Bail Enforcement 101 • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bail Enforcement 101
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 09:29 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
Okay, I'm a bit befuddled by what I saw on TV last night, but I'll try to make a workable point here.

I wasn't there, so the following is an analysis based off of observations of edited material:

For some reason, Mr. Chapman, his producers and A&E revealed the face along with a detailed account of an informant with respect to working the "....most dangerous street in Hawaii."

Then, instead of exfiltrating immediately, they stood around and let the alleged bail skip make a phone call to have someone bring him his medication.

Then, Mr. Chapman laughingly revealed the identity of and that he paid the informant to the alleged bail fugitve and on national television!

Now, and I'm just spit ballin here, if the people who frequent the "most dangerous street in Hawaii (this may not be where the pick up went down)" or even the bail fugitive decide the kid violated some sacret code of the streets, and if anything happens to kid, I suspect that there will be culpability.

BE101:

Never sit around at the arrest location and smoke & joke!

Never allow a bail fugitive to call anyone while still at the arrest location!

Never allow the bail fugitive to call for people to come to the arrest location!

Never reveal the identity of an informant unless required to do so under subpoena or under oath or under some other court demand under the penalty of contempt!

Never laughingly tell a bail fugitive who got paid for providing information that lead to the arrest!

What I saw was outrageous in my opinion, and I suspect that Mr. Chapman, at the very least, will have problems convincing future informants to work with him who are for real.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is basic, pre-seminar common sense, and I fail to see how anyone who conducts business in this way can be labeled "greatest" at bounty hunting.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 09:40 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I agree 100% with your opinion on the show and the list of never do's. I had my T.V. on the station but was on the phone not paying attention to what was going on but, I was confused as to what in the hell they were thinking by exposing and informant.

I have never givin up a source as I am sure that all of you have not also. If I tell the subject a persons name (only when they tell me it was my informant), the name I give them is one that refused to help me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 09:49 

I just am amazed that no one on the team has been seriously injured yet. Then again I havent seen his nephew Justin (i think his name was) in awhile.

I would agree on the common sense factor though. Giving up informants and sitting around 'hawaiis most dangerous street' is just asking for trouble, or revenge. How does Mr. Chapman know if theres someone lurking around a corner with a gun waiting to help 'bosco' or wanting to get revenge on him for another reason.

Just my 2 cents...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 12:43 

THAT’S DOG FOR YA! (LOL) As for Justin from what I have heard he's off the show for good! Not clear on why? But his Replacement is Dogs oldest son. (Sad to say but I watch it to!) Not much going on out here in Vermont!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 15:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 2
Experience: 7 - 10 years
I think Justin was kicked off of the "team" because of his careless smoking habits. He burned Big Momas car and got in her face. I thought it was all for the bogus show they put on, but it appears to have been the case. He was a little immature anyway to be a "professional" bail enforcement agent in my eyes. Did anyone notice that "Dog" doesnt have his Colorado badge anymore?? I cant believe that I sist and watch this crap. Its like watching a comedy show. Its almost like the 3 stooges never left.

-X-
St. Louis, MO
FRN#2
Member of The C.B.C

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 16:48 
in memoriam

We all know why Chapman doesn't wear his Colorado badge.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed 18 May 2005 16:53 

its just me but when the term ""professional" bail enforcement agent the name "dog" chapman just doesn't come to mind... Ive seen them insagate fights, pepper spray people who where'nt even their skip and get hit by kids with broom handles and then almost leave a team member who they sprayed in the mix-up they called a pick-up who was trying to get int the car. still like to use the show to show guys how not to do things right. So i guess the show do serve as a training tool right Rex?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 May 2005 04:54 

L.A.W. Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all know why Chapman doesn't wear his Colorado badge.

Yes we do and thank you ! :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 19 May 2005 05:49 
in memoriam

To begin... Chapman's comment as regards being the "most dangerous street in Hawaii" is pure crap. He makes those comments for the "camera" for viewer purposes and for no other reason.

It is also not the first time Chapman and his gang has exposed an informant on national television. His main purpose is being in front of a camera lens and for no other reason does he exist. He doesn't care about the aftermath of his antics nor for the fate of anyone else in his passing. One case in point: when his son Leland was on the ground being kicked all Chapman did was stand behind a vehicle and yell to his son to "cover up". His cowardice was displayed on national television but I don't think Chapman realizes that.

By allowing the skip's friend to bring medication is also for camera purposes... no real BEA would ever allow nor even consider such a situation.

Last week he made a comment that he pities 'bounty hunters' who carry a gun; this was in the aftermath of a skip who resisted... the skip had a pocketknife. He stated on national TV he had the right to use lethal force in that situation. The skip didn't have the knife in his hands from what I could see. His statement could potentially start another round of legislation by having politicians believe we do not have a need for firearms. Do you think Chapman cares? Do you even believe he is capable of thinking beyond his immediate realities and realize what he says on TV could have a devastating impact on us all?

Being the 'greatest bounty hunter' is a label he applied to himself long ago when he was taking credit for capturing fugitives who made national headlines when, in fact, law enforcement made the capture. Chapman has proven to be a pathological liar time after time after time. I don't think he even realizes that he lies. Its just part of his nature. He lies and Alice Barmore (Beth Smith) swears to it. Actually, she lies as much as he does if not more yet has the audacity to yell LIAR to others while pointing her hooker style nails at the person.

Chapman and his posse are out of control.

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject: Training
 Post Posted: Thu 19 May 2005 06:07 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
My position is that we can all learn from being exposed to bail enforcement related stuff from various sources.

In law enforcement, unfortunate incidents that are caught on tape, while tragic in some cases, are in fact used as training tools to help avoid the same mistakes.

In another thread I mentioned the April 1970 Newhall shootout that left four CHP officers dead. A thorough analysis of this tragic event led to many procedural changes such as the felony car stop and making training as real-life as is possible.

Do not let your personal ideals dissuade you from watching any bail enforcement show. Mr. Chapman and his crew sometimes do it within the realm of acceptable practices, but the things that are questionable are excellent for training purposes.

For example:

Mr. Chapman was suckerpunched from behind while using a vehicle for cover while his son was on the ground totally defensive in a two on one situation. The whole thing could have been avoided had they quickly exfiltrated with their skip but noooooooooooo someone had to go back and play tough guy resulting in a fight.

Mr. Chapman's curious failure to rush to his son's aide was UNFORGIVABLE in my opinion. Yes, Leland essentially brought it on himself, but the plain and simple fact is that he is a BEA (like it or not) out there doing the job.

I will not stand by under the cover of anything while one of my team mates is being attacked like what I saw, and, had my son been in that situation, my 25+ years of weight training, martial arts training, street proven fighting ability, and unsurpassed violence of action would have been brought to bear the very split second the attackers were in range of my boots, hands, knees, elbows, teeth or whatever it took to end the agression--hypothetically speaking of coarse.

Then again, under the same circumstances, me and my team would have long gone down the road with our skip before the would-be attackers even knew what happened.

It all boils down to this: would you go through a door with me? That's all you need know.

Rex

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion