More Connecticut news.. • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: More Connecticut news..
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Feb 2007 22:20 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 1366
Experience: 7 - 10 years
This happened yesterday..Hard to imagine when my 6 y/o niece goes to high school...

A 16-year-old high school junior has been charged with making bombs in a plan to target classmates in his school, a plot uncovered after a video was discovered on the Internet, police said.

Frank Fechteler, who attended Newington High School, was charged late Wednesday and ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail, state prosecutors said. He was arraigned Thursday in juvenile court.

Police said they seized weapons from Fechteler's home in Newington after receiving a tip from a parent about the attack plan.

The plot was foiled when a teen who knows the suspect sent a link to an Internet video on YouTube.com to a person who did not know Fechteler, police said. The video showed area high school students firing weapons and igniting explosives, but it was unclear Thursday who had made the video.

The teenager who received the link shared the information with a parent, who contacted police.

"We are extremely grateful that this parent took the important step," Newington Police Lt. William Darby said. "We believe this was a legitimate threat."

Police interviewed the students and learned that Fechteler planned to carry out the assault. The investigation determined no other students were involved.

Parents of students identified as targets of the plot have been notified.

Prosecutor Kathleen McNamara and public defender Christopher Eddy declined to comment on the court appearance Thursday. Authorities said the teen continued to be held.

His parents, William and Soon Fechteler, declined to comment after the court appearance.

Newington police said that Fechteler underwent a psychiatric evaluation and that his family was fully cooperating.

___

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Feb 2007 22:25 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
INCREDIBLE !

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Feb 2007 22:29 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Apparently, a girl in Canton (think Avon area) saw it on Youtube and told her parents, who in turn notified the cops...The kid stopped a potential massacre.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Feb 2007 22:39 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 340
Experience: More than 10 years
Hopefully that girl will remain forever as honorable as she was the moment that she reported what she had seen.

Do not consider anything for your interest which makes you break your word, quit your modesty, or inclines you to any practice which will not bear the light, or look the world in the face .... Marcus Antonius

I AM Some Folks "KARMA" and A MODERATOR @ FRN

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Feb 2007 22:41 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
People, especially juveniles, don't seem to understand that anything you post, and anyhing you e-mail, can be found and tracked if someone is looking for it. Also, scanners can intercept cell phones, and even cordless phones if they are on the right frequency. I inacvertently get CB or radio calls, or static on my computer, even when I have the sound muted. To me it's just an irritation, but to someone listening in...

I may post or e-mail things that are only expected for other's knowledge, but in the back of my mind, I always consider that "anyone" could potentially get access to it. How many personal and software warnings does it take to get this through to people?

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri 16 Feb 2007 22:41 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

And to top it all off...Newington arrested ANOTHER one for having a loaded pellet gun in his pants..In a way, I'm glad I have no kids..I would be worried as all hell sending them to school...

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage