Bondsman helps U.S. Marshalls locate murder suspect • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Bondsman helps U.S. Marshalls locate murder suspect
 Post Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007 11:01 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
http://www.orovillemr.com/news/ci_6578204

Fugitive from triple homicide case in custody
BY PAULA M. FELIPE/Public Safety Reporter
Oroville Mercury Register
Article Launched:08/09/2007 12:00:00 AM PDT

A Bail Bondsman reportedly gave valuable information to U.S. Marshals that led them to locate Deandre Tyrone Lowe, also known as "Ty."
Lowe, 38, is a suspect in the robbery of marijuana at the Best Value Inn in Oroville, which left three people dead after a fierce gun battle in a motel room on Oct. 22, 2006.

The Oroville Police Department had issued an active felony warrant on homicide charges for Lowe and had asked the public's help in locating him.

U.S. Marshals captured Lowe in Seattle, Washington, where he remains in custody.

"He is expected to be arraigned on the warrant from the Oroville Police Department. If he waives extradition, he will be returned to Butte County soon," said Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey.

On Oct.. 22, 2006, suspected medical marijuana patients from the Concow area were attempting to sell a portion of their crops when one of three intended buyers from the Vallejo area tried to rip them off at gunpoint.

At least 17 shots were exchanged during the ensuing gun battle, some of the bullets penetrating into two adjoining — but unoccupied — motel rooms.

Dejuan Dean, 33, of Sacramento, Lee Miles Nixon, 22, of Vallejo, and Thomas Kile, 38, of Concow, were killed.

Four men reportedly fled the scene, and three were later arrested and charged with possession for sale and transportation of marijuana.

Both gunman were killed in the shoot-out along with Nixon, who apparently was caught in the crossfire.

Police investigators believe Lowe had accompanied the sellers to the motel room for the drug deal and robbery.

Ramsey explained under the felony murder rule, suspects can be charged with first-degree murder if a death ensues during a planned robbery or other serious offense, even if they did not pull the trigger.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject: Hey
 Post Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007 12:35 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

We had been looking for a skip for a little over a year. We finally got him. When we took him to the police station where we had found him he refused to get finger printed. They put him in a cell and told him he wasn't getting out til he cooperated. We got a call about a week later from the officer that was there saying he finally got finger printed. The reason he didn't want to be finger printed was because he was wanted by the US Marshals for attempted murder in Eunice, FL and Aggrevated Assult on a police officer in Atlanta, Georgia. I guess I wouldn't want to be finger printed either. Were now working on a case again with the US Marshals because there looking for a guy the bondsman bailed out again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007 14:01 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Experience: More than 10 years
Our local PD and SO never have any problems getting the perps to submit to finger printing.

Is there a law that allows duly arrested actors to refuse to submit to finger printing?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007 14:15 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
he probably did not get that "phone call" until he gave up his prints :wink:

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007 14:16 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Mark C has a story along these lines

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject: Hey
 Post Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007 22:29 
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

I believe that they called me when they finally got him too. They told him when we were there that he would sit until he was finger printed. So i guess they weren't playing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 12 Aug 2007 00:13 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Here also, a person cannot be "booked" until their fingerprints are completed. Until they are completely booked, they are not considered bondable, so not entitled to a phone call. I don't know of any specific cases where a person refused to be printed, but there are times where it takes many hours before they are "sober" enough to complete the process. Since fingerprinting is a required part of the booking process, and the defendant is allowed phone access only when the booking process is complete, I would think that a defendant could easily be denied access to a phone until he/she has complied and the process completed. I often get calls from indemnitors prior to the person being booked, or sometimes while they are still in detox, but can't do the bond until the defendant is physically at the jail, and the booking process is complete. In these instances, I ask the jail to notify me, or to have the defendant call me once they are bondable.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage