IF YOU TAKE IT OUT IN TRADE IT EVENTUALLY BITES • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun 24 Dec 2006 00:36 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 324
Experience: 5 - 7 years
I have heard of allegations of this happening with agents that I know. For whatever reason, the charges were not filed, or were dropped or found unsubstantiated. I honestly believe and know that this situation happens more often than is publicized.

Consider a jailer's open overhearing of a defendant's "offer of sexual favors" in return for an agent's getting them out. One agent who is personally in question, I have heard several stories about from the jail and other rumors. Nothing is substantiated and no charges are filed. I personally like the agent and continue to do work for him because he has always treated us right, and while he may accept an offer, as far as I know has never made it a requirement. That is a fine line, but while speculation may be true, I have seen enough of his bonds to find that he doesn't write stupid bonds, no matter what the circumstance.

In another case, an agent had felony charges filed against him for criminal impersonal impersonal because he sent a 'bribe" to a jailer allegedly from another agent, as well as the "exchanging of sex for getting a person out of jail" that were later allegedly filed. From previous personal ethical and moral experiences, we stopped work for this agent long ago. We did not agree with his pay for BEA's, or his treatment of employees or clients. He would write stupid bonds and expect a BEA to "save" him for very little pay. Apparently he was either able to plead to misdemeanors (to keep his license), or somehow managed to discredit the evidence and witnesses enough to retain his license.

The point is that both may be guilty, but one conducts his business in one manner, the other conducts his in another. The first treats us very well, calls us when he needs us, and always pays well. We are in adjoining counties, so when I get a call from his county to write a bond that is questionable, I always call him to find out why they are calling me. Sometimes it is personal with him, and I get a good bond that he turned down. Many times I reject a bad bond because of the information I get from him.

The other bondsman treated us (and everyone else who has ever and/or currently works for him) like dirt, so only his son (who is honest but also cheap) will contact us when he is desparate, because the in-house agents struck out. The son owns the company, but we have turned down work that involved his dad, even though the son was ultimately liable for the forfeiture.

You have to choose who you work for, and stick to your morals. The first agent (the one who treats us right) was the first one to give James (my hubby) work when he started in BE, has always been straight with us, and has never had (to my knowledge) charges filed for improper acts.

The other we know is a jerk and have no doubts that he is immoral, so have no respect for him, nor will he work for him directly.

Choose your agents wisely if you want to build a good reputation. The agent that you work for can build or destroy you reputation.

Sales Associate, Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.
Walsenburg, CO

Proud Member of the AB Reject Club

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage