out of the state company who didn't know too much about him, they gave him a skip, he got 3 friends, dressed them up in shirts, badges, pepper spray, the whole nine yards. I will not tell you what exactly happned, but I can tell you that all 4 are in the custody of the PRISON !! They broke too many laws to mention including breaking and entering, serious assult, and a few other nice charges that fall in the range of FELONIES !! If he had got training, researched and classes and etc, he would have known that he just can't break down the front door of a girlfriends home, beat up the fugitive to have 10 stitches, and smack her around for trying to get between them in the scuffle, Then put handcuffs on her and said she was aiding a fugitive ( yet another felony) From what was said in the paper awhile back when this happened, they did not even announce who they were and why they were there. Please whatever you do, take training, get advise, research and read as much as you can about laws and what you can do and not do.People are on here to help you, not hurt you. We do not want you to end up wth on of the DO NOT DOs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 15:57 
in memoriam

Anthony; EXCELLENT words of advise! Sadly, NO ONE will listen.

TX PI LIC #A-09665
(409) 284-1895
http://360.yahoo.com/ftachaser357
"For every DEFENDANT that fails to appear in Court, there is a VICTIM seeking Justice"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 16:04 

Mr. Hedrick,

Thank you for your opinion. I just do not want to see anybody hurt. There are a handfull of people who emailed me their resumes who were sincere about this business and then there are the DRINKERS who just want to go out and show off for the friends and women. I know how it feels to be a new guy on the block, It has been years, but everytime I go out, I know what I have to do and know what needs to be done, But the voice in the back of my head always tells me to just keep expecting the unexpected. If the new guys do not hear that voice, we will lose the future of this industry. My son just turned 12 and he look at me and said 6 more years Dad, I am coming with you. All I did was look at him and said, You are going to college, you are NOT doing this. He sees Dad going out, and hearing Dad got a bad guy today. He doesn't see all the legwork when he is in school, all the surveillance, all the headaches, he just sees what he sees and its a shame most of the new guys who are not sincere about this, will be the ones getting someone hurt or worse.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 12 Oct 2006 16:08 
in memoriam

Anthony; AGAIN, EXCELLENT words of advise! God speed to you and yours Sir.

TX PI LIC #A-09665
(409) 284-1895
http://360.yahoo.com/ftachaser357
"For every DEFENDANT that fails to appear in Court, there is a VICTIM seeking Justice"

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion