San Francisco Skip • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: San Francisco Skip
 Post Posted: Fri 06 Oct 2006 07:07 

Hello. Im new to the site. Nice site it is, btw.

I have a skip in California, the San Francisco area. I have never dealt with that state before. Can anyone give me any tips or info on picking up there? It is a misdemeanor. Mo will not extridite. I do have a waiver of extradition signed by the skip at the time of the bond.

Depending on the cost, I would like to know of anyone in that area I could talk to about possibly picking him up and meeting me somewhere between here and there with him. Since its a small bond, I have to weigh my options. Im sure you guys and gals understand that in this business. Any information would be appreciated.

Im sure this goes without saying, but I only want reputable recovery agents. No "cowboys" please.

Thanks
MO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 06 Oct 2006 09:02 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 567
Experience: More than 10 years
Current California law states that anyone picked up for jumping bail must be turned over to local law enforcement within 48 hours. They will then have an extradition hearing. It sounds like you may be out of luck on this one.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 06 Oct 2006 10:28 

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that.

Its pretty sad that there are so many safe havens for people to go when on the run from midemeanors.

Im talking to the prosecutor today about maybe making it nationwide extradition. Sometimes they will if I agree to the extradition myself with a writ from the court. See what happens.

If I get that done, anyone in the area interested in picking this guy up for me and getting him into the system?

Thanks
MO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 06 Oct 2006 10:33 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Let me know how it goes. I am located in the East SF Bay area and may be interested.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 07 Oct 2006 08:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

That may be the rule of thumb or the law but I went to Oakland to get a skip and the Housing Authority Police helped in the capture and told me to take him back to Arkansas myself without a waiver or a hearing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 07 Oct 2006 09:49 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I have heard of others who also have picked up skips here in CA and taken them back out of state circumventing the court system. However, PC 1299, PC 833-845 and CA Insurance Code 1300 and 1301 (pertaining to bail fugitives) are pretty specific. Since I live, work and am licensed and certified in CA, I won't take the chance of losing my livelihood.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 07 Oct 2006 17:28 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

There are ways to do it legally. We have some of the same issues when we have to pick up a skip in Oregon, the state that has outlawed commercial bail bondsmen. Washington and California skips think that they can hide out in Oregon because of that. But we know they can't.

Winner do what losers refuse to do...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 00:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

There is one little glitch that works for us... If Law Enforcement tells me what to do then I have a justified defense called being a State Actor. I became a State Actor when they told me to take him to Arkansas since I was following their instructions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 04:38 

Rihno,
You got a PM.

MO

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 08 Oct 2006 05:53 

We have the same problem with IL and KY. Both join MO and people with misdemeanors run there and hide because they know they cant be touched. However, some judges will extend the warrant to adjoinng states. If they will do that or if its a felony, I have gone and found them, called law enforcement and let them do the pickup.

Im not much on breaking state laws. Its not worth it to me to get arrested and lose my business being a hero. Im still working to try and get a nationwide warrant on this boy. Im sure the judge will give me a writ to do the extraidition myself if he will extradite him. If not, I guess Im screwed?

I know some guys that go to KY and IL and "snatch and run". I also know of one that got arrested later and was exradited back to IL when the client found out it was illegal and his atty pushed it in IL. He lost his business over it.

If I had the money, I would push this thing and fight it in court. If someone would do that, I think those cheesy state laws that are against the constitution could be beaten and open it up for all of us, nationwide like it should be. I just dont have an extra 40k or so laying around to pay an attorney to do it.

MO

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion