Why would we kick in a door? • PUBLIC SECTION • Media Coverage • Fugitive Recovery Network (FRN) Forums
FRN Banner
wordpress-ad

Post subject: Why would we kick in a door?
 Post Posted: Thu 03 Jul 2014 08:38 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
Experience: More than 10 years
It seems to me that kicking in doors and "hitting" the wrong houses are two area's of this business that brings us the most grief and bad publicity.

Under certain situations we are allowed to kick in a door to re-arrest our target, but why would we do that? Why are so many people hell bent on kicking in doors? Why do we read so many articles of this taking place?

In my humble opinion this is absolutely not the way to go. (I can think of one exception).

In my opinion, there are many reason's that folks feel they should kick in doors but those reasons are too many to mention here, and frankly those reasons will get you in big time trouble.

I've always used the 80/20 rule. This work is 80 percent locating (office, leg and phone work) and 20 percent of an agents time should be for the actual recovery.

If you've spent the time required to locate your target, then there is really no reason we should be entering the wrong house, much less apprehending the wrong person.

Yes, you'll spend a tremendous amount of time locating the defendant, and you'll most likely spend hours and hours eyeing the defendants residence, but time is on your side. He/She will have no idea you're anywhere around and they will have to come out at some point and if done correctly they'll never know what happened til it's already happened.

Some might say, "yea, but I don't have time for all that". My response would be, do you have the time and resources to defend yourself in a court of law, not to mention trying to repair your reputation.

My hope would be that some would read this and at least give it some thought and hopefully give it a try.

I also hope that one day we'll start posting positive things that our fellow Bail Agents and Recovery Agents are doing in their local communities that will truly show the good side of this business and the people that are in it.

In fact, I'll be posting some of those things, and the people that are doing them soon. In the meantime, do any of you have any stories you'd like to share about our fellow Agents and what they're doing to put this business in a more favorable light?

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post subject: Re: Why would we kick in a door?
 Post Posted: Thu 03 Jul 2014 17:46 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3904
Bill,

I don't understand the mentality behind it either. If I am not 110% sure the defendant is in that house, I will call for LE to do the search if I have a strong enough suspicion but not have eye balled the skip.

Unfortunately, bad media and law suits may be the only way to reign in some of these guys. Unless of course, the state decides to really tighten up their local laws.

Post Posted: Fri 04 Jul 2014 10:04 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Well said Bill ..

I am currently dealing with a "DOOR KICK" Lawsuit now.. I will not go into details as the case is still pending in court.. If it comes to a conclusion this August 2014 for me and the case is over I will go into much more detail of this incident.

I can say I was with an Idiot Bail Bondsman who totally got me sucked into this mess.

One thing I can definitely say now ..and add to this post.. especially for the New Comers to this Business...

When working with others .. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THEIR WORK ETHICS !!!!!!!!!!!

Ask around.. do your due diligence of your co-workers.. You do not want to be working with Rambo's and People with Death Wishes..and Think they make their own laws and the Law doesnt apply to them .. cause it will come full circle and bite you in the azz like it did me.

I got jammed up in my lawsuit only after I was a newbie Bail Bondsman for 4 months and sadly I should've known better .. but went along for this pick up anyways which totally has become a huge 4 yrs nightmare for me and lets not forget my Legal Fees $$$$$.. and Ulcers.. I would've been paid $250 if we recovered our actual defendant.. but instead .. the other Agent kicked the wrong door, grabbed the wrong guy .. with the same name and age (but different DOB).. as our target... and now $5000 into legal fees out of my own pocket .. I am still defending myself in this suit.. Like I said .. there is a lot more to this .. but will have to continue this after my civil case is resolved in the near future.. ..

Use smarts .. Use Caution .. When in Doubt .. Leave it alone .. It is NOT worth it in the long run.

Another reason why I HATE do Pick Ups of defendant's ..

I make wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ writing bail sitting at the jail, then I do going after these folks that Fail to Appear with Warrants.. I personally do not think the money is worth my Safety / Life .. that some million dollar insurance company and / or Bail Bond Company can easily cut a check for and be done with it and write it off as a loss ..

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

Post Posted: Mon 07 Jul 2014 20:09 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3902
A few months ago I told a true but rather embarrassing story about a skip that had jumped out of my car and fled on foot in sub zero temperature (wind chill). I knew there was no way this man could survive the cold and I was convinced that he would be found dead at some point from the freezing weather.

What I didn't know at the time, was that he jumped out about a mile from a relatives house, and he survived. I caught up with him a few days later in Tennessee.

I told that story in hopes that others might see it and not make the same "mistake". (There really isn't a word to describe what I did, so I'll use mistake)

I think Jeff's post was meant to do the same thing. I'm not saying Jeff did anything wrong, but I dang sure did.

You newer guys and us older guys can learn a lesson from some of this stuff and I hope you will. After all, it doesn't take much to post all the wonderful no problem re-arrests that were made.

Bill

Asheville NC 28804
828-777-8667
Lic # NC10013561
Lic # TN 2033018

Never be haughty to the humble
or humble to the haughty - Jefferson Davis

Post Posted: Wed 09 Jul 2014 08:22 
in memoriam

FRN Agency ID #: 1474
deleted by author..........

DCJS: 99-176979
Cell: 434-294-0222

"Endeavor to Persevere" "Lone Watie"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that , comes from bad judgment" "Will Rogers"

Post Posted: Wed 09 Jul 2014 18:34 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

FRN Agency ID #: 3828
Well I guess making a post to this thread jinxed myself..

My attorney called today and the Plaintiff's attorney amended th civil complaint.. and dug up some dirty info about my cop days and my shootings / killing of individuals and added this into the complaint.. so I guess it will be a longer road than I had hoped for.. the saga continues.. :roll:

Attachments:
2014-07-09 20.12.52 1.jpg
2014-07-09 20.12.52 1.jpg [ 43.99 KiB | Viewed 10536 times ]

NABBI Member

"Surprise Sex is the Best Thing to Wake up to, UNLESS, You are in Jail... "

FRN Forums » PUBLIC SECTION » Media Coverage