vehicles • PUBLIC SECTION • Open Discussion • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: vehicles
 Post Posted: Tue 16 Nov 2004 11:41 

Something came to me the other day when I pulled up next to a cop and seen the cage that blocks the arrested person from him. Does everyone drive their personal vehicles? Do you have company vehicles? Do they have that little protective barrier, or plain an simply do you call the sheriff or PD to drive your skip to jail?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 16 Nov 2004 17:20 

We use our personal vehicles when picking up a skip. I do know several agents that use the crown vics with cages. It's just a case of personal preference in my opinion. How about everyone else?

Post subject: VEHICLES
 Post Posted: Wed 17 Nov 2004 18:01 
in memoriam

WE HAPPEN TO USE EVERYTHING FROM CRN VICS TO MOTORHOMES-I ALSO DO REPOSSESSIONS AND DO SOMETIMES USE REPOED VEHICLES-MY PERSONAL UNITS INCLUDE 04 CRN VIC(NO CAGE)-00 DODGE DAKOTA 4WD WITH MODIFIED PICKUP TRUCK CAP WITH RESTRAINTS-600 HP FORD LIGHTNING-JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE-BUICK REGAL-ALL VEHICLES ARE USED FOR SURVAILENCE AND TRANSPORT-WE ALSO USE THE PD TO TRANSPORT AT TIMES -WE USE VARIED VEHICLES SO AS NOT TO TIP OFF SKIP AND NEIGHBORHOOD-I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF MODIFYING THE VIC-I USE OLD BULLET PROOF VEST PANELS AND PUT THEM IN BETWEEN THE INNER DOOR PANEL AND AND THE DOOR TRIM ALSO I LINE THE FRONT SEAT BACK FRAME WITH THEM AND ALSO THE REAR SEAT BACK IN THE TRUNK I ALSO GLUE THEM INSIDE THE REAR FENDERS AND REAR DECK LID BACK SECTION-ALL MY VEHICLES HAVE FLEETBOSS GPS TRANSPONDERS INSTALLED SO THEY CAN BE TRACKED ANYWHERE IN THE USA BY MY HOME COMPUTER-WE ALSO HAVE VHF 2 WAY RADIOS INSTALLED IN ALL VEHICLES AND 4 WALKIE TALKIES ON THE SAME FREQUENCY(YES I HAVE A BUSINESS BAND FCC LICENSE (PRIVATE POLICE))WE ARE ALSO EQUIPED WITH VERIZON CELL PHONES WITH LOCAL PD PROGRAMED IN-ALL UNITS HAVE FIRST AID KITS AND SPARE AMMO PLUS OTHER SPECIALIZED EQUIPTMENT

Post subject: Yes
 Post Posted: Wed 17 Nov 2004 18:09 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 0
Experience: More than 10 years
The prisoner partition is absolutely essential, in my opinion.

It would be difficult for anyone to claim that you reached over and touched something when a barrier is there.

I feel better having one of my guys do a single person transport over multiple counties knowing that the bail fugitive is secured in that way. Otherwise, the transport would require two people for safety.

Most bail skips are compliant, but, every now and then, one gets frisky on the way to jail and this is where the lower kick board comes in.

In my early pre-partition days, there were a couple who tried to boogie out of the car, but this isn't as easy for them to do today.

My only suggestion is that the rear windows be limo black tinted to preserve the dignity of the bail skip and kind of hide the cage.

In one of my earlier Crowns, I had the partition with spit shield (that came in handy) and a specially molded rear seat that made traveling on short trips with arms behind the back more comfortable. Longer trips require waist chains and shackles.

Some people strap down or bolt their transports to the floor board, but this could be problematic in the even of an emergency. It is far better to simply open the door or crack a window to rescue someone in the back without that person being bolted in the back with a complicated rig. If you use a really complicate rig then EMS crews may have problems getting someone out of your car, which could lead to liability issues.

Lastly, transporting a fighter hog-tied is very dangerous in that the person could die from not being able to breathe in that position--especially if that person has been pepper sprayed.

Rex

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 14:26 

I wouldnt think everyone would fully mod the cars themselves besides the things HGUNNER does. Where would you purchase a car with a police package on it (being the cage etc..)? I understand you can get the old caprices from junkyards or auctions. Where would you get a new crown vic from? Would you walk into the dealership and say hey im looking for a crown vic, and is there a package with these options on it? (im guessing obviously thats when you would need your FRA/BEA license to show you are a type of law enforcement?

I would like to thank everyone for answering my questions and helping me along the way. I am really trying to get into this profession, its either this or the marine corps.

Post subject: Cars
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 18:46 

we use old police cars for transport. We have the full package. and use unmarked cars for the tail and all all the cars come back to the company. you don't want to use personal cars. they can get the same info we can get from a tag. you can get a Crown Vic full outfit for around 11K let me know if you need the web site info

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu 18 Nov 2004 19:11 
in memoriam

Soull01... go for the Marines... Semper Fi!

“What is sought is found... what is overlooked escapes” (Oedipus Rex)

Post subject: Re: Cars
 Post Posted: Sun 21 Nov 2004 13:32 

emsskibum- Would you mind giving me the site? I would just like to look around and see what everythings about. The more I know the better prepaired I will be, you know?

Quote:
Soull01... go for the Marines... Semper Fi!

Haha, does that mean competition is getting to thick in the profession, or are you a Marine? :lol: If I goto the Marines I will be going for Military Police, then most likely dog handleing the the special tatics unit, then from there im not sure. I would probley be better or taking that route, might be easier for me to get out in this profession or even open my job field up more, but I would rather try my best at getting into BH. I mean all else fails Marines will always be here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon 06 Jun 2005 18:54 

We work in some pretty bad areas! I try to never drive my personal vehicles. That is the last thing I need, someone trying to get revenge on me for locking them or someone in their family up while my wife is driving somewhere. I always use an alternate vehicle and it never gets parked at my residence. You have to think about your family and property. We are in a crazy industry!

Elite Fugitive Recovery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue 07 Jun 2005 13:49 

I drive a blue mini van, its not that intimidating.

also anyone I surrender/take custody of is handcuffed (behind the back of course) and leg shackles, if they are a fighter, or spitter, I have a special mesh hood kinda like a mosquito net that goes over their head.
add the seatbelt and an extra person in the car, and your pretty safe, most times.

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Open Discussion