This could be a problem............. • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Re: This could be a problem.............
 Post Posted: Fri 25 Mar 2011 14:12 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Location: East Kern Bail Bonds-Ridgecrest, CA Kern County (760) 375-5706
FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: < 3 years
Let alone, these two states biggest crimes are drug related and domestic violence (Partner/Family Member Assault in MT).

Tim, true statements, but at last checked, Drugs and DV were still illegal. So as long as you don't carry inebriated and don't punish your significant other you're not a criminal. You should be alllowed to carry. I don't know, shall issue to me is the way to go. I mean, open carry is wild west to me. Bad guys know who and how many to shoot that way. BUT concealed carry is a choice among responsible adults that keep 'em guessing. And limiting it to those who choose to travel in the light vs those dancing on the the dark side is a responsible control. Maybe a requalifying requirement if you choose to carry is in order. That levels the playing and the paying field for all involved, judges, cops, milkmen, cable tv installers and sexy joggers. I'm just a big advocate of individual freedoms that have been erroded in this country due to fear and the "us vs them" mentality of the electorate. Ever see Orson Wells' Animal Farm? I know that undertalks about Communism, but it also speaks loudly of what this debate has turned into in this country. Don't want to carry a weapon--DON't, get robbed and hopefully someone around you has one available and able and willing to use it in your defense. Rob me and I'm going to test your muscle memory and breathing, after I explore all other options. Don't think I'm the hair trigger type, I'm not. LOL It's just a matter of choice to me. But sure, some limited regulation is needed to separate the wheat from the chaff, but very limited. But to over regulate everything simply because you fear your constituentcy and want to hide behind the safety of the children laws, just isn't fair and just not right, ya know? I mean yeah, limit the places you can carry (courtrooms, jails and nuclear power plants), limit the type of ammo (tracer, teflon coatings), increase the penalty for screwing up your right to carry etc...I mean, I'm legal to carry I'm just preaching for my other brothas and sistas who should have the ability, but are regulated out for whatever reason. LOL My name is Ambros Browning and I approve this message. Vote for me in 2012. LOL

(760) 375-5830 fax
"The world has changed! The strong no longer survive, but the smart. Victory goes to the one that combines his brains with his heart."

Post Posted: Fri 25 Mar 2011 17:45 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
So in my next of CA, we have to put up with the political games.

I'm starting the process now for my CCW. All the local PDs state that they do not issue them anymore, all applicants must apply through the SO.

So, I sent the SO a request for their procedures to apply. They say I have to apply first through my local pd. Even though the local PDs have on their websites, they do not issue and you must apply at the SO, the SO requires a letter from the local PD stating that they are referring me to the SO.

Now I have to wait for a letter from the local PD to send along with my app to the SO. Once that is in, it will take up to 3 months to get a response whether or not they will issue.

If they say yes, then you have to go through the CCW class and then pass the range qualification and finally they will have to approve your weapon.

And the SO can require a psych exam.

So the whole process can take up to 6 months.

In other CA counties you can complete the entire process in 30 days. It all depends in which polititically "correct" county you live in.

Post Posted: Mon 28 Mar 2011 15:11 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2797
Experience: 3 - 5 years
ill No.: SF0047 Drafter: JHR

LSO No.: 11LSO-0024 Effective Date: 7/1/2011

Enrolled Act No.: SEA0070

Chapter No.: 84

Prime Sponsor: Senator Jennings

Catch Title: Concealed weapons.

Subject: Carrying concealed weapons without a permit.

Summary/Major Elements:

· Current law requires that a person who carries a concealed deadly weapon must first submit an application and be issued a concealed weapons permit.

· The act allows a person to carry a concealed weapon without a permit if the person:

o Is a resident of the United States and has been a resident of Wyoming for not less than six (6) months prior to filing the application;
o Is at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
o Does not suffer from a physical infirmity which prevents the safe handling of a firearm;
o Is not ineligible to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;
o Has not been:

§ Committed to a state or federal facility for the abuse of a controlled substance for at least one year;
§ Convicted of a felony violation of the Wyoming Controlled Substances Act or similar laws of any other state or the United States; or
§ Convicted of a misdemeanor violation of the Wyoming Controlled Substances Act or similar laws of any other state or the United States relating to controlled substances within one (1) year.

o Does not chronically or habitually use alcoholic liquor and malt beverages to the extent that his normal faculties are impaired.
o Is not currently adjudicated to be legally incompetent; and
o Has not been committed to a mental institution.

· The act creates a felony for a second or subsequent offense of illegally carrying a concealed weapon.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2011/Summaries/SF0047.htm

Wyoming passed the bill that Montana is working on right now. This takes effect on July 1, 2011. However, several counties, such as Sheridan County (My AO), has already implemented the law into place. I am not necessarily against this law, since certain restriction still apply as if the CCW still existed. However, the State of Wyoming has absolutely no Registration or Licensing verification. The only system that proves you are the owner of the weapon is through NICS. After that point, if you transfer ownership private party, the firearm will still come back to the originating owner. I would hope that prior to this effective date, the state would create a protocol within SPILLMAN (software used by LEO computer systems in this state) to trace what weapons belong to each individual through some registration process.

flymedia wrote:
Let alone, these two states biggest crimes are drug related and domestic violence (Partner/Family Member Assault in MT).

Tim, true statements, but at last checked, Drugs and DV were still illegal. So as long as you don't carry inebriated and don't punish your significant other you're not a criminal. You should be alllowed to carry.

I agree with you and did not intend to come off saying those two crimes weren't illegal. Problem in Wyoming is that open containers are legal in this state as long as you are in county, and not incorporated city limits. There are drive-thru liquor stores here. I am open for eliminated the CCW as Wyoming is the fourth state to honor the 2nd Amendment as it was written, but without other safeguards in place, I fear this will fail in the long run.

307-763-3134

"As Professional Bail Enforcement Agents, we secure the Risk of the Surety by lawfully protecting the interest of not only the safety and security of our Clients and their Surety Agencies, but their Indemnitors and Defendants as well."

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage