San Francisco Skip • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 11:26 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Do you have a more specific location for him? Some cities such as Richmond and Oakland have enough problems with the home grown criminals that they don't want outsiders adding to the problems. They may be willing to at least hold him on the warrant, if it's in NCIC. If MO don't come for him they will release him.

You may also be able to arrange private transport back to MO. Sometimes it's worth it to the bondmans to pay the extra costs to let clients know that they will pursue and return skips no matter the cost.

I met a bail agent from Carson City NV a couple of years ago. He got a extention of time to find a skip on a $2,000 bond. They came to the Bay Area every couple of months trying to locate and return the guy.

Haven't herad if they ever got him, But the judge wanted him bad enough to give the bondsman more time to return him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 11:39 

Yeah, I got his address. Hes staying with his momma in Vallejo Ca. I dont mind spending some money. Its a small bond, $2500, I dont really want to go over that, but Im not cheap either.

I normally do all the pickups for our company myself, along with whichever agent wrote the bond. I have no problem leaving this moment to go get him myself if I were legal. But, its not worth $2500 for me to lose my livelyhood either. I was also considering hiring a agent out there to pick him up for me, call when they got him, and head east. I would head west and meet in the middle somewhere to exchange him. Or, buy them a plane ticket to KC or STL.

Its not a matter of money or wanting to get off cheap or let him go. Im gung-ho to get this jackass. But its not worth losing it all......

Ive spent more than the bond on sevaral occaisons on principal. Went to Virginia City one time for a $200 bond because the girl cussed me on the phone and said I wouldnt do it. Went to CO Springs once for $350 for a guy that wrote me a bad $50 check on top of running. Several other times along the same lines. No, Im not being cheap or lazy here. 8)

MO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 17:19 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
I talked with an attorney yesterday and his opinion on the way CA code is written is that it pertains only to those people that are on bond to a CA court. It does not pertain to those on bonds written outside of the state. He did say for legal protection, to make sure the FRA/BEA had a copy of the waiver of extradition before taking the individual across the state line.

And, like Tony said, some cities are more than glad to just get them out of their jurisdiction. I called Vallejo PD and they told me to 'help myself' (Vallejo is almost in my backyard--about 20 miles away) as they tend to have a significantly higher than average crime problem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 17:24 

Your my new hero!! I gotta run right now, but will get back with you soon...

MO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 18:31 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bail Mo wrote:

I know some guys that go to KY and IL and "snatch and run". I also know of one that got arrested later and was exradited back to IL when the client found out it was illegal and his atty pushed it in IL. He lost his business over it.

MO

MO... you can legally pick up in KY... it is NOT a "no hunt" state... and yes I have done it. In fact I drove all the way down to middlesboro (where those TN agents were arrested) and picked up two skips to prove this point. All legally done.

The trick is utilizing the statute to your advantage. If you can not convince the jumper to go with you willingly (ie; explaining the advantage of going with you vs being thrown into a ky jail while they await the extradition hearing - which will not go in their favor if the bondsman was smart enough to get an extradition waiver signed when they wrote the bond).

Read KRS 440.270 very carefuly and you will see what you can do in the future.

I have made up some forms to use in KY where the fugitive can sign a "request for transport" essentially making you a contract "cabby" working for a client (the "fugitive") and stating that he is contracting you for transportation to the bondsman. This protects you from the claim that you were removing them against their will (of course this mean you can not restrain him in anyway till you get out of the state).

I also have a form formally requesting a warrant under the applicable Kentucky Revised Statute.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 20:30 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I PM'ed this but its nothin special:

If you know where he is, assign it to a state licensed BEA. It's going to cost you some money so you have to decide what it's worth.

The BEA can find the skip and ask him what he wants: the skip can sign an extradition waiver and not sit in jail, and go with the BEA to your meeting place, or the skip can in jail for up to 45 days if he insists being extradited. If he chooses jial you will have 45 days to figure out what to do next. You're in a spot. I will not go after anything but felony skips in this situation. BTW seek legal counsel on all this; I am not a lawyer.

Best wishes.

RHINO

Winner do what losers refuse to do...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 09 Oct 2006 13:07 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Bail MO,

I did not mean in anyway that you were lazy or cheap. We go after all of our skips regardless of the bail amount. It may cost us more than the bail amount but, it lets ALL clients know that we will honor our contract and they must honor their part.

We have quite a large "do not bail" list for clients that fta'ed (relatively few), owed balance of premium ( quite a lot ) and just being a pain in the butt. We also pursue late premium payers. Those are turned over to collections.

Back to your skip. Randall may be able to help you with him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 01 Nov 2006 07:49 

I know Ive been absent for a bit. Busy as hell on the road.

Randall Crew solved my problem like a true professional. I cant thank him enough. Saved me not only some money, but some real headaches. I will be using you again in the future, no doubt.

Thanks a million.

Andy

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion