Kentucky • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:51 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Rex.

I have a distinct feeling that we are not exactly opposing view points and probably agree on a lot of things and it would appear I misunderstood the point and summation of your first post.

My excuse, LOL, is that it is difficult to convey all the aspects of one's particular viewpoint in this medium and leads to misunderstandings all the way around... with enough replies and posts what one is trying to say eventually comes out LOL. Hopefully without too many ruffled feathers or hurt feelings all the way around.

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath."
- Kingdom of Heaven

Post subject: No Rack For Me
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:37 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Mr. Swain,

I tried to hit the rack, but the phone keeps ringing. Of coarse, I'd like to, well....disconnect it for a while, but the last call got me back on the net to look up that new piece of information on an ongoing problem case. In other words, there will be no rest for the weary today.

No worries on my end. I am a student of many subjects, and not all the subjects I study are bail related. I don't have all the answers, and I look forward to new twists on old ideas.

While the current state of affairs endures with respect to bail and bail enforcement changes, I am not able to cause stir in a favorable direction by myself, so I have opted to be like water and find ways around certain aspects of the new road blocks that are popping up.

For now, I have to get back to the rascal who is proving to be very elusive indeed.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Jun 2005 16:55 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 5
Seems to me you guys are in a "pissing" contest...lol This is not a court room, y'all are not attorneys, and frankly, it really doesn't matter who is more versed in the laws. Each of you know what you know. That's it.

This is what I do when in doubt of my authority in a certain state: I call the state attorney general's office and get it straight from the horse's mouth. See how simple it is ?

I also always check in with the local leo's, show them my warrants, ask them to verify the warrants and run an NCIC check. I had 2 fugitives to pick up in Ga earlier this year. Upon asking the Sheriff's dpt to verify them 1 of the cases had already been settled, and the other one the warrant had been recalled. Now what do you suppose would have happened to me had I taken those 2 fine, upstanding citizens into custody ?

Post subject: Douglas
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Jun 2005 17:16 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Mindtracker,

You've got a really cool screen name. Have you ever read any of John Douglas' work?

While I appreciate your concern and admire your enthusiasm, many of the points you raised are well covered on this and other forums to include a number of published works, but your well put reiteration can never hurt.

I look forward to your contributions in the future.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 16 Jun 2005 18:19 
in memoriam

1) Thank you for the compliments.

2) No, I have not read any of his works. However, being I am an avid reader, I shall seek them out at my next visit to Barnes and Noble.

3) Yes, I know these points are not new, and others have mentioned them before. I just got a kick out of the debate and felt like tossing my 2 cents worth in for the fun of it. :D

4) I arrived at my screen name after great pondering. We are, after all, essentially "profilers"...i.e. we have to get isnide our target's head..learn how he/she thinks, eats, learn thier habits, hobbies, preferences, etc. The human animal is a creature of habit. To capture it, one must first study it, learn it. Once you understand your prey and know everything there is to know about them, then you can set your traps for them.

But alas, I am not empowering you with any new skills or knowledge you don't already possess. Perhaps, though, those less schooled may partake of any wisdom shared here. Afterall, is it not our duty to school those who come after us ?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 18 Jun 2005 15:01 

Regarding Kentucky law, I would refer to this post: http://forums.realpolice.net/showthread ... ge=1&pp=15

Deputy757 is verified to be a current law enforcement officer in Kentucky and was kind enough to clear up the various statutes.

It is not reccomended that anyone here post on realpolice.net. The community there is very anti-BEA and generally does not take kindly to BEA related discussions. Last time that happened everyone ended up banned. ;)

Post subject: Pending Ky apprehension
 Post Posted: Tue 21 Jun 2005 09:14 
in memoriam

OK, I am confused now...lol

Can we or can we not LEGALLY track and apprehend in Ky ? A simple "Yes" or "no" will suffice. I don't need a Harvard Law School Dissertation, nor am I attempting to fuel any debate. I simply desire a clear cut, black and white answer one way or the other, with the source of the answer for my own verification.

I have a bail skip there and I am planning to go retrieve him within the next few days. I am also currently researching all of the Ky statutes that have been mentioned here, as well as calling the Ky State Attorney General's office to get thier opinion on the matter.

Any further proof, one way or the other, that anyone may offer is much appreciated.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion