Disapearing Posts • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Disapearing Posts
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 17:48 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

So what's up with this new wave of Topic disapearances?

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 17:56 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
It's the government... 8)

Anniston, AL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 17:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2065
Experience: 7 - 10 years
shhhhhhhh... I think they found us... 8)

Anniston, AL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 18:30 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Needed the chuckle :lol:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 18:38 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Lol, Jay.

Don, check with the moderators. They have moved topics to their hold area when the general consensus is that they have gotten out of line for whatever reason. Some issues just shouldn't be dealt with in the public areas.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 18:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

"for whatever reason"

Perhaps...

Though there was a topic about that parapalegic fellow that got roughed up due to some le with poor training and poorer observation skills that got deleted... not sure where that one 'crossed the line'.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 20:08 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Don, Kathy is exactly right and so are you! confused? On the topic you mentioned we are just moving any and all that one poster posts on this forum due to their ideas of what should be shared on this forum and not one certain topic which may be Ok because most are way out there.

Or it could be the government and Jay that was very funny!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 20:24 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Bob,

Not confusing at all...

My main concern though is that topic seemed to be very much like past topics we have discussed here regarding LE training being less than optimal and the fact that they get away with some crazy thing but god forbid a bondsman/recovery agent do five miles over the speed limit.

Nothing crazy (other than a brief comment by Mr. Pendragon regarding assimilating police into the U.N... which at this point seems rather far-fetched knowing the personalities of local law enforcement as well as the sometimes unknown rivalry between county/city/state/ and federal agencies) about that topic.

To simply move everthing he posts or comments on regardless seems rather heavy handed and could result in future posts on this forum being more of the bubblegum everybody accepts variety such as:

The weather in the midwest was great today.

New recipes for the on the road bondsman.

Nothing contraversial in this thread.

Don't we just all hate the dog? (note that a lot of the posts against "dog" caused a lot of drama between this forum and numerous other "dog" supporters and sites - much more attention than some of the polictical posts have drawn).

Etc. Etc. Etc.

And unless we are going to discuss the pros and cons of using real lemon juice vs. the concentrated variety, I am worried that such actions, carried further into the extreme, could result in the death of interesting topics.

Simple way to handle it would be not to respond to posts that are of no interest and as moderators you guys can make sure that the posts are in the appropriate sections of the forum (ie; a post about santa claus sightings would be in the off topic section, etc.).

- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 22:10 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I originally posted this [names edited for public view] in the "agents only" area, but decided to copy it here so that others may know the reasons I feel that some posts are moved from the public areas. This is only MY opinion, and are not requested or suggested to reflect to reflect those of the owner or moderators of this forum.

"Maybe we are way too prone to ban anyone who disagrees with our personal opinions, but I can't see where [name deleted] is doing anything other than stirring up trouble within the group. He claims to be a PI and a professional, claims to having dealt with others in this forum, but consistently refuses to identify himself or give any details or provide any proof of this. We, with nothing to hide, know each other, and are publicly willing to give details and proof of our work and ethics. Whether we agree or have personal issues on every issue or not, there is mutual respect and knowledge of each other's work.

In my humble opinion, anyone who isn't a professional in our business, or isn't posting specific posts or questions about our business, isn't worth our consideration or discussion. [Admin] and/or moderators should immediately delete the posts. Let them make their posts elsewhere. Just because it is in a newspaper or somewhere on the Internet, doesn't make it factual or relevant to this forum. This isn't a political forum, conspiracy theory forum, or any other subject forum. This is a professional forum, for those who are either in the bail bonding, bail enforcement, or private investigation professions, or those who are interested in these. It is that simple. Period. Anyone who doesn't fall into these categories is irrelevant. If it does not conform to the purpose of the forum, it has no relevance. Delete them, ban them, whatever it takes. It is not relevant what I personally agree or disagree with. If it does not meet the subject criteria, it does not belong here."

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 03 Oct 2006 23:52 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You know we do have an "off topic" section on this forum.

For those things that are "off topic".

And as far as everyone being a pi or bailbondsman.... I thought this was an "open" forum and as such there are quite a few people here who are not actually in any of these professions but either have an interest in the field or are contemplating entering it.

Based on the mentioned criteria then all people who are not licensed and operating pi's or bailbondsman/recovery agents need to be banned and this ENTIRE forum needs to be closed to the public.

Though I must confess that I thought that was why there is now a closed section that is accessable only by those supposedly 'vetted' and who are actual operators in the afore mentioned fields.

Giving the public access to publically discussed topics, and 'professionals only' area where the actual working professionals can discuss things in relative private.

In my opinion the only problem seems to be that sometimes individuals post things in the wrong sections.. ie; several of Mr. Pendragons posts should be in the "off topic" section specifically designed for things that are not related to the industry and thus "off topic".

Though I will say the latest post regarding the poorly trained police officers has been very similiar to posts many of us have made in the past and considered indireclty related to our field as it exemplifies certain training issues that may or may not effect us in our line of work... and yet this too was "moved".

If one does not want to read what he posts then one does not have too... neither is one compelled to respond.

I also do not see where he is "stiring up trouble" as if I disagree with one of his posts I either state my disagreement and my reasons that lead me to the disagreement or I ignore the post and move on.

Quote:

OFF TOPIC
An area for registered members to read, report, discuss, et cetera, about almost anything not having to do with the industry.

End Quote

- Kingdom of Heaven

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion