Question for everyone here..... • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Question for everyone here.....
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 10:26 

I am neither for nor against the Chapman family, so please don't label me a "fan". I have been reading here for awhile and not posting, just interested in the dynamics of the people who post here.

I noticed that there is a thread telling "fans" of Duane Chapman to not bother posting here, that this is a professional forum for "real" BEA agents.

My question then is: Why are most of the threads here bashing Mr. Chapman? It seems that there are quite a few here who do nothing BUT talk about the Chapmans on this forum, instead of "real" BEA business matters.

Why don't you tell the truth: This is a "Chapman haters" forum, not a professional BEA forum. Don't worry about banning me....I'm done reading here. Glad I never participated.

And oh yeah.....God bless you all.

Post subject: Re: Question for everyone here.....
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 11:25 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

dirteegirl wrote:
I am neither for nor against the Chapman family, so please don't label me a "fan". I have been reading here for awhile and not posting, just interested in the dynamics of the people who post here.

I noticed that there is a thread telling "fans" of Duane Chapman to not bother posting here, that this is a professional forum for "real" BEA agents.

My question then is: Why are most of the threads here bashing Mr. Chapman? It seems that there are quite a few here who do nothing BUT talk about the Chapmans on this forum, instead of "real" BEA business matters.

Why don't you tell the truth: This is a "Chapman haters" forum, not a professional BEA forum. Don't worry about banning me....I'm done reading here. Glad I never participated.

You actually make some good points, so why not stand behind them?

Posting a one way message reminds me of the little boy whose way of arguing is to hold his hands over his ears while yelling whatever it is he's got to say. Yep, real mature....

New Orleans, La.

Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 12:42 

eirikr1 wrote:
dirteegirl wrote:

You actually make some good points, so why not stand behind them?

Posting a one way message reminds me of the little boy whose way of arguing is to hold his hands over his ears while yelling whatever it is he's got to say. Yep, real mature....

I DID make some good points, and I DO stand behind them. What I said was.....I am not for nor against the Chapman family. In other words, I don't care either way. I'm selfish, if it doesn't affect me or my loved ones directly, it doesn't concern me.

I was just pointing out that there was a thread directed toward fans of the Chapmans, telling them that this was not the place to discuss the Chapmans, this was a professional BEA forum. Yet every other thread in this forum was a "hate" thread directed against the Chapmans, with some even bragging that they had a hand in getting the Mexican authorities to push for the Chapmans' arrest last week.

Funny huh......those threads are gone now. Now THAT'S what I call mature...yep, I do. :roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 12:57 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2570
Experience: More than 10 years
The posts are all still here they have been moved to the IN THE NEWS Section. Where they are suppose to go.

Retired Private Investigator & Bail Enforcement
NAM VET 1969- 1975 US Army (RECON)
Office 260-220-3877
1-888-631-5520
Fax 260-456-6062

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 20 Sep 2006 18:37 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1208
Experience: More than 10 years
Some were also deleted due to the fact of uneducated people who are not aware of the true facts about Mr Chapman and his wife. No one was treated with disrespect here unless they warranted it. Posting is welcome here if it is done the right way.

Post Posted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 06:43 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

dirteegirl wrote:

I DID make some good points, and I DO stand behind them.
I was just pointing out that there was a thread directed toward fans of the Chapmans, telling them that this was not the place to discuss the Chapmans, this was a professional BEA forum. Yet every other thread in this forum was a "hate" thread directed against the Chapmans, with some even bragging that they had a hand in getting the Mexican authorities to push for the Chapmans' arrest last week.

Funny huh......those threads are gone now. Now THAT'S what I call mature...yep, I do. :roll:

Glad to hear your'e willing to stand behind what you say, I didn't get that impression from your initial post. I also have wondered about the preponderance of disrespectful posts outnumbering the few lone voices. Apparently fans, by definition, are more extreme in their position, (or they wouldn't be fans) and thus more likely to get deleted for violating terms of service. The detractors are usually arguing from a "we're the real professionals" angle, have more to lose if unprofessional, (since it would be hypocritical) and thus less likely to be so. (and get a post deleted for TOS violation thereby.)

Pretty much guarantees that the puppyhaters will outnumber the supporters no matter how hard the admin trys to be impartial. That, and the fact that the anti-dog opinion just happens to be the (apparent) consensus opinion of BEA's in the industry who have net access and an interest in posting. There is bound to be more that could care less either way if it doesn't pertain to them or their business, but they apparently could care less about this board, either, untill it affects them or their business.

New Orleans, La.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 21 Sep 2006 09:43 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I myself as a moderator did not agree with that topic being posted it only brings unwanted attention to those that do support him. I understand why it was posted I, myself just would not have done so. He was trying to avoid a huge influx of Dog Fans from flooding this site with unwanted posts about the Chapmans.

As far as my opinion on him... as I have always stated I do not appreciate his lack of professional tactics he uses to perform his job. He has broken the law, felony charges here in the U.S. (he paid his due to society) and now felony charges in Mexico which he fled to avoid. He did exactly what he captures others for doing FTA (Failure to Appear) but he must consider himself above another countries laws. As far as personally if I knew him I just might like him but he has done a lot of damage to this industry which is what I comment about when I comment on him.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion