Interested in becoming • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 17:38 

HoundDog wrote:
You walked into the wrong area if you thought he was some kinda big deal. He is very unpopular in the community of BEA's, FRA's, Bounty Hunters, Private Investigators and others that perform this kinda >work.

I didn't mean that I thought he was some kinda big deal, I said that I thought he was thought to be some kinda big deal with others.

>Maybe a little research before you jumped in would have helped you a >bit more with others around here.

I honestly didn't think I needed to thoroughly research a forum board so as not to get flamed for mentioning a name. Jeez.

> So anyway drop the subject and move on it will get you more help in the long run or you can join one of his fan club sites of wannabees and be >welcomed with open arms. It is your choice and just a suggestion.

I don't care about him one way or another and would be glad to drop the subject. I wasn't expecting the spanish inquisition just for mentioning the name.

>You are welcome here we, as a choice would rather not deal with others that want to be like him and it seemed that is what you were looking for, if not that is good if so... well he has a site for fans.

Like I said, I don't care about him either way. I just originally thought that he might be running one of the schools here in the Denver area, that was the only reason I even mentioned him.

Can we please move on now, because I really am interested in becoming a BEA.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 21:14 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Exactly what I meant :D We are moving on. Kathy I believe gave you some advice earlier in this thread about how to go about doing what needs to be done.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 10:17 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Experience: More than 10 years
After following the above advice, I will answer your question for a basic skill set for recovery work in general:

1) Basic investigative skills: Research methods, gathering information from a variety of sources and knowing how to interpret that data.

2) Interrogation/interviewing skills- These are an art form. More than just asking someone a question. It's recognizing body language, eye movement, tone inflections, nervous twitches, etc.

3) Basic hand to hand combat skills.

4) Basic track and field skills: need to be able to sprint, climb, jump, dodge, crawl, etc through a variety of obstacles.

5) Tactical entry's and team movement: Need to organize your team and practice a variety of skills: How to enter a house, an apartment, a trailer, etc. Who is doing what and thier position in the team: entry person, upward coverage, below coverage, right flank, left flank, rear...

6) Basic surveillance techniques and strategies: Knowing how to dress accordingly to fit into your fugitive's environment, often referred to as "Urban Camoflauge". For example, if your fugitive is a welder and in a union, then you need to learn about welding and union rules, dress the part, know the trade lingo, etc. If the fugitive is in construction, same thing.

7) Know the Laws of where you are going: Not just where you live, but where you are going to apprehend your fugitive. Your home based laws may differ from your area of apprehension laws. Already have the address and phone numbers of the law enforcement agencies of where you are going in your folder. Always check in with these agencies before making your apprehension. I cannot tell you how many cases I have worked where I was ready to take physical custody of my fugitive only to check the status of my warrants at the last minute and discovered the warrants had been recalled.

8 Basic training in proper hand cuffing techniques, use of chemical sprays, batons, stun guns, tazers, etc. Whatever "Bat Toys" you have on your "Bat Belt". You need to be intricately familiar and expertly trained with to the point you can deploy them without thinking about it. Called "Muscle memory retention" or reflex action. This only comes from repetitive training.

9) Weapons: This is a whole different area for discussion. too long for this thread. However, there are a number of articles in this forum regarding weapons. you can click on the "search" button and type in keywords of "guns" "weapons" etc. and read those articles.

10) Training: There are a number of qualified schools in the U.S. that teach how to do this job correctly, some are even online.
Again you can use the search function and type in "BEA schools" and see those articles.

One thing to realize is that doing recovery work is a business. So you also need basic small business skills, such as financial management, accounting, advertising, client retention, marketing, etc. It's not all about simply "Kicking butt and taking names". Those days are over with. Modern Day insurance companies and bail bondspersons are looking for highly professional, skilled, trained investigators that can exonerate thier bonds without incurring vicarious liability situations. In other words, you don't do anyone any good if you capture a $10, 000.00 skip, but in the process you just caused a million dollar lawsuit to be brought against yourself and your bondsperson/insurance company.

Again these comments are simply my opinion in an effort to answer your question. Others may have more to add.

Take care and God Bless,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 10:40 

Thanks for such a detailed reply Ray.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 10:45 
in memoriam

1) Your welcome.

2) My name isn't " Ray". Where you got that from I have no idea.

3) I would appreciate it if you wouldn't include quotes in your responses. Takes up too much space. The continuity of a thread flows fairly smoothly without them.

Take care and have a great day..:)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 10:54 
in memoriam

These are not listed in any kind of order. You may check out thier websites as to cost, location, applicability to your particular states' requirements.

N.I.B.E: www.bounty-hunter.net

Amherst Academy of Bail Enforcement: www.beagent.com

Pacific Northwest Bail Enforcement Academy: www.bailacademy.org

National Association of Bail Enforcement Agencies: www.nabea.org

Compass Point Investigations: www.compasspointpi.com

Bail Enforcement Civil Process Associates: www.fugitiveinvestigations.org

Others may add to this list any training institution that is reputable and recognized by the industry as being professional, legal, and legitimate in its teachings.

Any attempt to add USRB will be thwarted, as I will remove it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 10:58 

Oops, sorry, must have had a dyslexic brain fart with your name. :?

Ok, and thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 11:01 

Thanks R.W. :) What's USRB?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 11:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 4006
Any good school will tell you that the "don'ts" are just as importand as the "do's"

1. Don't get hurt

2. Don't get arrested

3. Don't get sued

This business can be interesting and even exciting at times, but there is very real danger, you are taking peoples freedom, most go peacfully but some can and will hurt or kill you to keep from going to jail.

As a BEA you are a private citizen and have none of the protections that peace officers have, that means that should you need kill or seriosly injure a skip even in self defense you can expect to be arrested and or sued, your legal expenses will likely exceed any earning you ever made doing recoveries.

If you can approach this as a business, not put yourself in harms way or open yourself to liability then maybe this work is for you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 22 Sep 2006 12:09 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Mindtracker wrote:
1) Your welcome.

2) My name isn't " Ray". Where you got that from I have no idea.

3) I would appreciate it if you wouldn't include quotes in your responses. Takes up too much space. The continuity of a thread flows fairly smoothly without them.

Take care and have a great day..:)

Controversial. Some agree, many don't, as quoting helps to keep straight what it is you're replying to when more than two people are in the conversation and/or when a posts have been deleted.

New Orleans, La.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion